It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook & Google taking over!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
on popular science,
they have a stories about Facebook.
they are getting a computer that will use to
help them sort out all your photos and information.
like if you are doing some thing how can it now what it is?
link!

This with Google building a Robot army!
they must be control'd by the NSA and the like.
We will be watch't more than you can imagine.
all kinds of things are watching us now.
soon robots will follow us about.
you are losing the last of your freedom and privacy.

Facebook users upload 350 million photos onto the social network every day, far beyond the ability of human beings to comprehensively look at, much less analyze. And so that’s one big reason the company just hired New York University (NYU) machine learning expert Yann LeCun, an eminent practitioner of an artificial intelligence (AI) technique known as “deep learning.” As director of Facebook’s new AI laboratory, LeCun will stay on at NYU part time, while working from a new Facebook facility on Astor Place in New York City. “Yann LeCun's move will be an exciting step both for machine learning and for Facebook, which has a lot of unique social data,” says Andrew Ng, who directs the Stanford Artifical Intelligence Laboratory and who led a deep-learning project to analyze YouTube video for Google. “Machine learning is already used in hundreds of places throughout Facebook, ranging from photo tagging to ranking articles to your newsfeed. Better machine learning will be able to help improve all of these features, as well as help Facebook create new applications that none of us have dreamed of yet.” What might those futuristic advances be? Facebook did not reply to repeated requests for comment.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
People still use facebook?? LOL

That would be like frequenting a restaraunt that takes a
dump on your plate every time you dine. Most would think
your an idiot if that pleased you (In General. Not you OP)

SELL STOCK IF YOU HAVE IT. Anyone that would have haf
an account has got one already, the only way to go is down
facebook. Not good for share prices...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

They need to be investing in "deep learning" for humans instead of robots.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I would say Google is definitely taking over. But not Facebook. Facebook has nowhere to go and I believe is on the decline.

I come across more and more people all the time who no longer use Facebook. I myself stopped using it around 18 months ago.

Google however know exactly what they are doing. Fingers in every pie, dominant in several major global markets and still rising.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Facebook is on the decline. Google buying Youtube will make it successful for a much longer time and give it a wider range of power.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by conspir81

Youtube is forcing google+ onto people and they have no choice but to join.
I am starting to see a decline in youtube videos on my subscriptions.

seems people are moving to alternatives.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I've been thinking along the same lines... in the not too distant future facebook and youtube (and google?
) will just be another myspace in the strands of the net.
They always seem too big to fail, but the people decide and when they realize these sites are not interested in their needs/wants... they are destined to fail.
The current direction of youtube is a perfect example.
They're as bad as most governments: without the people they are nothing, but instead of listening to them they essentially mock them.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

conspir81
Google buying Youtube will make it successful for a much longer time and give it a wider range of power.

That already happened in 2006

top topics

join