It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** We have a new Video Partner, Don't Tread On Media

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Notheycant
reply to post by caitlinfae

I hope through time I can win you over

Wtf does that even mean?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Notheycant
reply to post by blupblup

I'll look into that name change. I did already get the DTOM tattoo on myself so it might be hard to change.

No... definitely don't change your name, not to what I suggested. LOL
I was kind of being a dick, they used to have a show here that featured two female members (moderators) who were deemed extremely attractive and given the show based solely on their looks.
It was awful and tacky and I suppose, this is why many members have some concerns and are a little anxious about these ventures, ATS doesn't have a very good history/track record with these things.

You can be the exception I hope.

I wouldn't say 9/11 is my favorite because at the end of the day it was tragic. It was the singular event that truly opened my eyes. But before that I was still considering myself a libertarian, I felt most aligned with the Libertarian party because of my disgust over USA's War on Drugs.

Yes, I would imagine it opened many people's eyes for sure.
And yep, totally with you on the "war on drugs" thing.... seems like governments in the west (well US & UK) just like waging wars huh?

No one's my uncle over at ATS (or any family for that matter) we just reached out to ATS

OK, again, I was being sarcastic but cool.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You're beginning to sound like my mother.

Chill out.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Welcome Josh & Partners! First time I saw some of their stuff, it was obvious they have "it." Good call ATS...now get busy y'all...this will be fun!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

You sound fairly normal, and write well, so with a camera in your hand and just a tablespoon more maturity some good things may happen.

The one story which is worth spending more than a week on is Arken's spine find, imnho. You can take a photo of it around to the L.A. area universities (or at least one) and try to get various people to comment on it without telling them it's on Mars. It looks like a find direct from the Sahara. It hasn't gotten the media attention it probably deserves, so that's a story I'd suggest as one of your series.

As with some others here, I'm not big into conspiracies (although I have my favorites and most of the other ones are entertainment and as a way to see how much can be seen by thousands of viewpoints if they all concentrate on one segment of time and space), and enjoy the science, breaking news, space data and other topics. But conspiracy is the sites bread and butter, so I know you have to cover them heavily, but please leave room for the rest of the sites interests as well - like a serious consideration of exploring Arken's spine discovery and seeing how far you can take that one. Just a personal interest though, as you will find lots of us here (and everywhere) like to toss ideas around, especially if someone else is willing and happy to do the grunt work.

edit on 20-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

haha I was kidding

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Pics of the tattoo please, unless it's somewhere disgusting.

I have to agree with what others are saying about the history of videos here. As wild as ATS is, don't make it the centre of your universe. I never ever watched the Conspiracy Chicks after the first one or two because it just felt patronising and a bit silly, and that's no disrespect to the two presenters involved....it just didn't work. We just desperately want decent, well thought out, calorific, intelligent, ok...serious...conspiracy films that make us think and inform us, not merely distract and entertain us. The brief is maybe not as straightforward as you might think. I spend a lot of time listening to Gregg Braden, Alan Watt, Webster Tarpley and others, and although I don't agree with any of them wholesale and wouldn't claim to be anywhere remotely in the same league as them, if you want to be taken seriously with this stuff, you really need to aim very high. Alright...lecture over...will wait to see what the first film is like.

How come no website yet? I hope it's in the works.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I like that idea and it could make for a very good "Man on the street" video

Thanks again

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by SubTruth

Well, i am sure Ben Stein can be hired to provide you the dry lecture you seem to want. To the rest of the world, this is entertainment as well as anything else.

Ya wanna know what what sells........honesty,integrity,just giving the facts no one else will give. Do you trust Stewart or Colbert to give you the facts on serious issues.

I would have no issue if this was the type of setup. Is it? Or is this supposed to be serious reporting? Like I said before if you want to be taken serious you have to act serious. Not dry.......serious.
edit on 20-12-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Website is in the works! We are such a small team hopefully I can hire someone else soon to help out.

I do have the Gadsden flag tattoo'd above my knee but not a DTOM Tat

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

SubTruth

I would have no issue if this was the type of setup. Is it? Or is this supposed to be serious reporting? Like I said before if you want to be taken serious you have to act serious. Not dry.......serious.

Perhaps we all want serious, honest, proper journalism/journalistic integrity.... but is this what ATS wants?
Is that why they're collaborating or do they want fun, silly, light-hearted YT/FB-style silliness?
Perhaps they want fun, broad brush, appeal to the masses.

I mean we're already here so we're not the intended audience.

They want all of the quality posters from the YouTube comments sections

LOL

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Notheycant
reply to post by Aleister

I like that idea and it could make for a very good "Man on the street" video

Thanks again

Thanks. Maybe a little of man on the street, yet the majority of a vid like that should, imnho, be journalistic. Interviewing authorities, getting expert analysis, etc. I'm a man on the street and I could see a possible spine there, but that means nothing. Now if a university paleontologist or a recognized medical doctor see a spine, that's news. Think Woodward and Bernstein combined with your own personal charisma and flair, and the world may beat a path to your door, take a look inside, and then beat a path away from your door (don't mind me, I'm a would-be satirist in another life, but not on serious topics here).

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Actually, I have a suggestion for you. Maybe not exactly a conspiracy like you're expecting, but a modern oddity none-the-less.

Housing. It's a massive issue globally. There are more empty properties in the US than there are homeless people...that's insanity right there.

Housing costs are mushrooming, as are food and fuel, and the bare bones of living are becoming so expensive, by accident or design. I suspect design, but maybe not.

How about looking at the Tiny House Movement..lots of stuff on this already, but nowhere near as well known as it should be. There is also the Micro House trend in Japan...beautiful and frugal. How about other solutions from elsewhere that could be implemented here? Like yurts, shipping containers, communal living? The whole idea of affordability needs to be looked at long and hard.

We are the only species on earth that has to pay to live here, with no alternative in Western countries at least, where it's also possible to be persecuted, socially if not legally, for being homeless. Is that conspiracy, or carelessness and lack of compassion for our fellow humans?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

caitlinfae

Actually, I have a suggestion for you. Maybe not exactly a conspiracy like you're expecting, but a modern oddity none-the-less.

Housing. It's a massive issue globally. There are more empty properties in the US than there are homeless people...that's insanity right there.

Housing costs are mushrooming, as are food and fuel, and the bare bones of living are becoming so expensive, by accident or design. I suspect design, but maybe not.

How about looking at the Tiny House Movement..lots of stuff on this already, but nowhere near as well known as it should be. There is also the Micro House trend in Japan...beautiful and frugal. How about other solutions from elsewhere that could be implemented here? Like yurts, shipping containers, communal living? The whole idea of affordability needs to be looked at long and hard.

We are the only species on earth that has to pay to live here, with no alternative in Western countries at least, where it's also possible to be persecuted, socially if not legally, for being homeless. Is that conspiracy, or carelessness and lack of compassion for our fellow humans?

Absolutely cracking idea mate.
I love the Tiny House movement and it would be great to see something proper on ATS about it, there must be lots in the US I'm guessing?

Great shout.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Thank you...it's something I feel very strongly about. I trained as an architect, so love buildings from an aesthetic perspective, but the human side of architecture is so neglected. We all need shelter, but we're forced to pay for it. Of course we need to be safe and building codes are a must, but how come some of the wealthiest people are property developers? They know how to build and will charge as much as the market will bear, regardless of what people can properly afford. Therein lies the root of many of our current problems.

It would also be an easy topic to research, relatively speaking, and perhaps Josh could talk to architects, urban planners, house builders, off gridders and the like...so many ways it could go. If we have so many unemployed people, and far too many homeless people, why aren't we having a low cost sustainable housing boom of all these people building their own houses?

Shipping containers are a personal favourite of mine, along with straw bale building, but that's cos I live in a cold country.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

caitlinfae

If we have so many unemployed people, and far too many homeless people, why aren't we having a low cost sustainable housing boom of all these people building their own houses?

Shipping containers are a personal favourite of mine, along with straw bale building, but that's cos I live in a cold country.

Totally agree with what you're saying and about wealth and property development, and in particular the myth of affordable housing.
And the reason we're not using empty houses, shipping containers, porta-cabins, and a multitude of other means, is because there's no profit in housing the homeless.

Everything is about profit sadly and altruism solely for altruism isn't profitable... and I would imagine if you looked into many of the properties and "landlords" who are fleecing people in London and elsewhere, you'd see a lot of the same names cropping up.
Much like the Politicians who have second homes and businesses and shares in certain companies and connections to lobbyists and so on.

It's all linked and tied-in somehow.

But yes, would be a cool topic, both the movement and its ability to help out in the tough, economic times we find ourselves in.
edit on 20/12/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Given the area you are working out of, can we expect any sort of exploration of some of the west coast best mysteries. You could look for the hollow earth tunnels at Mt. Shasta, search for the lost city in the Nevada desert or seek out the ufo base hidden beneath Monterey Bay.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with people making a profit from building at all, but there should be a low cost, or no cost, self build alternative that has no social stigma attached to it. People should be encouraged to self build, or at least help out with self building if they can, to earn their own property in exchange for labour if necessary. Salvaging, recycling and upcycling should be actively encouraged as long as it's safe.

I think you're right...it seems like such a massive scam that we should be forced into a housing market where a "starter home" costs £400k. How can that be ethical? And we fall for it! We let it happen!

Our housing culture is wrong fundamentally, and I would love to see a film made that addresses all of these points and more, if Josh is interested and takes it on. I'm sure there are so many points we haven't even thought of, let alone discussed.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Yes to all of those, but especially the Mount Shasta tunnels.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

SubTruth

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by SubTruth

Well, i am sure Ben Stein can be hired to provide you the dry lecture you seem to want. To the rest of the world, this is entertainment as well as anything else.

Not in 2014.

Ya wanna know what what sells........honesty,integrity,just giving the facts no one else will give. Do you trust Stewart or Colbert to give you the facts on serious issues.

edit on 20-12-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join