It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** We have a new Video Partner, Don't Tread On Media

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I for one am totally in support of anything new and refreshing, especially by talent that makes people think. I think the satire and perspective, while geared for atypical audience, is different enough to make the series a success, and have the utmost respect for those who are willing to go that extra mile.

A lot of work goes into producing anything media related, and while I realize not everyone watches the same content, I'm thinking Josh and Crew has an interesting formula in the works. I'll do my part by promoting them, and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavour!

Kudos, guys!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

You know I have nothing but love for ATS. I didn't mean to sound negative, my apologies. I hope this does everything you want it to do for ATS. Happy Holidays Springer

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Either someone approached the owners of ATS or were approached by, to do some collaborative videos. An agreement appears to have been reached between the two parties, and an announcement was made.

A few members looked at some videos made by this person/team and have decided they are immature and somehow unsuitable for ATS (or was it just one video?)

Most members have been supportive but a few (or one?) are suggesting this video team should not be broadening their horizons and looking for work, and/or ATS should not choose this company as they are young and made what some perceive as an immature video.

Is this in the ballpark?

From what I can gather the decision has been made and the general mood is one of 'let's give these people a chance and see what they produce'. I for one am happy to see new talent encouraged, and I wish the all the best for 'Don't Tread On Media', and I hope their work is of sufficient depth and quality so-as to silence (or quite vocally reverse their position) the critics.

It all seems to be a kind of 'storm in a teacup', and I think a wait and see attitude would be prudent.

So welcome DTOM (sorry, acronyms are far quicker), I hope to see some quality work.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

Thank you. Hope we don't disappoint

Josh L

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

You should check your u2u messages.

Yours should be white, indicating an awaiting message to be read....

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I wasn't directing the "negativity" comment at you, I know your heart is in the right place when it comes to ATS.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS To you and yours too!

Springer...
edit on 12-21-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

You got it right and THANK YOU.

FYI, DTOMedia approached us to discuss a collaborative arrangement.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Springer
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

I am astounded at the rhetoric you've brought to this "welcome our new partners thread" and yet you have the gall to ask us to pay for and help you figure out how to bring YOUR video to a quality that might be worthy.

Seriously?

Mr. Springer - I believe one of us have misunderstood the other.

You did state that if someone whom has produced a video and shared it
with you that you 'might' be interested in producing it, so maybe I have
misunderstood your 'challenge'..?

I also misunderstood that Josh and crew would be doing investigative
reporting, and were in search of original stories with founding proof
to back up their claims!?!
These are the two things I read and forgive me, but misunderstood.

You may have no interest in my claim, even though you have not reviewed
what I have claimed to have found!

All is well, I will find someone else to review this find.

As far as your statement as myself being rhetoric, it fortells of someone whom is
and I quote.. "Rhetoric is the art of discourse, an art that performs the capability
of writers or speakers that attempt to inform, persuade or motivate particular
audience in specific situations".

Yes that is what I did.

My offer was NOT for you or your forum to hand feed me, but it was
share with this forum, not to make me financially independent.
I am a humanitarian and money is not my God, but the reveal of truth is!

I have misunderstood your offer and Josh's role here, so forgive me.

Be well and merry holidays.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is great news and the introduction video was very well done! You had this (relatively) old lady smiling throughout the whole thing.

Looking forward to more, welcome!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

As other members have mentioned whom have watched
said videos (only watched video posted by forum owner)
this naïve way of presenting theories in a immature sense
would bring the wrong kind of crowd to ATS.. and unfortunately
surfing through threads here show much immature name calling
insults "in the sandbox" members already
We don't need a knew crowd of immature members as truthfully,
it stifles those of intelligence!

Ats could go from Above Top Secret to 'About To Sink'.

The quote above is the rhetoric I was talking about.

Sheesh...

S...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Thank you for not judging until the first video is out!

All the BEST!

m...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What's with all the negative waves?

Never seen so much unabated ignorance on ATS.
No one has even tossed the banana peel yet !

Once again I welcome the the new endeavor.
edit on 21-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Josh is on ATS live! answering questions, please call in if you want to talk to to him.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I usually never give much thought to ATS after I sign out but our exchange made me think. I made a judgment from the video posted........Right or Wrong only time can tell. Just like my ATS name truth is subjective and we each hold our own truths dear.

When you suggested I should leave ATS because of my view on this subject and find my news with the mainstream media I was for lack of a better word..........Shocked. I always thought ATS loved dissent and opposing views and welcomed the debate ?

I love what you have built here guys. And my opinion stemmed from that love. But I have to wonder if that loyalty and passion runs both ways after being told to leave over a point of view.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Welcome Josh and Crew. Love your video (intro). Great sense of humor.

I will look for your media each week and see what your doing but what I would like to see spread into the mainstream (or get into the public more) is....

How to choose a president - no bias - just teaching critical thinking skills instead of "oh wow - they make me feel good so there it is".

Having the whole world consider engaging in "perspective". Put self in others shoes. Never mind - that will never happen.

I have other ideas but the president/elected officials one seems doable given so many do not think critically (not anyone on ATS of course) - run off of the emotion of media far too easily (for far more than elections but it's an important one so a start).

Actually - the way media works on people's thinking and therefore emotion and therefore behavior - that whole topic needs some educational component. Hmmm... The media teaching about media.

Welcome to ATS. I'm looking forward to your stuff.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Whoa Cisco, I never asked you to leave. I stated that if you demand straight, no humor journalism there's lots out there you can consume. If you think a guy in a suit is what's required to get to the truth you kow where to find that style of journalism, it's failed us for 50+ years but you're welcome to it if that's what you need.

I would never indicate that you shouldn't come back here and compare what your suits said to what's really happening. We love you and ALL of our members and visitors, if we didn't we'd shut this place down tomorrow morning just to avoid the headaches.

It's all good, we only asked that you all give these guys a chance. Let's see what comes from it.

Fair enough?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

It's all good, we only asked that you all give these guys a chance. Let's see what comes from it.

Fair enough?

I think that is fair enough, I am not going to continue on this thread to criticize, I have put forward several very reasonable concerns and so far the response has been "lets just give them a chance".

So I am ok with that, I agree with you, lets give them a chance.

but i do have to ask this, this is the only reassurance i want.

If Dont Tread on Media creates videos for ATS that continue to raise the concerns that i have raised about their previous videos (such as showing narcotic use) will ATS staff review their allegiance with DTOM.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

HumAnnunaki

With your endorsement of Josh and crew, you take responsibility
as it should be with you in co ownership of ATS
which shows integrity therefore I follow your lead..

All the best Springer, Josh

Be well.

Buried in my second post is my apology to my first post, however
it becomes apparent it was not blatant enough to be understood
so I openly offer apology now.

To those whom felt my first post as an insult..

I truly apologize

Merely I made an observation and my word play was in bad judgement,
which I see now - some have taken offensively.

This will be my last reply to this thread

To ALL ATS members, Josh and Mr. Springer -

Be well.. Merry-Merry Holidays!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

caitlinfae
reply to post by Notheycant

This project sounds like a whole pile of amazing potential...can't wait to see what you produce. I'm curious as to why you don't have your own account though? It takes seconds. Anyway....I will be waiting with baited breath for the first vids. I'm a little concerned about the apparent segregation of the over 40's in this discussion however....why does age ever have to be an issue? Surely content is much more important than the chronology of the mind that created it. But then, I'm way over 40, so I have a sensitive spot for being segregated like this.

This age segregation approach concerns me as well, but I suppose they have thought this through for varying reasons and need to procced with this type of experimentation/learning curve. I do hope they scrutizine the under 40's content, perhaps bouncing if off the minds of an over 40's inside ATS group.

I would like to see 'following the money' vids, however I doubt politicians will be forthcoming with their reasoning...so, this would be a challenge. Then, again, I don't want to see vids where the probability of finding out the truth is near to impossible and ends up being a total waste of time. Is Josh a formibable interviewer when up against media-seasoned politicians?

edit on 22-12-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I am new to all of this, conspiracies and fringe topics are a passion for sure. I like everyone else want to find out the truth. I hate being in the dark.

That being said,

If I get the opportunities to interview/cover ppl in the limelight I will work very hard and push for the truth.

Josh L

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join