It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulations back up theory that Universe is a hologram

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

And also, science may be suffering under a misconception if they are stating the 'Universe may be one 'gigantic' simulation.
Science is not stating that. Perhaps you should reread.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Quite the contrary; if this is all a hologram, then we are no more than an artificial intelligence in said hologram.

What does artificial intelligence have to with holography?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Quite the contrary; if this is all a hologram, then we are no more than an artificial intelligence in said hologram.

What does artificial intelligence have to with holography?

Have you ever known a hologram to occur without some sort of intelligence involved? And have you ever known a hologram to spawn naturally-occurring intelligences within it?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

iwilliam

Bone75
reply to post by Grimpachi

I think the implications are pretty obvious. If this is all just one big hologram or simulation, then there is indeed a creator behind it all. It also makes the existence of a Heaven and a Hell far more likely... does it not?

Regarding your last statement / question: I do not see how one logically follows from the other, and therefore can't agree with that statement. No.

I'm assuming you didn't notice my second post so I'll repeat it...

If this is a hologram, then it was designed by someone or something that exists somewhere other than here.
And if that someone or something has the ability to create a reality such as this one, then he or she or it also has the ability to create other realities for us as well.

edit on 21-12-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Have you ever known a hologram to occur without some sort of intelligence involved? And have you ever known a hologram to spawn naturally-occurring intelligences within it?

Studies suggest that the DNA molecule possesses holographic properties as well. Whether or not that's naturally occurring is a whole 'nother discussion though.
edit on 21-12-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Do you understand what a hologram is? It is a collection of interference patterns.

Holography is based on the principle of interference. A hologram captures the interference pattern between two or more beams of coherent light (i.e. laser light).

holocenter.org...

Have you ever known a hologram to occur without some sort of intelligence involved?
As a matter of fact, yes:
link.springer.com...

Throw some pebbles in a pond and you get interference patterns. A hologram in essence.

And have you ever known a hologram to spawn naturally-occurring intelligences within it?
Sure. All the time. That's a rather stupid oxymoronic question.
Have you ever known a universe which did not spawn naturally-occurring intelligences with in it?

edit on 12/21/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think the idea they are confusing with this is the theory of integrated consciousness arising from sufficiently complex systems in combination with quantum theory and observation.

As in what is observing particles to cause their motion when not under observation from a known source. Wow I am having a hard time putting it into words.

Closest I can manage would be does a particle have conscious ability to observe or is that observation due to an omnipresent observation.

Quantum physics gives me a giant headache.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm sorry I inconvenienced you with my questions. You don't ever have to worry about it again.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

It was no bother. Aren't questions asked in order to be answered?
Please, come again.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Phage

It was no bother. Aren't questions asked in order to be answered?
Please, come again.

In order to be answered nicely, sure. You are an excellent source of education, but I've never gotten a response like that from you before. It's rather off-putting.
edit on 21-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

After having explained several times (directly to you one time) what a hologram actually is, it gets a bit aggravating.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So do we live in a simulation, or inside a hologram?

The idea of the universe being nothing more than a simulation seems to simply be a modernised version of the idea that we live inside the mind of God, and everything we know, feel, touch, and so-on are simply the thoughts of God.

Let's assume that either premise is correct; what difference does it make to our own lives?
edit on 21-12-2013 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Well everyone is entitled to their own views and conclusions if their conclusion is a deity did it that's fine however when they try to push that view on me without the evidence to back it up then I push it right back at them. I know there are physicists looking for a fifth force, and if it is ever discovered I will re-examine my own views but not without the evidence. I think some here are trying to present make others believe that it has been found in their own way. I have certainly found a wealth of videos that try to do just that.

Anyway I found these videos helpful two are a bit long but they tie together nicely at the end and the other is short and easy on the brain. Found quite a few others helpful but if anyone else is interested I am sure they are clever enough to find them on their own.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

cuckooold
what difference does it make to our own lives?

IMO, none whatsoever. "This" still is what it is, and here we are still.

The math that may come of it, and devices engineered off of that math however.. may have significant impact in our daily lives.

Im waiting for my holodeck.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

So do we live in a simulation, or inside a hologram?

Nothing here indicates that we live in a simulation.
But, if the mathematics of strings is a valid model, it's not so much that we are "inside" a hologram. It's that the physical laws of the Universe, energy, gravity, matter (which would include us) are produced by something outside (strings). This doesn't mean it isn't "real".

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This thread is hilarious!

Kudos for linking that video, get your guru on.
Good stuff, there!

When someone starts talking all new-agey on me, I try to take it easy on them, because I realize they are without the intellectual faculties to know just how much fecal matter is coming out the wrong hole.

Smile, nod, and move on. It's the most spiritual thing you can do.

edit on 21-12-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Grimpachi

Well everyone is entitled to their own views and conclusions if their conclusion is a deity did it that's fine however when they try to push that view on me without the evidence to back it up then I push it right back at them.

That is certainly your choice. Just keep searching. No one has the answers for you, even if they are smacking you in the face every second of every day. Your perspective has to grow to include new possibilities.

"Deity" is just one label amongst many for that "x." The label isnt relevant to the "math."

I know there are physicists looking for a fifth force, and if it is ever discovered I will re-examine my own views but not without the evidence. I think some here are trying to present make others believe that it has been found in their own way.

Fifth force or not, it doesnt have anything to do with "x" existing. According to the pseudo-equation I posted, it would already be included in x regardless of what we are currently aware of existing.

Search the evidence for yourself anyway. Maybe with more advanced math skills, you can find this evidence for yourself of whatever it is you are seeking.

Instead of "pushing back," perhaps that time and energy could be of better use exploring, searching, and learning for yourself using the tools you are most comfortable with.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Well like I said if X does exist I am certain it isn't defined by any book on earth however maybe someday x will be discovered and defined when my pushback comes into play is when others try to force their views on me and those views come from ancient fairytales that they want me to believe is x. That's what the gurus are trying to do.

If there is an x then I am not self centered enough to think x cares or is even aware of what happens on this tiny little planet in the sea that is our universe and especially not what each higher functioning being thinks or does on it.

Before getting bogged down by the question of x the fifth force there is a long way to go on the unified theory of everything.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

DestroyDestroyDestroy

Bone75

I think the implications are pretty obvious. If this is all just one big hologram or simulation, then there is indeed a creator behind it all. It also makes the existence of a Heaven and a Hell far more likely... does it not?

Quite the contrary; if this is all a hologram, then we are no more than an artificial intelligence in said hologram. There can be no afterlife for us in the same way that there is no afterlife for a computer program.

You might enjoy my thread Star Trek Philosophy: "Ship in a Bottle". If you've seen that particular episode.

edit on 21-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Grimpachi

Well like I said if X does exist I am certain it isn't defined by any book on earth however maybe someday x will be discovered and defined when my pushback comes into play is when others try to force their views on me and those views come from ancient fairytales that they want me to believe is x. That's what the gurus are trying to do.

There is no question about x existing as per what I said. The attributes used to define x will determine what x "equals." So, we use commonalities that are used as "absolutes" in various different perspectives. For some scientists, that x equals the universe (more specifically, the math that describes it). For some religions, it equals God. For others, defining it as anything other than the variable "x" breaks the equation. That x could essentially be seen as what is perceived as Absolute. Math and Science work towards it in the form of the GUT and TOE. Many religions view it as "God," and so on.

Its just different people looking at the same thing.

If there is an x then I am not self centered enough to think x cares or is even aware of what happens on this tiny little planet in the sea that is our universe and especially not what each higher functioning being thinks or does on it.

That x would inherently include you, and anyone you know! Meaning, that x "cares" about this tiny little planet as much as it "is" this tiny little planet and it "cares" about you and everyone you know because x "is" you and everyone you know. The requirement of omnipresence would mean that x is located on all planes, at all points of locality, on every scale as well as the interactions between them.

In a simulation theory, this would mean that not only would the "computer" running this universe be part of x, but would itself reside within x. Even if this is all programmed, that doesnt mean that the entirety of existence is the same. In that way, even in finding a GUT or TOE, it might not apply to anything other than this universe. At the same time, if all of what we experience is simulated, that means it is done so through a conversion of some type of energy into various other forms. The computer running things would still likely be converting energy of some kind into various things (heat, wave forms, processing to parse code loops). Then again, maybe not.

When x is defined as essentially Absolute, it automatically scales with anything new that is introduced in any way. When/if we get to that level of knowledge, I suspect our focus will turn more to efficiency than it is now. Since that knowledge will likely be transferable regardless of subject. Even if it is only specific to this universe, it will be quite profound.
edit on 21-12-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join