It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulations back up theory that Universe is a hologram

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by BlueMule

Sooo to be clear you do not have anything to add to the conversation when it comes to the science aspect.

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Philosophy and mysticism are relevant too! Science doesn't function in a vacuum, and facts don't interpret themselves. I think your bigotry is preventing you from seeing that.

You can't hide behind your "science aspect" forever. Sooner or later the truth will win, despite the snarky shenanigans of scientism thralls.

edit on 20-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Its not really a topic to just jump into, if you really want to understand it.

If you have excellent math skills, it is open to your interpretation. Who knows, you might find some of the pieces that can allow us to explore it directly.

But, in agreement with Phage here, this is something that will take A LOT of effort to figure out what will or wont destroy the universe. Dramatic, no?

I have no doubt there are plenty of "laymen" type books on it, but actually understanding how the theories came to be, what they might mean and implicate, and how to utilize it correctly (if at all), is something that a single person might struggle to do. Focusing on simply exploring the theory at hand through math is, imo, your best bet!

You can also venture into arenas such as Game Theory and Complex Systems. There is a good amount of math involved with those too.

This whole "simulation" idea though... while it is certainly a possibility, it would be with ANY stable system of physics and math. Once we get it simplified to core quantification, we could technically create the universe. I am not sure that directly points to a simulation, as we know it. But, it could.

It doesnt matter whether its a simulation or not, imo. Those are interpretations of that math at hand. While that part is critical to scientific exploration, the math itself is more relevant than the interpretations of what it might mean.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I see you only want to play and that's fine but if you can't demonstrate you have an understanding of the science then I'm not interested in your hoodoo though I'm sure many bought into your New Age guru stuff. Anyway if you want to you can repost this in the theology section I am sure it would be hit with plenty of people buying into the mysticism aspect that you are so determined to push here.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Thanks I started reading a bit on the topic last night I can't say that I am grasping it very well but I do have a very very basic understanding that this point. I am pretty good with math I just don't like it. I think a lot of people will take a monetary advantage of others ignorance on the topic to further their agenda whether it be making selves look smart or pushing the mystic angle. Oh well it's not for everyone I'm not sure it's for me but I am determined to understand it better than I do now.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Oh yeah, exploitation for profit is the name of our entire economy.

I would personally suggest studying math, then diving into the theories that have been established using the math system.

I suggest this site to do just that. It doesnt go into THAT much depth, but it should get the core strong enough to move beyond it. I recently discovered that site for other reason, but in taking their tests, I was humbled! I am so used to using equations that I have memorized as tools, rather than understanding the "art" quality behind it. It was a really interesting experience. Heck, I forgot how to do long division! Pretty used to just using a calculator for that.

But, in going back through that basics (up through calculus), I am seeing math in a much, much different light now. Its kind of like going back to things you have written decades ago, and all of a sudden, you understand more about what you were saying than you did when you said it!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Grimpachi

I see you only want to play and that's fine but if you can't demonstrate you have an understanding of the science then I'm not interested in your hoodoo though I'm sure many bought into your New Age guru stuff. Anyway if you want to you can repost this in the theology section I am sure it would be hit with plenty of people buying into the mysticism aspect that you are so determined to push here.

Your bigotry does not befit a man of science. Or that Jedi title you've stolen.

"No theory of physics that deals only with physics will ever explain physics." -John Wheeler

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If the universe is a hologram, where does the hologram originate? Where is the projector? How did the projector come about? How did the source of the projector come about?

It seems to me that this theory still doesn't answer the questions that are most often asked.
edit on 20-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Hey thanks I just signed up on the website you posted the link to think it's called dashboard. I am just now looking through the site it looks pretty good. This is just what I need because it's been quite a while since I've had to use math formulas in everyday life.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The BEST part about that site is that you can work through it at your own pace. That is straight up brilliant, imo. It also has a quite excellent testing platform that you will find out about if you get into it.

Plus, if you are anything like me, the "game" aspects to the process are a ton of fun, albeit meaningless.

If you use it for a while, let me know what you think! I think the site is really on to something, and I feel that it helped me get a new perspective on even basic things like division. When you can get a better understanding of the basics of your foundation, everything that is built off of it will be that much stronger.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

LOL I just took the pretest I am seriously humbled. I am not sure how fast things will go considering I just started but I like it so far.

Well it looks like I'm going to be busy for a while taking some tests and relearning a lot. I will let you know how it goes after a day or two.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
1 has been studying this potential for long periods. It seems from 1z observations a "projection device" would be needed by those Created within it. What this projection device is perhaps designed within various CREATOR Creations 1 is not sure could be associated to the strings hypothesized connected to all. It would be associated with a mass or even total collective program built into all Created within the containment device of design. It allows different Created programs to Connect/Interact & Project... Could Awareness be associated with the projection device allowing all programs within to interact at the level of awareness achieved or designed some see dark because nothingness is their awareness others in light because that's what they have been aware of mainly? Still studying.

Using video game or tv example the games or dvds are the projectors the game console or television is the containment device for projection.
In reflection, the Created are the projectors of their reality aware of and the dimensions realms or universe(s) are the containment(s) The simulation.

Outta box DEEP thought 1 had was if this projecting is possible and some in an attempt to enslave made protocols said to be TRUTH related to religions... And some began to WORSHIP or mass project could some eventually project GOD??? Unknowingly making the real in the dimension of projection either way. Further can a higher intelligence with ability to recognize the projection abilities of all within influence or MAKE a reality with the many projections from those within? Why remaining totally exterior from the projection, unless manifested or requested in GOD like form...

This is 1z subjective observation...

Further when considering more Advances with Autonomous Artificial Intelligences from crafts to the new biped like various designs equipped with creator human or other? matching faces, it is observed how the human or other essence is embedded within the intelligence and builds of these intelligent computers-cyborgs?-droids-robots maybe even avatariz.

With this in mind it doesn't seem to far out of logic for the Created to ALSO carry CREATOR essence within us ALL* Nor does it seem to far out of mind to consider the energy within the Created having potential of being located or locating itself somehow considering (HH) following laws of attraction methods or programs to further balance the WHOLE*

Interesting read OP 1 enjoyed. In time it seems the strings will all be found to be Attached to what remains a mystery until shared or found.

edit on 12/20/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Grimpachi

LOL I just took the pretest I am seriously humbled.

I know, right?

The first one that had me scratching my head was a long division problem. I couldnt even figure out what that strange bracket meant. I thought it was dealing with trig, in some new fangled symbolic system.

But, no.

It was just the symbol for long division. Something I had long, long forgotten. Derp.

Beyond any of that, I think its a great educational tool. If I had it while I was in school, it would have been an entirely different experience for me. Once I "recovered" from being humbled, I remembered again how amazing it feels to be learning something new. Even if its just facets of what I already knew, or re-introduction of topics I had forgotten.

I really think that once someone can understand all of the math (and science) topics on that website, they are well equipped to jump into more advanced discussions, and better yet, possibly contribute new things to them!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Phage
Anyone think that would be good idea? I mean, there are a lot of people that think that simple genetic modification is pretty dreadful. Should we fiddle with the gravitational constant?

Who's to say we are not already doing that by shear ignorance of our current technologies?

I think if this did prove out it would be very helpful.

Either way I like your questioning on this one Phage.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I think it is basically saying that our universe is built out of multiple dimensions, or universes, in that some qualities come from one dimension, and other qualities from another dimension.

That's the trouble with mixing up the theosophist (new age) "definition" of dimension with the mathematical definition. Since string "theory" is a purely mathematically construct that is a big problem.

A dimension is not a universe. Is length a universe? Is width a universe? That is what dimensions are. String "theory" likes to use 9 of them instead of the three we deal with directly. Math can be fun that way.

And, BTW, a hologram is produced with a single light source.

edit on 12/19/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

LoL !

Next you are going to try and tell me you aren't a vector!

PS
In regards to why strings?

Well if you know your power series and imaginary numbers you find that the functions which define oscillations ( ie vibrating strings or VOCAL CORDS . . . lol have to poke OP in the ribs for this one since he hates Christianity with such vigor) are the same as power series which should NOT be describing these sorts of motion. OP if you want to really start understanding string theory you will need to take some very difficult math courses. Math is the reason why so many different particles and "anti-particles" were/are ever thought to have existed.

Needless to say you likely wont view the world the same ever again if you are managing to make it through them.
edit on 20-12-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

PSS
If you are going to review your calculus with khanacademy I would also recommend WolframAlpha for further explanations as well as to play around with integration and differentiation of some funky formulas to see how they interact with each other.

www.wolframalpha.com...

-FBB
edit on 20-12-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 202

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Bone75

I think the implications are pretty obvious. If this is all just one big hologram or simulation, then there is indeed a creator behind it all. It also makes the existence of a Heaven and a Hell far more likely... does it not?

YEP!
Real bummer for atheists though.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If the universe is a hologram, where does the hologram originate?
As far as we're concerned, everywhere. Or nowhere, depending on how you look at it.

Where is the projector?
In strict terms, a hologram is not a projection and requires no projector. It is a collection of interference patterns. As pointed out here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Explained in some depth here: www.holography.ru...

According to the theory, the Universe is the result of interference patterns in "strings" which extend into 9 dimensions. Spatial dimensions (length, width, depth...an six more), not woo dimensions.

edit on 12/20/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Funny how those stating it must be god ignore that the leading minds in the field do not say that. Oh well its confusing there will be plenty of people who wll take advantage of that especialy the ones who do not understand it themselves the vid below explains.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Grimpachi
Funny how those stating it must be god ignore that the leading minds in the field do not say that. Oh well its confusing there will be plenty of people who wll take advantage of that especialy the ones who do not understand it themselves the vid below explains.

Number four on their list is total and complete BULLSHTT. All of science misappropriates terms for use in their own specialized field.

Evidence of this can be seen in my previous post in this thread concerning vectors (phage - biology or mathematics)

Or power series, power does not mean the same in physics as it does in mathematics.

I would strongly recommend avoiding trying to learn much of anything from a group called the CON academy, especially if they were serious about thanking you for purchasing their product. I sure hope that was a joke but was so unimpressed by their talk I didn't bother to investigate further.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

You honestly didn't get it did you. It went right over your head.LOL

That's funny.

All the Guru's here claiming it means god can't tell when the vid is describing them. Priceless.

edit

Anyway I am off to refresh on my math skills for a while. I am sure there will be some flame when I get back.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

BlueMule

Oh, it's all on topic. Someday, you'll see that. In the meantime, feel free to make snarky worthless posts like that. It doesn't bother me. Heck I probably would be a snarky jerk too, if I was watching my scientistic worldview go down the drain.

I see Phage is not the only one who can write snarky posts. The issue is, I think, that your posts remind me of someone who "contributes" by writing down various quotes from the Bible, one after the other, thinking somehow that this sheds enlightenment on the subject. They don't mean much unless you can provide some context, showing how these quotes you've found pertain to the subject at hand. Instead, most of the quotes simply provide new and strange names to stuff that do not provide any meaningful information. It's not clear that you understand them yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join