It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty, African Americans were happier under Jim Crow laws

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaleesi

i bet some germans said the same thing about the jews.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaleesi

"before civil rights" era would be before 1963. Big Creek, Mississippi. My mother felt guilty all her life because she made the mistake of befriending a black man in the 1940's and he was hung for it. Yeah, so as with all things, I guess it's what side of the tracks you were born.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
we went to dinner a bit ago with some friends and were laughing about this whole thing. A&E or whatever it is are screwed no matter what the ducks are and the winners . Did most people hear what he said or did they hear what someone said he said. Just like this mess Jim Crow wasn't mentioned but what the heck pull the race card. I hope A&E implode after this season. By the way I don't have a TV so I can even watch the show. REDNECKS RULE isn't reality great!! I wonder what the next name will be after africian americans ,
edit on 23-12-2013 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

i don't know why you or others even bother trying to convince people who repeatedly refuse to admit their ignorance and listen to the reality, their mind was made up as soon as they posted and the truth doesn't matter.

one reason i rarely ever post on these kind of threads because most such people don't discuss anything, they declare truth and repeat that truth over and over and refuse to actually converse, they're never wrong and they never concede any point where they were mistaken. maybe some of them will but sadly that seems to be the minority these days on this site.

southern white people are just all racist, homophobic, inbred, trailer trash who deny the truth of the past and refuse to accept how horrible they and all their ancestors were, they never suffered anything nor have they been mistreated or anything bad, what they say are all lies.
*sarcasm*

whatever but continue on if you think it will help, i mean it's not my time to waste and all i suppose.
edit on 23-12-2013 by namehere because: just incase some don't grasp my sarcastic remark for what it is.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by namehere

Thats kind of the rub, now isnt it? It is racist to discriminate on skin color, but there is no word for when one discriminates against another because they are on the wrong side of the Mason Dixon.

And it isn't like people feel superior only due to the state they live in. On ATS, apparently, no one has ever even seen a television. But they all feel qualified to weigh in on this man's character.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

southern white people are just all racist, homophobic, inbred, trailer trash

What a stupid statement. I know racist northerners, so does that mean northerners are all racists? I bet there are some with little education also.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by Logarock

I did not know there were cotton fields in the North.

How about any number of shared work environments were whites and black work together.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I think I will end this by saying. You know nothing about true pre-civil rights southern culture. Neither does that player Phil Robertson.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Ok. I gave you a star for that. But must also say that I was alive post civil rights era. Lived in a neighborhood that was racial divided by a street running down the middle, but we all went to the same school. Later lived in an area that was 98% black and most of those migrants from the south 1st and 2nd generation. My own parents were from the south, not deep south, we visited often enough.

I had the rare opportunity in the service to observe the manners and attitudes of both southern and northern whites and blacks in an environment that allowed for easily seen and heard contrast of all. I have to say that northerners of both races were far more prejudice and racist than the southerners.

I have seen a great deal of racism coming from all directions and in a great many different setting. The only person to ever call me a honkey was a white man. lol. But have been called a cracker on any number of occasions.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

TinfoilTP
What's scary is that there are fully funded groups out there with the sole purpose of silencing americans for expressing their rights to free speech. This is a perfect example of this act in progress.

Can't have no hillbilly telling the sheeple stuff.

hell no.

can't have that subversiveness.

so if phil was quoting the bible and people didn't like what he SAID, what's the difference if the shreekers just read it?

would they claw their brains out? or try to get the bible banned?

edit on 31173612931am2013 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by namehere

Thats kind of the rub, now isnt it? It is racist to discriminate on skin color, but there is no word for when one discriminates against another because they are on the wrong side of the Mason Dixon.

And it isn't like people feel superior only due to the state they live in. On ATS, apparently, no one has ever even seen a television. But they all feel qualified to weigh in on this man's character.

100 virtual bucks, most of the people here have no idea where the mason dixon line is.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Why are people racist?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

On ATS, apparently, no one has ever even seen a television

LOL, so funny

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

spartacus699
Why are people racist?

I bet you can tell us.

Why do you dislike gays so much that 90% of your posts in gay related threads get removed for serious TAC violations?

Bigotry is bigotry. So don't feel too superior.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

FEAR. The mentality "a gain for you=a loss for me". POWER. To overcome the fear.

We have become a nation of fearful humans and afraid to solve problems. It is easier to HATE.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I'm a white guy in a minority world. The whites are being replaced and outpaced by most of the minorities. it's true. But eventually we'll all be brown anyway. I'm not racist. The you es has nothing on canada in terms of multiculturism. We're a big big mix and people grow up without that racism here, that we see so much in the you es. As for gays ya I can't stand them I'm glad my city is very redneck.

edit on 25-12-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

People throw that race card around, I live in the inner city and truthfully don't see it, never have .

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

My comments had nothing to do with you being racist or not. I was commenting on how you pick and choose what you will be tolerant of.

As it regards racism, I rarely see it. I typically only put myself i the company of a type of person who would not behave in that manner.

Regardless, there is no difference between disliking gays in general and racism. Its the same thing, except with a different target.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I dont' think so because I don't believe you're born gay, your race you can't choose.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

spartacus699

I dont' think so because I don't believe you're born gay, your race you can't choose.

You are willing to denigrate another human because of your belief? I thought belief was religious....

You DO realize that belief that sexuality is a choice is an admission of homosexual feelings, right? I think you are born into sexuality because I could not have homosexual sex. But to believe that one could simply choose to be homosexual indicates a viewpoint that already has homosexual proclivities.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join