It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Advertising - My last 2 cents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Since I wasn't able to participate in the thread I created yesterday (ATS Advertising) before it was closed, I just wanted to add my 2 cents. Last post in previous thread:

Don't visit sketchy sites that load malware into your browser's favorites or recently visited cache... Problem solved.

Thread closed.

Springer - I am an experienced web application developer. I have never run any anti-virus, pop blockers etc. and never had a virus. I know what I should visit or click on and what to avoid. My point wasn't that I was afraid of getting some malware, my point was that these issues are taking away from my ATS experience.

Twice since I just logged on to post this thread - the entire frame was completely redirected from abovetopsecret.com to this:

I don't mind the side banners that direct advertising to my browsing habits, but if your 'ads' are completely taking your visitors/members away from your website to theirs, I think that is something you should be concerned about. Especially when (like in the link above) it really isn't trying to sell you anything. It just seems to be some unverified source of an sketchy java update. So why would an advertiser pay you to link to download a free java update? Just a friendly public service? Doubt it.

I just think that you need visitors/members to visit here to get the clicks, to generate the revenue. But if those ads are taking away from the experience, you may end up losing visitors/members, therefore less clicks and less revenue. I'm sure it is a tricky balancing act but I think ATS can stand on its own and make some demands from your ad sources that this type of advertising is not acceptable.

Now that you have my two cents, feel free to close the thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Everybody together now,

3 2 1....

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i have the same java update on my screen

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I also get redirected often enough and only on this site, I find it very annoying and my tablet is free from viruses etc...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There is advertising on this site? Huh go figure, I had no idea.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Admin Response.

The thread was closed as the questions and concerns of the membership were addressed by Admin and Owners.

Now that you have my two cents, feel free to close the thread.

Indeed.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join