It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Lights and Explosions Rock Kentucky County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Emergency crews investigate reports of loud explosions in Montgomery County

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - Emergency crews say they received multiple calls Wednesday night from people claiming to have heard some sort of explosion.

Around 9:00 last night, dozens of calls started to come into the 911 center, reporting loud noises. Others reported seeing bright lights. The sheriff's office says most of the calls came in from the Jeffersonville area.

Montgomery County Sheriff's deputies spent Wednesday night searching for a cause, but found nothing. Authorities checked with local pipeline companies, who reported having no issues. Emergency management officials say there was no earthquake activity in the region.

"Right now it's unexplained. I know there's been some national news stories about meteors causing loud booms and lights. So I'm actually going to do some follow up this morning and see if that might be a potential cause," said Wesley Delk, the Montgomery County Emergency Management Director.

As of 11:30 p.m., they said they hadn't found anything out of the ordinary around Jeffersonville.

Source

Thought I would post this, my apologies if it has been.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Are there any bases nearby there? Wonder if a manufacturing plant of some sort went up. Will check the EQ threads to see if those have anything listed for that time frame.....

Or maybe THEIR HEEEEEERRRRRRRREEEE

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Bet it is related to this older ATS story....same area and similar circumstances

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Interesting. Yet another reason I should have searched to see if had been posted as I didn't know about the 2011 story.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Several folks heard it. And heard in two neighboring counties in the same general area. They come together close by. I have a friend in dispatch in Montgomery county, he says unexplainable. Chalk this one up there with all the others from the past year or so.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Sounds to me like a meteor strike. We have seen recently there are those we miss and don't see coming. Made worse by taking the space fence down, begs to ask why. Did they take it down on purpose because they knew something was or is coming.

Like to bring something else up that tracks with this, has anyone noticed the sky seems a bit off. I go out with binos every night to look around for a bit. I have noticed the moon looks different, as do the stars and planets. Night before last my family watched object for an hour that was amazing. We thought surely it was a planet but it sparkled red or pinkish, blue and green in a rotating manner.

Unlike anything else in the sky and was there for very long time. Last night I went to look for it at the same time. The moon seemed different, and this planet or object was gone. I checked throughout the night and could not find it. I am in the south and it was in the low east to southeastern sky, did anyone else see this. And is anyone else noticing the moon and sky appear different.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Word is this was in fact gaslines. They located them roaring this evening. At a four way on Sciencehil rd.l Having difficulty getting shut down. This area, 4 county, area is notorious for gas line breaks.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Take a minute a read this very interesting account especially how they relate to the big New Madras EQ of the 1800"s.

On a side note just saw the local news media making fun of the 2 thousand or so people who reported mysterious lights and loud booms a few days ago here in Missouri. In a simple google search it is astounding how many hits you get for this phenomenon.

Anyway this link is really informative and adds to the doom of it all:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well this is a different situation, date and time right? Could be a harbinger of some serious geological events ready to happen. Connected to sink holes maybe? They seem to spring up around the same areas. This earth holds so many mysteries and we know so little about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I noticed that some people were describing the even as shaking their houses, which would indicate a minor tremor, but it seems like they ruled that out if I remember correctly. Then again, as you say, the world is so full of mysteries. I wonder if any radar data from that time might happen to indicate a meteor. I've heard that they sometimes show up as a false positive for precipitation sometimes.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I'm kind of leaning the way of a small meteor as well. Especially since many of the 911 calls were about bright flashes of light. I remember reading that the Russian strike actually caused a great number of "sunburn" to many witnesses.

It's wild to think about when the flashes last just a small amount of a second.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Divine Strake
reply to post by dlbott

I'm kind of leaning the way of a small meteor as well. Especially since many of the 911 calls were about bright flashes of light. I remember reading that the Russian strike actually caused a great number of "sunburn" to many witnesses.

It's wild to think about when the flashes last just a small amount of a second.

Yes some of the Russian witnesses spoke of intense heat. I think there are many strange things occurring around the world, including strange rumblings, explosive type noises, weird lights and light phenomenon etc etc. I am not an astronomer but I have noticed strange things in the sky and can swear the aspect has changed.

The track of the stars and moon seem to have jumped several rotations if that makes sense. It is hard to put in words what I am seeing or not, if you know what I mean. Maybe it is just my perception, but my whole family saw what we thought was a planet two nights ago that flashed reddish pink, blue, green, red in rotating manner. We watched for hour or so and now it is gone.

Very strange.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

That's cool, as astronomy was once a second language for me when I was younger. Yes, what amazes me are the videos that have strange sounds seemingly coming from the skies. In fact, at about 5 this morning I was sure I heard it, and ran outside with my camera only to discover a street sweeper.

Living within the limits of a city has made it difficult to even try to get a glimpse of Ison, yet, what I love about astronomy is that when all other places in life change, those skies are still the same welcoming realm to which I routinely escaped nearly every night as a kid. I still remember my first telescope. My parents bought it for $15 used, and it was by far the best gift they'd ever given me.

Now that I think about it, I don't even know if there's enough left of Ison to even make for a worthy observation.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

From the link I sent you the USGS denies it is from Meteors or other conspiracy related things but then if USGS cant find the answers to this then who? ATS could practically have a forum all its own for the anomaly.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Good point, maybe you should suggest that to ATS. I had trouble finding out just what forum in which to post this anyway. Seems as though enough is occurring to justify a more defined forum such a topic.

Something like Earth Anomalies or something broad enough to post about strange sounds in the skies. Actually, it might be a research topic on which we could collaborate? What do you think?

Maybe we could also work with Vasa Crow.
edit on 12 20 2013 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join