It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashing at a young age

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

danielsil18
I found a video that shows kids being taught that dinosaurs coexisted with humans thousands of years ago, kids are being brainwashed to not accept science.

I find it disgusting to be honest. Why would you teach kids that:

- The Earth was created in six days, 6000 years ago.
- Dinosaurs were created on the 6th day.
- Everything the bible says is true.
- Evolution is an idea.
- The bible is the history book of the universe.
- To trust god ahead of a scientist.

Then in a PowerPoint slide it says: God said it, I believe it, that settles it!

Here is the video:

To me this kids are being brainwashed. Basically telling them not to trust science and that dinosaurs were alive a few thousand years ago is absurd.

Let's also not bring carbon dating since there are many ways to test the age of the Earth and fossils and they all correlate in their dates.

Evolution is so flawed that it can't be accepted by the reasonable mind.

The Bible does not say anywhere that the Earth is 6,000 years old. In fact, when the genesis began the Earth was already here. Or else how could you have a morning and a night and a first day without the rotation of the earth.

Brainwashing is what evolutionists do. First they themselves and then your children.

edit on 16-1-2014 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I agree that exaggeration is largest factor for all myths and later so called folklore tales. To make a story more memorable, it had to have something extraordinary, and thus you have all those fighters with tales of super heroes. But there is also lots of imagination in human nature, and added creativity to story helped IMHO for story/myth to survive. Add to this that even science will filter lots of myths/stories in the order to make it more acceptable for audience.

For example, Egyptian had a story about origin of universe, stars and world, but because of sexual elements of the story, we can't find that story in books or literature today.

Thank you for link about elephant bird. Very interesting, and sad story. I would hope that there might be some genetic material and similarity with some of living organism to bring this species back to life. Wonder if this birds might be danger to humans, my guess that they were.

Fromabove

Please point those flaws.

Fromabove
The Bible does not say anywhere that the Earth is 6,000 years old. In fact, when the genesis began the Earth was already here. Or else how could you have a morning and a night and a first day without the rotation of the earth.

Are you saying that earth was not created by God? I believe there is exact number of generations from first people to some later mentioned, that points to exact age of human kind, as well all species and life on the earth. That would place it somewhere around 6 thousands year back in time, while we have evidence of human race being much older.

Fromabove
Brainwashing is what evolutionists do. First they themselves and then your children.

You are mixing words - word you forgot and is unknown to your - education. We are educating our children and teaching them to think for them self. Teaching them to question everything.
edit on 16-1-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

We are taught in schools to learn things that lie along a certain path. I questioned things when I was in school and was blown off or ridiculed by the teacher. Many of the things I brought up have been since proven to be true.

School causes suppression of intelligence, promoting memorizing of things and principles as important. This keeps us bound to the path, creativity in music is not even tolerated, they teach you to play what others create. It is like painting a paint by numbers set.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

rickymouse

We are taught in schools to learn things that lie along a certain path. I questioned things when I was in school and was blown off or ridiculed by the teacher. Many of the things I brought up have been since proven to be true.

What things, when was that and who was teacher?
It is possible that you had poor teachers who did not know for better, but if you give us couple of examples, we might find out why they answered the way they did.

rickymouse
School causes suppression of intelligence, promoting memorizing of things and principles as important. This keeps us bound to the path, creativity in music is not even tolerated, they teach you to play what others create. It is like painting a paint by numbers set.

Not all schools are the same, and today many work on promoting greater creativity within school and school plans. You have to keep in mind that constant political games in this country (I am speaking for USA) and lately request for a way to be able to evaluate teacher from politician are not helping neither students nor teachers. I just wish we can do the same and evaluate politicians, I am sure we would need new Senate and Congress members, all of them.

My wife is working in education, and I know of many obstacles they face in every day work, but I can tell, comparison to my education, this is huge improvement.

Here is great video with question - do schools kill creativity?

edit on 16-1-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

If your wife is in education, ask her if she agrees with the new changes they have implemented in the way they have to teach lately, especially having to train the kids to pass certain tests. I know about four teachers, they aren't really too enthused about this new way.
edit on 16-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

rickymouse

If your wife is in education, ask her if she agrees with the new changes they have implemented in the way they have to teach lately, especially having to train the kids to pass certain tests. I know about four teachers, they aren't really too enthused about this new way.

Not sure what are you talking about. Giving kids result would be cheating and not educating.

Can you please provide examples for your earlier claim about education?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Fromabove

danielsil18
I found a video that shows kids being taught that dinosaurs coexisted with humans thousands of years ago, kids are being brainwashed to not accept science.

I find it disgusting to be honest. Why would you teach kids that:

- The Earth was created in six days, 6000 years ago.
- Dinosaurs were created on the 6th day.
- Everything the bible says is true.
- Evolution is an idea.
- The bible is the history book of the universe.
- To trust god ahead of a scientist.

Then in a PowerPoint slide it says: God said it, I believe it, that settles it!

Here is the video:

To me this kids are being brainwashed. Basically telling them not to trust science and that dinosaurs were alive a few thousand years ago is absurd.

Let's also not bring carbon dating since there are many ways to test the age of the Earth and fossils and they all correlate in their dates.

This post is funny. First you say that evolution is flawed and cannot be accepted by a reasonable mind (I guess the majority of scientists out there who are far smarter than you or I don't have reasonable minds, good to know). First lol.

Then you proceed to show ignorance of what is in the bible. For instance, the 6000 year figure isn't directly from the bible, but by tracing the direct descendent's of the people in the bible (which are mentioned), one can arrive at the 6000 years. It's not like scientists made up that number, it comes from the religious camp. Second lol.

Third, you produce even MORE ignorance of the bible by suggesting that it implies that the earth was already here, despite Genesis disagreeing with you.

1 In the beginning, when God created the universe, 2 the earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the Spirit of God was moving over the water. 3 Then God commanded, “Let there be light”—and light appeared. 4 God was pleased with what he saw. Then he separated the light from the darkness, 5 and he named the light “Day” and the darkness “Night.” Evening passed and morning came—that was the first day.

6-7 Then God commanded, “Let there be a dome to divide the water and to keep it in two separate places”—and it was done. So God made a dome, and it separated the water under it from the water above it. 8 He named the dome “Sky.” Evening passed and morning came—that was the second day.

9 Then God commanded, “Let the water below the sky come together in one place, so that the land will appear”—and it was done. 10 He named the land “Earth,” and the water which had come together he named “Sea.” And God was pleased with what he saw. 11 Then he commanded, “Let the earth produce all kinds of plants, those that bear grain and those that bear fruit”—and it was done. 12 So the earth produced all kinds of plants, and God was pleased with what he saw. 13 Evening passed and morning came—that was the third day. (GNT Genesis 1:1-13)

Third lol.

Fourth, you point out flaws in the Genesis account as some sort of proof of these claims you make about the bible, when in fact you should be using those flaws to discredit the Creation account, not make up some alternate explanation that makes sense. Fourth lol.

Finally, we look at the whole post. You say that Evolution is flawed and then proceed to discredit Creationism. Final lol.

Please tell me you weren't serious with any of this post. I mean I'm agnostic and apparently know more about your side of the argument than you do. Maybe you should go back to Sunday school and attend more of Christianity's brainwashing lectures.
edit on 17-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

SuperFrog

rickymouse

Not sure what are you talking about. Giving kids result would be cheating and not educating.

Can you please provide examples for your earlier claim about education?

Thanks!

He's referring to standardized testing and the need for some schools to halt their lesson plans at one point in the year and actually TEACH the test. By this, I mean that they give the children the answers to the tests so that the school can get higher scores and more funding. This usually occurs in the urban schools were the children can be a bit wilder and less attentive. It is a HUGE problem in Baltimore, that is why I am aware of it.

Problems With Standardized Testing

Teachers are “teaching to the test.”

A study by the National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing found that teachers have started planning their curricula around state tests. This phenomenon is called “teaching to the test,” which can entail teaching only material that will be seen on tests or simply teaching test-taking skills. Opponents of high-stakes testing claim that with tests at the center of a year's curriculum, teachers lose some of the dynamism and creativity that makes school effective and enjoyable—that there is no value placed on concepts and hands-on projects that require a greater challenge than what can be tested in a multiple-choice format.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
He's referring to standardized testing and the need for some schools to halt their lesson plans at one point in the year and actually TEACH the test. By this, I mean that they give the children the answers to the tests so that the school can get higher scores and more funding. This usually occurs in the urban schools were the children can be a bit wilder and less attentive. It is a HUGE problem in Baltimore, that is why I am aware of it.

Problems With Standardized Testing

Teachers are “teaching to the test.”

A study by the National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing found that teachers have started planning their curricula around state tests. This phenomenon is called “teaching to the test,” which can entail teaching only material that will be seen on tests or simply teaching test-taking skills. Opponents of high-stakes testing claim that with tests at the center of a year's curriculum, teachers lose some of the dynamism and creativity that makes school effective and enjoyable—that there is no value placed on concepts and hands-on projects that require a greater challenge than what can be tested in a multiple-choice format.

Oh, I see. I remember hearing something on NPR about it, but had no idea that this was that much spread.

Level grade my wife teaches is way bellow this kind of tests. (second grade)

This is part where politics mix with schools as well try by many to measure something that is intangible. Every year is different as you don't know what kind of students you will get, how many of them will require additional help and how many of them are already ahead of material thanks to work at home.

As far as I know, there is no problem like that here.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Ask your wife about this, it is going on in the second grade already. It probably frustrates her. I never used to pay attention to what the wife said, I was interested in guy stuff. I learned to listen to women now and even the kids. I was trying to understand the frustration my granddaughter had when she was living with us and noticed the textbooks had changed. You just looked back in the textbooks and basicly copy and pasted an answer fitting the perception of the writer of the book to get the answer correct. I confronted the teacher at the school at a teacher conference and she poured out her disgust in the new methods. They are training all kids to think the same as the writers of the books. Teachers need to present different outlooks on things. The education was starting to get better and then it seems like it got messed up. Teachers just get used to a system and they change it because the system never got a chance to even work yet. It must be frustrating being a teacher and seeing this happening every day. How can a teacher teach their kids when the busybodies above keep messing with their teaching. It takes a couple of years to properly learn to teach a new way but the idiots running the system keep changing things and the teachers never get totally acclimated to it.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
In Finland doctors, teachers and other educators are treated like social heroes with the utmost respect (like rich people are in the US), but in the US and elsewhere in the western world they're underpaid, overworked and still treated like leeches feeding off the precious 'tax payers dollars'.

It's a social problem IMO, and we should all take note.....

How the Finish school system outshines US education

edit on 17-1-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Fromabove

In my opinion what the bible actually teaches about the situation on the earth in genesis is something not even most bible scholars want to mess with. Certainly not the evolutionist.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Logarock

Fromabove

In my opinion what the bible actually teaches about the situation on the earth in genesis is something not even most bible scholars want to mess with. Certainly not the evolutionist.

That's because it's just your opinion, man

and why should anyone care about your mere opinion?
edit on 17-1-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Prezbo369
That's because it's just your opinion, man

and why should anyone care about your mere opinion?

How about Father George Coyne Ph.D - should anyone care about his opinion?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

rickymouse
Either way, the person using scientific techniques to evaluate their age did not take into consideration that someone had to see a dinosaur to make a picture of a dinosaur.

Generally, mr mouse, I find your posts informed & well written, but with this ridiculous statement you have negated all fiction works.

You wouldn't insist that sully (monsters inc) was real, and that the fact that there was a picture of him in existence proved it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join