It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashing at a young age

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

tsingtao
that is not evolution.
it's adaptation.

did the tibetians evolve into sherpa's?

show me a tibetian that turned into a butterfly.

I guess this is adaptation as well: T. Rex Related to Chickens.

I know, creator works in mysterious ways...

Nah, Tibetans evolved from our primate ancestors just the same as you did. They did adopt to air and pressure, but still we all have the same origins. Give it more time, they will change more. Remember, 200 thousands of years of modern man is small blink for evolution and earth's history.

I am glad that you at least see that evolution is still happening... we are living it. Great wok!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

tsingtao
show me a tibetian that turned into a butterfly.

Lol.

Said in jest, sarcasm surely?

If not, amazing stuff.

edit on 13-1-2014 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My son is a 6th grader. He told me he starts learning about Christianity tomorrow. He goes to a public school and I have no problem with this but was surprised. No Christmas songs about Christmas' main purpose but teaching about religious figures. It's a part of his social studies class and is appropriate for either history or SS in my opinion. I asked him what he's learned so far:

His words are in quotes:
"Judism - lots of statues is all I remember"
"We learned about Moses and that one guy who wanted to sacrifice his son but an angel came and made him change his mind...Isaiah? I can't remember."

He went on to name some more names from the old testement..."his name starts with an "S" - Solomon? I can't remember." I asked him what he knows about them and he said, "I don't know - just who they were and what they did". All of this tells me it is a discussion and not something they have to comit to memory (if he has to remember he does).

He then said they learned some quotes from Jesus. "My teacher taught us that Jesus said 'love thy neighbor' and asked us what we thought it meant". I asked what the kids' answers were "well it means to love each other and be kind - oviously". "She also taught us some other things Jesus said...." we got distracted so didn't get into it anymore).

I am curious to see where this goes only because I'm impressed a school is seeing it as a huge part of how cultures are made up and therefore see it as relevant to teach. I hope they also get around to teaching some facts about other texts but understand that may come later down the road.

I'm equally ok with a science teacher in the next period class who teaches about evolution. Now this guy isn't teaching some facts only but is saying "it is how it is and there is no disputing it". That's alright.

All of it is a part of the world in which he lives. A huge part. Therefore I think it's relevant. Teaching only one or the other - probably not so good since prior knowledge does affect what we integrate later. But all of that is influenced by their parents and others who clarify.

I also asked if they said the pledge of allegiance. His answer was, "duh - every Tuesday".

The public schools are definitely shifting (again).

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

SuperFrog

I am glad that you at least see that evolution is still happening... we are living it. Great wok!

Yea sure, man is evolving while ever devolving. From sticks and stones ever downward into nuclear weapons.

Just take the modern world and imagine it even more 'evolved' and it shouldn't surprise anyone that it had to be destroyed once.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Logarock

SuperFrog

Yea sure, man is evolving while ever devolving. From sticks and stones ever downward into nuclear weapons.

Just take the modern world and imagine it even more 'evolved' and it shouldn't surprise anyone that it had to be destroyed once.

Well,

our progress is a bit different kind of evolution, but our human body is changing, and we humans are trying to make change to have our body support longer, easier and healthier life.

Will constant use of electronics change our eyes and will we stay fit and mobile, despite huge problem in USA (and some other parts of the world) with obesity?

How human brain will change with huge change in amount of information we receive. Just comparison, 200 years ago most information could be obtained by books (if you knew how to read) and it was slow, long process. Oral tradition was in large par of the world, that is about it. Today in one day you can obtain more information by watching couple of movies, watching couple of documentaries or just listening to books.

Now, getting all info possible in many cases invalidates many claims made by bible and those proposing literal understanding of bible. Imagine all those kids unwilling to accept that earth had multiple cataclysmic events much before first human evolved on earth. Will they be prepared for next one, and will they take it as god given gift (and accent into their belief) or will they try to survive and save human race?

edit on 14-1-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Not everyone is a critical thinker. Remember half the world is below the average IQ level. So if one of these people grows up being told things like this, they will continue to believe it in adulthood no matter what evidence is thrown in their face to the contrary. If they have access to the internet, there are plenty of sites that will acquiesce to their beliefs, like this one: Answers in Genesis

I strongly disagree with your statement(s). Most cases IQ has very little to do with it.
Many people who go to college come out brain washed as well.
Also I have made an observation over the last 40 years or so....... I have noticed that those who worry about IQ or think theirs is extraordinary usually are the most gullible and lacking a fair amount of common sense.
Take some of the findings from half sigma.
www.halfsigma.com...
There are more people of "low IQ" who do not believe in evolution.
But those who do not believe and have a higher IQ make a fair amount more money than those who believe.
Why is that?
Quad
edit on 14-1-2014 by Quadrivium because: link

edit on 14-1-2014 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

rickymouse
Either dinosaurs existed with humans a few thousand years ago or the structures with dinosaurs carved of stone on them are a lot older than they are supposed to be.

Or... third possibility here, just throwing this out there -

They are misrepresented, misinterpreted and missappropriated and in many cases outright hoaxed by deluded true believers, dishonest charlitans and pious frauds.
edit on RAmerica/Chicago31000000Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:20:16 -06001-0600fCST04 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: I just like to see the edit message at the end of every post

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Or possibility 4 is that as the farmer who was supposed to have found the Ica Stones faked the stones just like he admitted and that Dr. Cabrera is in on the scam. You can still go to Peru and buy your very own Ica stones. This
Is because they are also recently created forgeries. If they were real the Peruvian govt. would be all over them and stop the sales.
ETA i must need glasses because
You addressed hoaxing in your post.
edit on 14-1-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

peter vlar

Or possibility 4 is that as the farmer who was supposed to have found the Ica Stones faked the stones just like he admitted and that Dr. Cabrera is in on the scam. You can still go to Peru and buy your very own Ica stones. This
Is because they are also recently created forgeries. If they were real the Peruvian govt. would be all over them and stop the sales.

What about the CT scans of the Delk track as well as other dino tracks found with human tracks in solid rock?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Quadrivium

peter vlar

What about the CT scans of the Delk track as well as other dino tracks found with human tracks in solid rock?

Do you mean these ?

Metatarsal dinosaur tracks, erosional features, and carvings. The largest number of "man tracks" are forms of elongate, metatarsal dinosaur tracks, made by bipedal dinosaurs that sometimes impressed their metatarsi (heels and soles) as they walked. When the digit impressions of such tracks are subdued by mud-backflow or secondary infilling, a somewhat human shape often results. Other alleged "man tracks" including purely erosional features (often selectively highlighted to encourage human shapes), indistinct marks of undertain origin, and a smaller number of doctored and carved tracks (most of the latter occurring on loose blocks of rock).

As for the CT scan of the Delk prints, nobody ever likes to talk about the fact that the CT used on them was designed for seeing soft tissue only and was nowhere near powerful enough to see distinctive features in sandstone.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

And your thoughts on these?
www.dinosaurc14ages.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I've seen pictures of a dinosaur on an ancient structure. It sure looks like a dinosaur. It pretty much matches what scientists have recreated of a Stegosaurus. Now I am not aware of any animal that looks like that.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
brainwashing. Why complain about it? it doesn't take much, and you have to realize, EVERYONE on the planet is already there! I don't mind. It helps me get over the fact that i'm just an angry monkey with so much potential that it's off the hook, the fact that i live in an entire Universe tha is as far as I know, empty. the fact that I;m designed to take care of my fellow monekys, but through some sight of hand, and something called "religion" I'm still hung up on stupid things, like politics, and nationalism, and crappy cable TV !
brainwashing. if we didn't have it, we'd be on our way to the stars right now! (i'm talking actual spaceships with people in them, not some stupid mars robot)
oh well, i fianlly woke up, felt the pain, and am entirely thankful for something called "glen fiddich" and chicken wings. I know my grandkids will do better! that's what "genetic engineering" is all about. Creationsism is exactly the same as quantum physics. Both are perfect examples of wishful thinking based on absolutley nothing tangible! anyhow, time for more glen fiddich and chicken wings !

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

It's a little trick that people lke obama and bush use. it goes like this. watch what my right hand is doing! watch what my right hand is doing, watch what my right hand is doing watch ..... gets 'em every time! anyway. if dino's and humans both lived at the same time? have to feel sorry for the dino's !

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

rickymouse

I've seen pictures of a dinosaur on an ancient structure. It sure looks like a dinosaur. It pretty much matches what scientists have recreated of a Stegosaurus. Now I am not aware of any animal that looks like that.

Do you mean this one? -

Stegosaur is just one interpretation. See here - www.paleo.cc...

There are problems with this interpretation, even aside from extensive evidence that humans did not appear on earth until at least 60 million years after non-avian dinosaurs* went extinct. First, the image in question differs in several significant ways from actual stegosaurs. Second, the main evidence for the Stegosaurus interpretation consists of a row of lobes along the back of the carving animal. Although superficially resembling the bony back plates of stegosaurs, there are a number of alternate explanations, including the possibility that they merely represent background vegetation or decorative flourishes, similar to many others on and around other carvings on the temple. The lobes may also represent exaggerated dorsal spines of a chameleon or other lizard. When all features and factors are considered, the carving is at least as compatible with a rhinoceros or chameleon as a stegosaur. Moreover, even if it represents a stegosaur, the carving could have been based on fossil remains rather than the artist seeing a live stegosaur.

ETA - Looking at a stegosaur I don't think it's the best fit for that carving, really. Head is much smaller, plates vary from small to large and the front legs are much smaller than the back, large spikes on tail - all not present in the carving.

Chameleon seems the best fit. It even has the googley eye. Even the rhino idea works if you interpret the 'plates' as background (there are examples of background pieces behind animals in other parts of the same carving).
edit on RAmerica/Chicago31uTue, 14 Jan 2014 23:43:51 -06001-0600fCST11 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Because moar

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well, in millions of years a stegosaur would have evolved into something else. It may be the forerunner of the pig. There could have been some pigs around that had properties of a stegosaur.

I think that maybe the dinosaurs did not really go extinct all together, they could have evolved multiple times to some critters we have today. We could be a mutated raptor of some kind ourselves. We do share seventy five percent of our genome with dinosaurs after all. Although I do not believe all of the theory of evolution, I do believe much of it. The flaws it seems to have make the whole theory wrong to me. When you cut the truth to make it fit into society or allow someone to interpret only the evidence that fits their theory, than the theory is wrong.

Did the dinosaurs go extinct or did they just shrink and mutate into another being. I don't think the chicken is the only relative myself. Just because the chicken and turkey can grow very fast doesn't mean that other animals did not have this ability once.Crocs go back millions of years, even hominoids go back half a million or more that they are sure of. The only reason that science says no dinosaurs were not around two thousand years ago is because there is no evidence YET, that is all that they say. Technically this critter on the wall may not have been what we consider a dinosaur today, but it may have existed. The chinese will eat dinosaur bones, making soup out of them. The ancient writings all over the world talk of eating the heart of a dragon to gain imortality. If you killed a dragon, I am sure it would have been all eaten, even the bones would have been turned into something. No evidence would exist. I know if someone killed a dragon here, the hunters would be flocking around for a piece of meat. Do you think I would give it to the Smithsonian when I could be eating dragon
Even the cops around here would be trying a rare meat that most people would never get a chance to eat. Maybe after all the meat was gone and the bones were boiled, the bare skull could be given to them with pictures. I bet dragon head would make great headcheese.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You should try and find out a bit more about evolutionary theory, as you are getting a lot of stuff wrong.

I find that, in general, most people who have objections to it do not understand it, or do not understand part of it.

The stegosaur, could never be the fore=runner of the pig, since the branch that the mammals come from, the Synapsids, deviated from the Sauropsids (which became the dinosaurs) at a much earlier time in their evolutionary history.

And rather than disect your post, let me just say this - When faced with something you find mysterious, you should at least attempt to explore and then exhaust the mundane explanations before investigating the more fantastic or exotic ones. You should not immediately leap to the fantastic as the only explanation.

Of course many people here are prone to 'magical thinking' so that flies right over their heads..

I can see that you want to believe in dragons. It's nice to want to believe in things, but it doesn't make them true. Most people want to believe - they like the idea of ghosts, ufo's, cryptids and fantasy animals, wild conspiracy tales. Gods..

Most folk love to hear the fantastic explanation, but very few are interested in the truth (which is usually the mundane).

edit on RAmerica/Chicago31uWed, 15 Jan 2014 15:02:57 -06001-0600fCST03 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Statistically improbable edit..

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I believe there was some sort of creature they referred to as the dragon. All cultures have similar tales of huge flying creatures. The only thing I can think of that would match the description would be a form of ancient dinosaur type creature.. I don't think it would have breathed fire, but there may have been a big flying creature. Just because they have found no evidence other than writings does not mean it did not exist, it only means there has been no proof of it's existence found YET. Maybe something will show up someday. Six hundred years ago there was an elephant bird still living on some islands. That was put into extinction by humans, hunted out. If they hadn't actually found the evidence it existed that would also be a myth. The Saber tooth tiger was said to be a myth till they found evidence that it coexisted with hominids.

I wouldn't just rule out that a creature they refer to as a dragon existed, lack of evidence does not mean that they did not exist. I'm sure that these creatures were made out to be more terrifying than they were though. For all we know, they could have been gentle creatures unless they were attacked.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

By your logic, all it 'could' exist, including pink unicorns, all titans from Greek mythology, Zeus and other gods as well Ancient Egyptian gods.

If you take into account human creativity, earth will become very little for all those creatures...

ps. what elephant bird are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

SuperFrog

By your logic, all it 'could' exist, including pink unicorns, all titans from Greek mythology, Zeus and other gods as well Ancient Egyptian gods.

If you take into account human creativity, earth will become very little for all those creatures...

ps. what elephant bird are you talking about?

Lots of these things were glamorized in the past, just as we glamorize things now. Many of the things have a base of reality to them. These gods may have been people with genetics that allowed them to live a very long time and gain wisdom beyond our comprehension. They could have possessed technology that most people of the time had never seen, or their soldiers could have been dressed in awesome metallic clothing making people of the time fear and also respect their leaders. It is the perception of the writer that we are reading, people had different perception those days than we have now. A good surgeon could have been consideredhaving godly properties. A person who knew how to cure people with medicines would have been put on a pedestal. Even the people producing beer four thousand years ago might have been given a godly title, as beer made people happy and strong in a time of malnutrition. The leaders that built the pyramids were also considered in touch with the gods back them. Gaia, or mother earth was the provider of life, she was an entity or god. So was the sun that gave us warmth and made life possible.

People learned to abuse these "gods" and forced the common people to accept them or die.

Here is an article about the elephant bird. en.wikipedia.org... Could you imagine the size oven needed to roast that thing
Could you imagine the bread and poultry seasoning needed to stuff it? How about the size of the eggs, I think that would be classified as a super jumbo and would require a change in a cake recipe.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join