It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashing at a young age

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by SuperFrog

Denial as in defense mechanism.

My guess is that you are not talking about denial as denial of scientific facts, stuff that we now know to be true...

Why would you love to be brainwashed? Does it make you feel better, even you most likely know that you live in lie?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by danielsil18

I'd rather be brainwashed then live in denial. However that isn't hardly the case for me.

But what if the brainwashing is the precursor to denial or rather what leads you to denial? and by that I guess I'm asking if its not possible that the brain washing removes the ability to see both sides and make a choice for yourself which path is right for you? informed consent is crucial in my opinion and even if its the wrong worldview it should be up to the individual to decide for themselves. I think at this stage of the dance you and I are pretty clear on the others beliefs but I think it's also fair to say that even when you disagree with someone you at least attempt to understand their view before dissecting it. Shouldn't everyone be given the same option as opposed to being blindly led down one path without the knowledge that there are side trails that may enhance your worldview?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

But what if the brainwashing is the precursor to denial or rather what leads you to denial? and by that I guess I'm asking if its not possible that the brain washing removes the ability to see both sides and make a choice for yourself which path is right for you?

You just had to go and complicate the matter didn't you ?
Lets say I believe that everyone should make the right choice.
Whether or not they believe or disbelieve that choice is right
for them at the time. I'm not a fear monger but I would hate
for anyone to miss out on what see as a more abundant life
than this one.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

You said you have evidence for evolution. Can I see it?
I want hard evidence, not just "it could of happened" or "nothing stops it from happening" stuff.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE
Apparently YOU don't believe in the big, scary, invisible man in the sky or his son the Jewish Zombie?

Yes, they believe the man as ape idea which has great edifices and temples dedicated in its behalf. Even though its been shown from the outset to be the vaporous gases of melancholy minds and pure cognitive dissidence.

Its really hard to tell whose full of more bullswaller. The dinosaurs on day six or the man was once an ape crowd.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Ansky

I want hard evidence, not just "it could of happened" or "nothing stops it from happening" stuff.

How about lab experiment that proves evolution?

If you interested in paper, check here: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Also check this link: www.newscientist.com...-ac

Good enough?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Haha. Wasn't trying to complicate things, just a little soap box pontificating. In all seriousness, if god gave us all free will AND made man in his image it would seem to me he would want people to make their own choices, make their own mistakes. If that leads them back to god and they live a life that Christ would be proud of on the journey there I would think that god would be pleased. That's not to say everyone would walk that straight and narrow path or ever end up at that point, even men of the cloth and true believers do things, sometimes even in the name of god, that would make Jesus want to cast them out like demons. But that's probably an entirely seperate thread regarding the separation of organized religion from those who walk he walk. In he end we are all responsible for our choices good and bad. It just bothers me when those choices aren't really a choice due to outside manipulation. And tht isn't a charge I levy solely against religion. I think people like Dawkins do a great disservice to science in general and anthropology in particular by making us all look like rabid atheists trying to rid the world of god which is just a silly notion because there are anthropologists who devote their entire careers to studying religions.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

To coin a phrase Peter, that more than fair enough.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

SuperFrog

Ansky

How about lab experiment that proves evolution?

If you interested in paper, check here: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Also check this link: www.newscientist.com...-ac

Good enough?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'd like to see evidence that all forms of life, and particularly humans, evolved.
You answered that it could happen, but I'd like to know if it really happened. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ansky

Sure you can see it. A good place to start for researching most topics is Wikipedia, its not a source in and of itself, it does however leave easy to follow citations to the actual sources.

There are plenty of sites, textbooks, fossils, and peer reviewed scientific works documenting the evidence regarding our genetic relation with other apes, showing transitional forms, demonstrating the reality of speciation, etc.

Evolution just means that each generation is slightly different from the last, when you go hundreds, thousands or even millions of generations you end up with an end result quite different from what you used to have. Sometimes the environment changes a species, for example the Tibetan people have developed special traits allowing them to thrive at high altitude.

Genetic Evidence for High Altitude Adaptation in Tibet

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Ansky
Sorry I wasn't clear. I'd like to see evidence that all forms of life, and particularly humans, evolved.
You answered that it could happen, but I'd like to know if it really happened. Thanks!

There is difference between it happened and could happen.

In my link you would see that it did happen in 50K generations.

Visible proof that it DID happen and its still happening - we humans. Difference between humans on different continents, and we still growing into a bit different, taller species.

From all different experiments we know its happening, it is not like 'it could happen'. All remains of our ancestors show that ti DID happen and it still happening.

Care to prove that evolution is not happening?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

danielsil18
I found a video that shows kids being taught that dinosaurs coexisted with humans thousands of years ago, kids are being brainwashed to not accept science.

I find it disgusting to be honest. Why would you teach kids that:

- The Earth was created in six days, 6000 years ago.
- Dinosaurs were created on the 6th day.
- Everything the bible says is true.
- Evolution is an idea.
- The bible is the history book of the universe.
- To trust god ahead of a scientist.

The makers of the video do not understand what is recorded in the Word, if your list is accurate.

I am a disciple of Christ and a member of the Church of God. I will simply adjust your list to what is true in The Word, because it can be very difficult to understand when there are 1000 different opinions of what was written, and each Christian at odds with each other think they are "right". What will be written below is truth revealed by God through the office of an Apostle.

- The Earth was re-created in 6 days, 6000 years ago so it would be suitable to sustain human life. Before that time mankind would not have been able to survive on his own on the Earth. It was originally created billions of years ago.

- Dinosaurs lived on the Earth during the time before re-creation week. They were killed (ELE) at the time of Lucifer's angelic rebellion. The aftermath of that rebellion was the complete destruction of the Earth and all life upon it as recorded in Genesis 1:2 "the Earth came to become dead and full of chaos, and waters covered the face of the Earth". In that verse you can plainly see prior to re-creation week the Earth already existed and was brought to a state of death and decay as a result of Lucifer becoming Satan.

- Everything the Bible says is true (no changes here).

- Evolution is an scientific theory, there is much evidence of adaptation, natural selection and generational evolution (bacteria become more capable bacteria); there is little to no evidence of a species evolving into a completely different species (bacteria become fungi). As a theory, Evolution is changing and will continue to change as scientists continue to study it, but our understanding grows each day.

- The Bible is the history of God's interaction with mankind for the purpose of creating His family (Elohim) over time. The only areas of history The Bible is concerned with are those in which God interacts with mankind according to His will. As such it cannot be looked upon as a complete history book, since God has not interacted with a very large percentage of mankind's population, during the present age of mankind's self rule. For those who are being worked with for the purpose of becoming Elohim (not the purpose of this present age for the vast majority of mankind), the Bible is a far better resource then those who are not.

- Trust God ahead of a scientist (no changes here).

I hope this clear up some of the misinformation presented in the video. In short, millions of Christians do not know the truth but claim to, and they teach false assumptions based on false interpretations of scripture to their children as a natural result. But none of that has anything to do with the authority and accuracy of The Bible; it has to do with mankind's false understanding of it.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

ElohimJD
The makers of the video do not understand what is recorded in the Word, if your list is accurate.

I am a disciple of Christ and a member of the Church of God. I will simply adjust your list to what is true in The Word, because it can be very difficult to understand when there are 1000 different opinions of what was written, and each Christian at odds with each other think they are "right". What will be written below is truth revealed by God through the office of an Apostle.

Finally an expert...

ElohimJD
- The Earth was re-created in 6 days, 6000 years ago so it would be suitable to sustain human life. Before that time mankind would not have been able to survive on his own on the Earth. It was originally created billions of years ago.

Said who and where? Please provide sources and quoted text for this claim.

ElohimJD
- Dinosaurs lived on the Earth during the time before re-creation week. They were killed (ELE) at the time of Lucifer's angelic rebellion. The aftermath of that rebellion was the complete destruction of the Earth and all life upon it as recorded in Genesis 1:2 "the Earth came to become dead and full of chaos, and waters covered the face of the Earth". In that verse you can plainly see prior to re-creation week the Earth already existed and was brought to a state of death and decay as a result of Lucifer becoming Satan.

Same Genesis that shows 2 different account about human creation? In first one, humans were created and in next one first women was created from Adams ribs in absence of material, I assume.

ElohimJD
- Everything the Bible says is true (no changes here).

Please provide proof for your claim. Most everything in Bible is wrong, including claim that God created 2 great lights, sun and moon, and today we know that one of them is actually only reflection. Ask Bill the Science Guy if you don't trust me.

ElohimJD
- Evolution is an scientific theory, there is much evidence of adaptation, natural selection and generational evolution (bacteria become more capable bacteria); there is little to no evidence of a species evolving into a completely different species (bacteria become fungi). As a theory, Evolution is changing and will continue to change as scientists continue to study it, but our understanding grows each day.

There are lot of evidence for evolution and with the last sentence I am am sure that you have no idea what theory means in science community.

ElohimJD
- The Bible is the history of God's interaction with mankind for the purpose of creating His family (Elohim) over time. The only areas of history The Bible is concerned with are those in which God interacts with mankind according to His will. As such it cannot be looked upon as a complete history book, since God has not interacted with a very large percentage of mankind's population, during the present age of mankind's self rule. For those who are being worked with for the purpose of becoming Elohim (not the purpose of this present age for the vast majority of mankind), the Bible is a far better resource then those who are not.

Bible is poor literate work of fiction. No much of history, except many legends that writer have taken from Mesopotamia and other parts of world later when it was written, and later edited.

ElohimJD
- Trust God ahead of a scientist (no changes here).

Existence would help here with trust...

ElohimJD
I hope this clear up some of the misinformation presented in the video. In short, millions of Christians do not know the truth but claim to, and they teach false assumptions based on false interpretations of scripture to their children as a natural result. But none of that has anything to do with the authority and accuracy of The Bible; it has to do with mankind's false understanding of it.

God Bless,

I would agree that millions don't know the truth, and are looking in wrong books... at least we agree on this.

Here is interesting video about human evolution and our history... Enjoy...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What Im seeing is brain washing. They are put into an environment, and not taught anything else but that. Pounded into their heads as soon as they can read.

Those parents are not going to say "Hey we are religious, and we are going to teach you about God, also you can study other things as well if you would like and then make your own decision, we stand behind you."

Instead they say, " God is the only light, you cant listen to that because it promotes this, and thats the law."

Those parents are closed minded, and a little scared that their children will start thinking for themselves, because that meens they loose control.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

GetHyped
reply to post by Konduit

And the religious fundamentalists have been sitting on their hands? Are we reading the same forum here?

Honestly, I don't see so many religious nuts constantly crashing peoples threads and attacking them with rants about God and Religion even where it isn't do. Take the Paul Walker thread for example, the so called "Atheists" did a good number bringing religion into that one.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

Then you clearly haven't read many threads. Just take a look at the front page of this forum and count up how many threads either have empty words to the effect of "Evolution is wrong, here's why" (all completely devoid of scientific argument) and how many contain religious nuts quoting scripture as "evidence" for their argument. In fact, pick any thread and count how many fundamentalist "crash" them "rants" against evolution/Darwin with their uninformed biblebabble.

I feel you only see what you want to see.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Konduit
It is pretty ridiculous, but I love when the Atheist crowd tries to put blame on "God", this fictitious character in their own minds, for the fallacies of Men
Anyone else see the irony here?
edit on 21-12-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

like starving kids and wars?

lol!!!

growing back a leg or arm?

glad i am not the only one that see's this, bs.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Ansky

Sure you can see it. A good place to start for researching most topics is Wikipedia, its not a source in and of itself, it does however leave easy to follow citations to the actual sources.

There are plenty of sites, textbooks, fossils, and peer reviewed scientific works documenting the evidence regarding our genetic relation with other apes, showing transitional forms, demonstrating the reality of speciation, etc.

Evolution just means that each generation is slightly different from the last, when you go hundreds, thousands or even millions of generations you end up with an end result quite different from what you used to have. Sometimes the environment changes a species, for example the Tibetan people have developed special traits allowing them to thrive at high altitude.

Genetic Evidence for High Altitude Adaptation in Tibet

that is not evolution.
it's adaptation.

did the tibetians evolve into sherpa's?

show me a tibetian that turned into a butterfly.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

GetHyped
reply to post by Konduit

Then you clearly haven't read many threads. Just take a look at the front page of this forum and count up how many threads either have empty words to the effect of "Evolution is wrong, here's why" (all completely devoid of scientific argument) and how many contain religious nuts quoting scripture as "evidence" for their argument. In fact, pick any thread and count how many fundamentalist "crash" them "rants" against evolution/Darwin with their uninformed biblebabble.

I feel you only see what you want to see.

so, you have added, what?

anything of substance?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

Oh I'm sorry, i didn't realize that responding back and forth with another member in a thread didn't constitute a discussion by your rule book. Perhaps you'd like to lay down a few ground rules (preferably underscored with examples of your valuable contributions) for the rest of us to follow?

The irony of your reply appears to be lost upon you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join