It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashing at a young age

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I found a video that shows kids being taught that dinosaurs coexisted with humans thousands of years ago, kids are being brainwashed to not accept science.

I find it disgusting to be honest. Why would you teach kids that:

- The Earth was created in six days, 6000 years ago.
- Dinosaurs were created on the 6th day.
- Everything the bible says is true.
- Evolution is an idea.
- The bible is the history book of the universe.
- To trust god ahead of a scientist.

Then in a PowerPoint slide it says: God said it, I believe it, that settles it!

Here is the video:

To me this kids are being brainwashed. Basically telling them not to trust science and that dinosaurs were alive a few thousand years ago is absurd.

Let's also not bring carbon dating since there are many ways to test the age of the Earth and fossils and they all correlate in their dates.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The answer is simple. When the adults are already brainwashed with stupidity, that is all they know. They in turn, turn around and brainwash their children not knowing the disservice they are doing to their children. It's ashame too, I used to go to high school with someone who believes crap like this, let's just say he was ridiculed relentlessly for it. It wasn't his fault, this is what his parents believe and they passed that belief onto their child. Unfortunately, they were wrong and teenagers being teenagers were quick to point that out (rather meanly at that).

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

After watching this video I also wouldn't blame the kids, I blame the parents.

The good thing I can see from all of this is that the kids can easily find out they were being lied to by learning about science once they grow up.

The bad thing is that after being brainwashed, it's hard for them to open a science book or accept anything science explains.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

Ahh yes... one of my all time favorite arguments from Fanatical Christians...

Dinosaurs existed with man... and Satan hid the bones in the earth to deceive man

LMAO!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It reminds me of this video:

Funny and sad how there are people who actually believe this is true.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Apparently YOU don't believe in the big, scary, invisible man in the sky or his son the Jewish Zombie?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

HUMBLEONE
Apparently YOU don't believe in the big, scary, invisible man in the sky or his son the Jewish Zombie?

And apparently I do it because I don't want to face the consequences for my actions.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
but if god said then it cant be wrong.

fail me logic?

We are simply doomed.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm assuming these kids are going to grow up, and then make their own decisions.
It's like saying i've brainwashed my kids to belive in Santa Claus, and they're never going to know any better.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

WilsonWilson
I'm assuming these kids are going to grow up, and then make their own decisions.
It's like saying i've brainwashed my kids to belive in Santa Claus, and they're never going to know any better.

There is a logical fallacy in your post.

Parents who tell kids about Santa do so knowing that the kids will stop believing in Santa and the parents will confirm that Santa is not real.

In my post, the parents are teaching the kids propaganda hoping that the kids don't grow out of it.
Do you think those parents are going to tell their kids "it was all a lie, just like Santa Claus"

Actually the opposite, the parents will try to confirm that what they were taught is real.

edit on 19-12-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

I've done a number of threads on this very topic.
I agree with you that kids will grow up and "become aware" that it was what it was:
Brainwashing.

Meantime, they are being damaged, and are not getting the real- life skills they need.
Check my profile to see some threads over the last year regarding this horrid phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
A different type of brainwashing takes place daily on a grand scale on the TV news, the TV shows, the newspapers, Movies, and the educational system. TPTB have control of all those things, having bought them over the past century or two through their absolute control of the central banks. They wouldn't worry about different opinions of creation, IMO, but would not look favorably on anyone being educated outside of their structured and deceiving system---particularly regarding the history of the 20th century and the causes of its wars.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thankfully, the advent (heh!) of the internet will make it almost impossible for this crap to continue; there's just too much access to other points of view, and the ridicule** now is directed towards the gilt-edged-book believers, not the ones who are questioning authority figures and their dogma.

Which brings to mind a point. Why is it that an atheist can barely be elected to public office, and what's that say about our ability to have rational public representatives?

**Not that I'm in favor of ridicule as a way of swaying the public mind, but it's worked so well for the other side...it's about time it got turned on them.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

danielsil18

WilsonWilson

There is a logical fallacy in your post.

Parents who tell kids about Santa do so knowing that the kids will stop believing in Santa and the parents will confirm that Santa is not real.

In my post, the parents are teaching the kids propaganda hoping that the kids don't grow out of it.
Do you think those parents are going to tell their kids "it was all a lie, just like Santa Claus"

Actually the opposite, the parents will try to confirm that what they were taught is real.

edit on 19-12-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

But these children will grow up and they will make decisions themselves.
I grew up in a religious household, we were brought up to belive the world is 6000 years old, that there are descriptions of dinosaurs in the bible etc etc.
I then grew up and read some books, and lived a little and made my own choices.
People always bring their children up to belive the same things whether religious political or even something as simple as being a vegetarian.
people either choose the same path or they dont, but brainwashing is a little extreme.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i can actually spell believe.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I work with someone in his 30s that believes all of these things, and it is extremely frustrating. He believes a lot of scientific journals falsify findings because we can't possibly be as advanced as we are. His tech knowledge is about 3 years out of date, and even more so in other areas.

The scary thing is that some of these kids will not grow out of it.

Oh, and who said Santa Claus isn't real?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

TLomon
I work with someone in his 30s that believes all of these things, and it is extremely frustrating. He believes a lot of scientific journals falsify findings because we can't possibly be as advanced as we are. His tech knowledge is about 3 years out of date, and even more so in other areas.

The scary thing is that some of these kids will not grow out of it.

Oh, and who said Santa Claus isn't real?

they dont have to grow out of it, they are free to belive whatever they like.
To me for brainwashing to survive, they would have to be in some kind of cult like situation where they never met others who thought differently, werent allowed to read books go on the internet etc.
I'm sure there are children that ARE bought up this way, however i dont think all Christian children are brought up this way, and i dont think teaching children your own beliefs can be classed as brainwashing.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Actually, I think the internet brings like minded individuals together who will believe just about anything. There are often resurgences or perpetuation to a hoax (like Mars being as close to the earth visibly as the moon) because of the Internet and there are just as many or more who believe it.

To me TRUE BRAINWASHING is not being able to have the FREEDOM believe whatever it is you want to believe

On topic if science ever proves we are in a simulation well then I think all bets would be off. Arguments of evolution, the age of the earth or the entire size of the Universe could be invalid. It might basically put most of science in doubt because just like in the Matrix the rules and collective universe were created...

I find that spooky.
edit on 19-12-2013 by abeverage because: of perpetuation

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Either dinosaurs existed with humans a few thousand years ago or the structures with dinosaurs carved of stone on them are a lot older than they are supposed to be. Either way, the person using scientific techniques to evaluate their age did not take into consideration that someone had to see a dinosaur to make a picture of a dinosaur.

Science isn't always right. Our kids are being brainwashed by society to believe that something is real and pertinent because someone is saying it applies. The person could be excluding evidence that does not fit beliefs of the time.

I suppose we are being conditioned to be good parrots.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Not everyone is a critical thinker. Remember half the world is below the average IQ level. So if one of these people grows up being told things like this, they will continue to believe it in adulthood no matter what evidence is thrown in their face to the contrary. If they have access to the internet, there are plenty of sites that will acquiesce to their beliefs, like this one: Answers in Genesis

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join