It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 AM And Its Liquid Breakfast Time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

nugget1
Could your contact with the executive director have caused some waves, or stepped on a few toes?
Was that contact within the last few months? I'm wondering if maybe your bosses feel you hold too much weight, and therefore need to be discredited a bit in the directors eyes...
Guess it doesn't really matter in the end; sooner or later , you get out of life 10 fold what you put in.
Pity your bosses; stay true to yourself. The world desperately needs more people like you!
Nugget

nah last time i saw big guy was probably 3yrs ago, but seeing as how he has sought me out and recognized my name on each visit (even when i didnt recognize him and asked who the he** he was lol) and has every time complimented me on the level of care the guys are receiving on my shifts i feel theres a good chance he would listen to me. my current 1st 2nd and 3rd tier managers as far as i know dont even realize ive had conversations with him. however at one point my 2nd tier boss mentioned he felt my length of employment was causing me to expect special treatment. i told him id offered to travel at my own cost to another city to make up trqining or come to office on my own time unpaid to watch any videos i missed and askd how i was expecting special exemption?? he apologized for his misinterpretation.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousgal

I worked for a major store for many years. Being a relatively small town, most of the employees had been there from 9 to 17 years.
A new regional manager came through and told the boss to get rid of anybody that had been there more than 4 years; their pay raises were putting them in too high of a bracket, and cutting in to company profits.
Dog eat dog world.....

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
haha just read my copy of the corrective action plan which is actually slightly diff than the one i was asked to sign. the witness and supervisor did not sign in my presence so i plan to arrive first thing tomorrow to request a photocopy of the actually fully signed corrective action plan.

now that i read my version more closely it states "*gal* left scheduled training early on 11/5/13. *gal* did not have an unexcused absence from a supervisor"

that is 100% correct, i did not have an unexcused absence, i had an EXCUSED ABSENCE!

it also states "*gal* signed procedure manual acknowledgement form which states that there will not be alternative sessions for tri annual training"

it then states
"corrective action to be taken"
"*gal* must arrange for a makeup session for triannual training within the next 7 days"

how do i arrange for a makeup session if no alternative sessions are allowed? lmfao

once i get the photocopied version i will proofread for these same errors and see how things go from there lol

fricken ridiculous seriously

gal

ps: on another note the bottle of capn morgan was great and i have a sharpie itching to write "im a huge meanie" on back of hubs shaved head when he falls asleep....... muahahahahaaaaaa

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

i calmly state that i fully intend to sign but have some statements to make first. i assure both present that while i qm livid, my anger is not directed at them and i still respect them both as supervisors and appreciate their management styles

Your in a situation where essentially they are black mailing you to admit to a wrong doing where clearly you haven't if the events you described are accurate. You shouldn't of signed even if it means taking it to court seek legal adivice that options not too late. In fact if they are willing to pull your reputation through the mud and step on your moral then you should be seeking a lawyer to sue them and for compensation.
edit on 19-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

i calmly state that i fully intend to sign but have some statements to make first. i assure both present that while i qm livid, my anger is not directed at them and i still respect them both as supervisors and appreciate their management styles

Your in a situation where essentially they are black mailing you to admit to a wrong doing where clearly you haven't if the events you described are accurate. You shouldn't of signed even if it means taking it to court seek legal adivice that options not too late. In fact if they are willing to pull your reputation through the mud and step on your moral then you should be seeking a lawyer to sue them and for compensation.
edit on 19-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

i understand and appreciate what youre saying but my dedication to the guys i care for is so deep im afraid to create an environment where others see me as a troublemaker and cause too much stress for me to remain. the office is like a high school for middle aged morons. all kinds of criticizing cliques. but as i said b4 i will be pointing out the discrepencies in this ridiculous write up and getting a photocopy of the one i actually signed and go from there on who i contact

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

the office is like a high school for middle aged morons. all kinds of criticizing cliques

This happens in many business organisations. The mentality behind it driving it is unfortunately insecurity and ego and laziness.
Every manager I have worked for to varying degrees spent all their time pushing even there own work down. All they wanted to do was go to meetings with a other managers and talk about resources, at the level of I will need some resources for this job and that.

So whats wrong with that? Nothing if the pay they get is commeasurate with the difficulty level. None of these manager types should be on more than 80k a year, the difficultly level in not greater than that. In reality they could be getting paid anywhere between 3-5 times that amount. Pathetic isn't it when you consider all the honest hardworking people out there struggling to make ends meet and are making a real contribution to the business.

edit on 20-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

the office is like a high school for middle aged morons. all kinds of criticizing cliques

This happens in many business organisations. The mentality behind it driving it is unfortunately insecurity and ego and laziness.
Every manager I have worked for to varying degrees spent all their time pushing even there own work down. All they wanted to do was go to meetings with a other managers and talk about resources, at the level of I will need some resources for this job and that.

So whats wrong with that? Nothing if the pay they get is commeasurate with the difficulty level. None of these manager types should be on more than 80k a year, the difficultly level in not greater than that. In reality they could be getting paid anywhere between 3-5 times that amount. Pathetic isn't it when you consider all the honest hardworking people out there struggling to make ends meet and are making a real contribution to the business.

edit on 20-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

yep, disgustingly true. i dont even make $10 per hr. have worked jobs much less stressfull making much more. but this is what feeds my soul i rather havethat than more money

<< 1   >>

join