It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you would like to see Bush as permanent "president"? serious answers please

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'd like to know how many of you think this president is so great you would like him to remain....err....president...AND WHY.

While you're at it, i'd like to know if you think this would be a dictatorship or just a great president wanting to finish the job he started.
thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If you don't already know yes, I voted for GW and defend him often. However, president for life? No way. He's not that great, nor should anyone be. FDR served too long. Two terms and OUT. Absolute power does corrupt absolutely.

link   
Hell No! I could care less if he parted the Red Sea. No politician should ever serve more than one term in office in my opinion. From president right on down to county dog catcher. The biggest problem we face today is career politicians. Thats why I'm glad to see our country predominantly elects presidents which were elected governors from our states instead of lifelong members of the Senate and House. The consitution outlines this very well. A person should serve one term and if not elected to a higher office, then they need to return to being a productive member of society. The lack of following this protocal has led to the various commitieis on capital hill and the development of government from an intity that was to do our business internationally and protect us to an intity which has bestowed upon itself the task of deciding finacial and social concerns for us.

link   
Nope. I voted for President Bush twice, but that is a far cry from wanting to have anyone in that office permanently, or even for more than eight years. Term limits are good and we should have them for Congress as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'd like to know how many of you think this president is so great you would like him to remain....err....president...AND WHY.

It is quite difficult to give a serious answer to this "serious" question. Does Bush really have that much control over his own policies? Does it even matter who is President?

Short Answer: I Don't

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
His term is up, and he is leaving back to where he crawled out from after this next four years. That's the law and the FBI and others are sworn to uphold it.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Interesting that any poll done about if America is happy with the election result, will show that over 50% are not...

While you're at it, i'd like to know if you think this would be a dictatorship or just a great president wanting to finish the job he started.
thanks

It already IS a dictatorship, we just haven't been let in on the joke yet.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So, dgtempe, are these the responses you expected, or did you think to catch people engaged in Bush worship and the cult of personality? I bet you will not have even one American who will answer yes to this topic.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
No president in history has been so great that they should be made permanent. If they new they would be president for life, many of their actions would not have been the same. Most presidents behave in the following way:

First Term Priority: Get re-elected

Second Term Priority: Create your legacy

If anything should be changed, some thought should be put into limiting presidents to one term, perhaps a little longer than 4 years. This may "entice" presidents stop making decisions that will get them re-elected and start making decisions for the good of the country. Then again, it may not.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I put this out there because so many of you have this "god-like" image of Bush.
I agree...no one should be allowed any longer than the term.

There's a rumor (not verified) saying that Bush & Co. are looking into the idea of extending the presidency longer. This is scary stuff (if true) and i wonder if it comes to pass how many out there would back this up. IF there is any backing up to be done by the US citizens.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
If anything should be changed, some thought should be put into limiting presidents to one term, perhaps a little longer than 4 years. This may "entice" presidents stop making decisions that will get them re-elected and start making decisions for the good of the country.

I think that is a good idea. I'd like to see one six year term for President and that's it. It would take a lot of special interests out as well since if you can't be elected again, you don't need a war chest, thus no one can buy you by filling it.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
President for life?...is not going to happen and i don't think any American would want this, I know I don't. Our system is set up so that a president can remain in office two terms, and that's it....

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I do expect GW to declare marshal law after the next big terror attack. So another election is kinda mute. He may be defacto prezzzzzzz for life.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Bush couldn't inspire a 'cult of personality' following. If he had a personality, it would just be one of a bumbling Texas billionaire who don't talk English too good.

Seriously, if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have voted for him the first time. Personality... sheesh!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What in the world is telling you, we regard Bush in a "god-like image"?.....

I have not made it a secret that i don't agree with some of the things Bush has done or some of his views....but at this moment in time Bush is the right candidate imo (Well, right president since he is the president), and it seems most Americans think the same way....

That is a far cry from regarding him as a "God".......

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
ahhhh Moaddib, but if this war on terrorism status remains indefinately, new terror threats, Osama tapes, your occasional terror attack, would this not lead some people into thinking that this man should remain president until this war is over?
Now we're getting to the meat of this subject..

If you think he's right for this war, and he's the best for the job now, wont you still think so 4 years from today?

Do you have a firm resounding "no" in this case?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I prayed to Bush... and he told me to vote for him.

DgTempe, just because I thought President Bush was the best man for the job, doesnt mean I regard him as a God like image.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Me being shy and all I would like to give this a shot. JFK to LBJ to Nixion to Ford. American transition of presidents during war. Yes, one was a little harsh. Ok, two were a little harsh. Well heck it still happened and should. No 1 man should be there forever.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Bush president forever. LOL
Then we would have to hear you complaining forever...no way would we want that.
j/k

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well, some people defend him to the death- High among idols of our lifetime..
By God-like you know what is meant.

On the other hand, his name keeps poping up in Church. Make of it what you want. You know the jest of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join