It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bus Passengers bring down robber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hey there guys,
It's been awhile since i've posted anything but i figure you of all people would enjoy seeing this. Not sure if its already been posted or not, it was just uploaded today or yesterday.

The video shows a young man on a bus, robbing people. Pointing the firearm in peoples faces and taking their things (phones apparently). Well one man had enough. This guy is an idiot, what possible logic could there be to robbing multiple people on a bus, think they wont do anything?

All it takes is one! Kudos to these guys, they are a lot softer than i would have been. I lose my temper though. Enjoy the crowd justice.
edit on 19/12/13 by AzureSky because: grammar

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

AzureSky

This guy is an idiot, what possible logic could there be to robbing multiple people on a bus, think they wont do anything?

Most people wont do anything. Even in America the chances that a robber will come across an individual carrying a firearm or pepper spray or even a person who will just punch him in the face are relatively remote.

Pair that with a solid 15-30 minute police response time and the odds are in the criminals favor.

Luckily these morons often post pictures of their loot on Facebook and brag all over town so catching up to them is not usually a problem but for the crime in progress there is very little threatening to stop them.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Would make sense. The thought gets my adrenaline going for sure. The gun probably wasn't even loaded

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

AzureSky
Well one man had enough. This guy is an idiot, what possible logic could there be to robbing multiple people on a bus, think they wont do anything?

They think they won't do anything because they generally do not. A guy with a box cutter brought down a whole plane (depending on what you do or don't believe, that's for another thread) why wouldn't a guy with a gun assume he could succeed without repercussions?

I do love these stories though. It restores a bit of faith that not everyone has given up or given in. If this kind of scenario happened often enough, robberies would slow way down.
edit on 12/19/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I guess i just speak from my own thought process, i'd probably lose my cool if someone pointed a weapon at me.

Little bit of faith in humanity restored, sometimes i cruise youtube for videos like this just to smile

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
"get off me white boy" haha

One young woman even helped with the take down.

He can plead not guilty but it seems the video states otherwise.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I agree with the defence solicitor - in one regard - it has tainted the case

that video is a key piece of prosecution evidence - that will co-oberate witness statements

and should be first seen at the defendants trial .

wanting it released before hand is simply self agrandising crap

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Don't care if this in some way taints the case...more importantly it may show that more people should react and help when a crime is committed...good for the bystanders...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The guy sitting who fought back did many things correct. Most disarm attempts even done the correct way have a large percentage where the gun still discharges.. Even though technically his defense was wrong it was the best considering there was a bus load of people. Normally the firearm is turned to the left and bent backwards; The trigger guard will break or cut the perps trigger finger off.
Most punks think they are in control when the have a weapon and they are until it is taken away from them.
Just the first video I came across but youtube has many on disarming someone.

Helps to know what you can do; but if you mess it up or the guy is super strong you may still end up on the receiving end of a mussel flash and bullet stay safe.

edit on 19-12-2013 by 727Sky because: ..

top topics

join