It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity as a Macrocosmic Single Person

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Just like an Individual who is born, has a childhood, learns, grows, matures, makes mistakes, reaches various milestones in his/her life, love, marriage, rough patches, old age, then death.....you can see that Humanity is similar to an Individual itself.

Humanity itself was also initially born, had a stone age childhood, learns, grows, matures, makes mistakes, milestones (moon landing, technology, internet. medical breakthroughs, etc)

But where are we today depends on the relative views of each individual. So if I ask you guys on ATS, swhere do you see humanity on the stages of life? (I'm asking by the way), we will get as many answers as there are opinions.

I'll give you mine first, and would love to hear yours.

I see Spiritual Enlightenment & well established & fully mature intellect, intuition, and emotion as the pinnacle of Human development & completion, as well as the next evolutionary step in the ladder for us as a species. Everything else is merely "works-in-progress" or "stagnation"

So when I look at the world, I see a lot of egotism, materialism, selfishness, apathy, lower base desires, childish, divisions & separation, corporate fascist based greed, lies, coverups, etc.

Overall, it seems humanity is still like in a pre-teen stage, or maybe still a child. But you do see cracks in this way of life with people wanting change, a better greener environment, less authority, less division, hope, etc.

There is a small bright side, but it seems covered by the dark.

What say you?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Its hard to say, you can't base every individual person off of society... That's how you get lost in the illusion that helps perpetuate what you're trying to stop. Humanity is at differing points of evolution, whether it be social, intellectual, or what have you, it all depends on the individual, not the society... Yes people are only as technologically advanced as their society, but you can't paint humanities evolution with such a broad brush.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

SpreadLoveNotHate

Its hard to say, you can't base every individual person off of society... That's how you get lost in the illusion that helps perpetuate what you're trying to stop. Humanity is at differing points of evolution, whether it be social, intellectual, or what have you, it all depends on the individual, not the society... Yes people are only as technologically advanced as their society, but you can't paint humanities evolution with such a broad brush.

I think we can paint with a broad brush.

Take Intellect for example. I believe in the West, we have a fully established and mature Intellect which has given us Science, Technology, Engineering, Physics, etc. This has also spread to the East as we see many Intellectuals coming out of the Asian & Indian Countries. So we can clearly say Intellect is well established.

But lets look all the racism, separatist thinking, & divisions.....which are quite obvious as there isn't really a global unification. This is where humanity lacks.

We take every vice & virtue & apply broadly

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Perhaps humanities evolution, could be measured by our own evolution (individually).

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
There are so many things that we can be right now.. But I believe for now, that we are still kids, just now out of our diapers ready to start learning more acceptable behavior.. I believe there are some of us who are much wiser than the rest and could be considered mid teens to twenties.. And these are the kind of people that need to teach the rest of everyone how to be. I believe that we have a lot of learning to do before we become the final product that we are.

Imagine the universe as a whole. We are it and we are slowly joining our awareness as one until we are a single entity that is now one of the "gods". But before we can be that one "God" we have to first become smaller individual entities that resembles "God". And we are in the middle of this process.. I call it our puberty. We just hit the age where we can start puberty or start to go back to our immature ways. Though, I believe we will soon hit puberty and shoot through a large dark time into "eternal beings of light".

Or you can look to your right at the smiley faces in the reply section. Those smiley faces show a really really quick summary of us and where it ends.. With a surprise..

Did I make any sense? Or just sound crazy?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Path to higher consciousness begins with childlike innocence.
Promote action to gain various types of understanding.
Condense units of such understanding to council.
Integrate this council into a single director.
Utilize director to reach out to others.
Reach out to others via sacrifice.
Become sacrifice to expand.
Expand to unite as "One."

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I strongly agree with you on this one, I follow the Buddhist philosophy of 'Oneness'.

“We have to see and understand things as they are. Each and all are unique and independent and, at the same time, all are interrelated and interdependent. We are all one.”

Oneness

Through meditation I have felt a part of me that is connected to all living things, everyone has it but we do not notice it on a day to day basis. It's hard to explain, I think you would need to experience it for yourself, but it's there and when you find it you become so peaceful afterwards, amazing experience.

As to where the Human race is going, I don't think we will reach the next level of sentience until we find a way to live without money. Money is a symbol of our greed and our inability to help others for nothing, perhaps when we can have machines to work every job, and our lives are freed we can finally strip money away, along with the greed and evil that it brings and find a peaceful way to live.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Excellent post, we are at a very difficult stage of development in our progress towards a unity consciousness, There is a divide that is growing where more are waking up, while at the same time more are falling deeper into 'extreme individualism' which as a way of being is the opposite of unity.

They are of course in reality both states of the same energy just polarized, yet the effect of either being positively or negatively charged as a race are vastly different.
This is why the New World Order is being pushed in an aggressive manner, because the elites want a negatively charged race, it is also why individualism is been pushed heavily.
for example: if we take the word individual and break it down a bit. We get ''In-Divide, Duality''
basically a way of saying a person lives in a state of division, through duality (polar opposites/positive,negative).
Also notice in the phrase ''New World Order'' we have 2 positives ''New World'' followed by a counter acting negative ''Order'', which if this was a positive goal would be a word more like ''Community'' or ''Unity'' or ''Development'' you get the point.
The negative side, one is looking at slavery, elitism,dictatorship,selfishness etc....
The Positive side, community, healthy living, unity of mind, love etc....
I am not really sure a sweeping statement for overall progress of humanity is appropriate, but it would appear people are growing stronger in both directions and that is where there ''Choice'' or ''Choices'' is creating the world in which we all live.
Either we choose to live in darkness and help only ourselves or we choose to strive for the light and show others the path on which to walk.

Peace and unity to you all

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Humanity hasn't grown up right, because it's an effing liar. Padding its resume. Telling the same lies over and over again. It's going to be one sad adult...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Whole mountains and oceans lie between communities and packs of humans. The idea that we are all one entity seems to forget about geography. There can be no oneness when mountains, valleys and oceans lie between us.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

rawheroine
Humanity hasn't grown up right, because it's an effing liar. Padding its resume. Telling the same lies over and over again. It's going to be one sad adult...

And if you continue to think in this way nothing will change, for your inner expression has to have an outer effect!
you and everyone else are contributing to the way the world is. This is why religion bangs on about ''pure thoughts'' because they know on an overall level lots of bad thoughts = a negative world. There problem is they don't seem to teach this in a very clear manner

and yes to some degree you may be right, but would it not be more productive to help encourage a better world instead of contributing nothing but negativity ?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Aphorism
Whole mountains and oceans lie between communities and packs of humans. The idea that we are all one entity seems to forget about geography. There can be no oneness when mountains, valleys and oceans lie between us.

Is there a boundary between what you see and you seeing it?
Can the seeing be separated from the seen/scene?

All mountains and all oceans appear in/on/as the one.

The one essence is forming and shaping.
edit on 21-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The cornea. The pupil. The lens. The retina. The optic nerve.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Aphorism

The cornea. The pupil. The lens. The retina. The optic nerve.

Is there a boundary between you and the eye?
Have a look right now (without going to a mirror) - can you actually see a boundary between what is being seen and what is seeing it?

Can you remove yourself from the present scene?
edit on 23-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

dominicus
Just like an Individual who is born, has a childhood, learns, grows, matures, makes mistakes, reaches various milestones in his/her life, love, marriage, rough patches, old age, then death.....you can see that Humanity is similar to an Individual itself.

Humanity itself was also initially born, had a stone age childhood, learns, grows, matures, makes mistakes, milestones (moon landing, technology, internet. medical breakthroughs, etc)

But where are we today depends on the relative views of each individual. So if I ask you guys on ATS, swhere do you see humanity on the stages of life? (I'm asking by the way), we will get as many answers as there are opinions.

I'll give you mine first, and would love to hear yours.

I see Spiritual Enlightenment & well established & fully mature intellect, intuition, and emotion as the pinnacle of Human development & completion, as well as the next evolutionary step in the ladder for us as a species. Everything else is merely "works-in-progress" or "stagnation"

So when I look at the world, I see a lot of egotism, materialism, selfishness, apathy, lower base desires, childish, divisions & separation, corporate fascist based greed, lies, coverups, etc.

Overall, it seems humanity is still like in a pre-teen stage, or maybe still a child. But you do see cracks in this way of life with people wanting change, a better greener environment, less authority, less division, hope, etc.

There is a small bright side, but it seems covered by the dark.

What say you?

If one was given to seeing humanity in stages such as that I would say as a whole perpetually stuck between infancy and teenage years (this is with little regard to outliers which have existed throughout time.) People like to think we have come a long way in regard to progress of positive perspective but looking back throughout history it seems there are waves or cycles where people have been where we are and change took place setting them back and this has repeated over and over again. In regard to your individual perspective of what you see as a meter it's just that your individual perspective there is very little absolute good or evil... lower/higher desire... it's all relative. I think true progress is found in solid certain individuality vs. integrating too much into the mob/hive cycle. While this is still just a perspective it's less rooted in the arbitrary good/evil, higher/lower, etc… etc…

edit on 23-12-2013 by Strayed because: Spelling.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Is there a boundary between you and the eye?
Have a look right now (without going to a mirror) - can you actually see a boundary between what is being seen and what is seeing it?

Can you remove yourself from the present scene?

The eye is a part of me. So there is no boundary between me and my eye.

Can you see your own eyes? Your own retina? Your brain? Your optic nerve? You cannot, because there is a boundary between what you see and what is seeing it.

top topics

join