It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Has there been a pre-chosen path through this journey of life that we must follow?

What if we wonder off that path or jump ahead before we are suppose to?
What happens?
Hurt,sorrow,even death?

Through out my life, it seems I was able to follow the path ,until the last few years.
Or did I follow it exactly as planned.
I have always managed to land on my feet and move forward.
I will not lie, I have been blessed.
I have meet many beautiful, wonderful people through my journey, my quest.

Dealt with death, some to soon, some that were ready to go.
Dealt with love, some expected, some not. Sometimes that love was not wanted, sometimes that love was needed. Sometimes that love came at the wrong time. Sometimes that love waited for the right time.

In my heart I feel I have stayed close to my chosen path and I am destined to see it through till the end,
I have always known what I wanted out of life, and I have achieved most of it.
Closing in on a half a century on this Earth, I feel the rest will fall into place soon.
And the true love of mine will be there to hold my hand as we watch the sunset on our lives together.
It will come,baby. Just be patient.

Peace,
K

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

An amorphous thread unanswerable in any meaningful sense, but yet invoking powerful thoughts and imagery worth considering.

I remember a post someone on ATS wrote about paranormal activities that occurred to them. They said they were driving and had a voice tell them or a sense of dread about going down a certain back road one night. They went down it and nothing happened, but they wonder whether their life would have been different had they turned around. Imagine that, what seems like a meaningless decision, which way to drive home or to work, could fundamentally change your life.

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I do, however, believe that every decision you make, no matter how seemingly immaterial, plays a meaningful role in shaping your life. For example, although I don't know how, my life is officially going to turn out differently because I responded to your post than it would have had I not responded. Same goes for you in posting it. It is exciting stuff.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think I understand. Are you hard headed like me? Refused to take advice from others? Ever since high school by most standards I would have been called a rebel, but I'm not. I just did my own thing for the most part. That gets hard to do once you become a parent though so I had to buckle down and make money which was never one of my main goals in life. I knew early on my time was my life and to waste it working - well, why bother making someone else rich?
I Managed to stay self-employed quite a few years and despite the loss of my first love I've always felt like I was exactly where I was supposed to be. I always thought the most important thing was to be true to yourself and everything else would follow. I still do. Follow your dreams because if you don't you'll just wander through life hoping for happiness to come find you. Good luck with that. If you think you found true love go for it and hold nothing back. You may lose (I have several times) but it sure beats wondering if it would've happened.

I went through a period of severe depression as a teen. Adults didn't look very happy to me and I didn't relish the idea of joining them and whatever it was that made them so miserable. I was also very, very cynical and jaded. Anything I really worked at I found I could do. I just didn't know exactly what it was I wanted to do for a living. That worked itself out later once I found work that used the art skills I had by doing engraving.

The last part of becoming a happy person came after getting a divorce which until I left I had no idea how miserable the other person was making me. I now understand how someone else's problems manifest in your own life and I refuse to ever play that game again.

Dishonesty is still a pet peeve of mine. Not much I hate worse than being lied to. Helps to explain my current attitude towards government which can seemingly do nothing but lie to us.

I've had a great life and did far more than I ever imagined accomplishing so far. I now have 3 grandkids, a fantastic wife, awesome family and friends and no money worries. I don't think I can ask for more than that.
Just be yourself and everything else will follow.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
here is an interesting video about twins separated at birth who met up 39 years later...
I think it says something about DESTINY.....

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The Universal Law of Causation (a quasi religious term), or "nothing can happen without cause", would indicate that much of life is predetermined for you. Until you consider that you do actually make choices. So no, there is no destiny, only probability.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Relax Kdog. Things should get better, but you will have to play a part. They don't happen all by themselves. I think I've been down that road you are traveling (Is it still bumpy, full of potholes and rocks?).

It took me a while, but once I accepted my current (not future) lot in life and my own faults which had brought it about, I found it easier to move on. It doesn't happen overnight and is a long fight. But it's worth it in the long run.

Depression can be a MF'er as it feeds upon you and makes itself stronger, but I don't think that you are suffering from the clinical type. Just the life happens type. Be strong Brother. You helped me a bit back and I hope that I can do the same for you.

Looking forward to seeing ya come back!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I have followed a path for years if I'm honest. And it's not been the right path. It's been one of anger, Pain and hurt with no love. But I felt I had to follow it for the sake of a small child, My son. I have thought about getting off life's roller coaster in the past. I'm sad and a bit embarrassed to admit, But I'm just being truthful here. Now things are changing rapidly. Only yesterday I got a good offer on the house so fingers crossed that will be going. I will also be divorced prob around Feb. Some paths you cannot follow forever. People can kid themselves like I did that it's going to work out fine, When deep down you know they are not. Now a new path awaits and I'm excited and scared ( without sounding macho, nothing scares me). But now I do feel a little scared!. But hey I'm hoping something works out for me. I don't know when but I will make sure I will be ready
. I don't want to look back in years to come and just feel an empty pit. I believe anybody can change there path anytime. It's hard and won't be easy. I hope things really work out for you. I will be rooting for you

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Simplified. Come on and enjoy the ride. Just remember to keep your hands and feet inside at all times.
Just don't puke on me.

top topics

join