It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I know if it's Chemtrails or not? Pictures from my neighborhood today.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lifesclan

Thanks for directing me to a government website...

Here try this one..

contrailscience.com...

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Lifesclan

network dude
reply to post by Lifesclan

Those are nice pictures of contrails. Click here to learn.

Good picture quality.

Thanks for directing me to a government website...

This link is from the University of Wisconsin:
cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

Here is another non-government link -- it is to a paper written in 1972 by Dr. Robert Knollenberg from the University of Chicago. He doesn't specifically explain the science behind the persistence of contrails (that's not the purpose of this paper), but his subject matter (growth of ice budget in a persistent contrail) does touch upon some ideas regarding how contrails persist in the first place:

cires.colorado.edu...
[Note: Link opens directly to a pdf file]

edit on 12/19/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
OP,

you living like 20mls from the world's biggest and busiest airport O'Hare as I once did when I was living in Arlington Heights.

And you point at the sky not knowing what a contrail is? I am asking you..SERIOUSLY???
You have never seen a contrail before? You have never seen planes leaving trails before, in an area where...planes are landing/starting in 20 second intervals?

And to answer your question:

If someone would want to prove to me that "chemtrails" are real, I would like evidence, say that someone took samples and had them looked at in a lab..proving to me that someone for whoever reason would "spray" whatever substance for whatever purpose.

But wait, in the last few years, chemtrails believers have conveniently shifted their theory...today it's not about someone spraying substances anymore...now it's all of a sudden weather manipulation...or obstruction of the sun...or whatever far-fetched theory...possibly since some realized they will never have evidence for a "substance" sprayed..so another "reason" for chemtrails had to be found...
edit on 42013R000000ThursdayAmerica/Chicago39PMThursdayThursday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Lifesclan
And if they truly are contrails then why do they always cover the sun and form larger 'cloud' cover?

Whether they cover eth sun or not is a matter of geometry - if a contrail covers the sun where you are then move 10 miles away and it probably won't.

Expanding to form larger cloud cover is due to ice nucleation - eg see this - basically if the atmosphere is "supersaturated with respect to ice" then ice will not actually form until the temperature is a long way below 0 deg C -37 according to that nucleation article.

The engine exhaust provides nucleation to enable the ice to freeze - and then the subsequent contrail provides more nucleation for the surrounding atmosphere to freeze.

This process continues for as long as there are appropriate atmospheric conditions - which might be a lot or a little - and when there is a lot you get a big cloud sheet.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FarmerGeneral

Sunny days turn into cloudy days.

Doesn't that happen naturally without planes, so how does that prove chemtrails exist?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

You have never seen planes leaving trails before, in an area where...planes are landing/starting in 20 second intervals?

Actually you don't see those big contrails that are called chemtrails coming from planes taking off or landing, but they would be from overflights.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

We've heard the persistent contrail pitch, 1,000,000 times.

You know what amazes me is the fact that you haven't been able to do enough research after hearing about it 1,000,000 times. Aren't you a little curious about that pitch after hearing it that much, because I know I would be.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

You have never seen planes leaving trails before, in an area where...planes are landing/starting in 20 second intervals?

Actually you don't see those big contrails that are called chemtrails coming from planes taking off or landing, but they would be from overflights.

On VERY VERY rare occasions they can.Back in the 1970s at Gatwick airport on a very cold and foggy winters day,the airport was closed until about midday when the fog finally lifted.I saw several dozen or more airliners taking off leaving short duration contrails (and yes I do know the difference between the smokey turbojet engines used on 1970s airliners (anyone remember Convair Coronados?) and contrails),by short duration I mean about 10 seconds or so.
The weather that day apart from the cold and the fog was I think very high pressure (1040 mb or there abouts),and once the ground fog had gone,we could see contrails of aircraft approaching from the west reporting on VHF radio as they passed Lands End,some 200 miles away from us.We could see the trails all the time until they were directly over the top of us,and in that time they had hardly spread out at all,even from when we could first see them over Lands End.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

Depends how cold is it - here's a double rarity - contrail from a helicopter AND at ground level!

-source

Here's another -

Cessna 208 Caravan with a PT6 turboprop -source - not sure about the location I would guess Canada or Alaska

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

PRS395
Yes they are chemtrails. They are obvious though you will have plethera of disinfo ice crystal conjecture thrust upon you if it hasn't already.

SW FL 2 or 3 days ago sucked and it looked like a giant tree sprouting from Miami. This was at dusk. Yea, I beleive it was monday.

Agreed these are chemtrails. The level of disinfo is such at it appears to be shills answering shills on ATS ... at least when it comes to chemtrails.

SE Alabama had more than a few trails today. Not total suckage, but enough to be a downer on the day. On the horizon, the sky has an unnatural overcast hue. Make no mistake, spraying these chemicals is a crime against humanity. The perps, from top management to the lowest pilot, need to be held accountable. Just like the effin Nazis.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

Oh look, there's a weather front moving into Alabama tomorrow too. And you have lots of contrails lingering today.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

Make no mistake, spraying these chemicals is a crime against humanity. The perps, from top management to the lowest pilot, need to be held accountable. Just like the effin Nazis.

Well then feel free to hold them accountable, but one problem who are they?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

juspassinthru
[
Agreed these are chemtrails.

why are they chemtrails? What identifies them as such?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

PLAYERONE01
honestly bro you are posting on the wrong site for any kind of open minded feedback on this topic.

I feel that using critical thinking, logic, and scientific knowledge to discuss the phenomenon of trails left by high-altitude planes is quite open-minded.

To be close minded would mean ignoring the scientific knowledge on the subject and critical thinking, and just blindly accepting claims made on he internet.

Ignoring the scientific knowledge. Yup, that's what the contrail theorists do. They're stuck into believing the word "chemtrail" means they're spraying us with deadly toxins. Never-mind the science behind what they're really doing....like Weather Modification. Yeah, let's stick to "science"

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

No one has said it HAS to be deadly chemicals. But you can't get around the sheer volume required to be carried to spread across the volume of sky that is seen, or that there is not necessarily a reason that the trail would be visible at all.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

juspassinthru

PRS395
Yes they are chemtrails. They are obvious though you will have plethera of disinfo ice crystal conjecture thrust upon you if it hasn't already.

SW FL 2 or 3 days ago sucked and it looked like a giant tree sprouting from Miami. This was at dusk. Yea, I beleive it was monday.

Agreed these are chemtrails. The level of disinfo is such at it appears to be shills answering shills on ATS ... at least when it comes to chemtrails.

SE Alabama had more than a few trails today. Not total suckage, but enough to be a downer on the day. On the horizon, the sky has an unnatural overcast hue. Make no mistake, spraying these chemicals is a crime against humanity. The perps, from top management to the lowest pilot, need to be held accountable. Just like the effin Nazis.

Calling those who don't agree with you shills is akin to admitting you are a complete idiot and have no capabilities to make a coherent argument to support your ludicrous point. I'll have to assume this is your position unless you can form an argument to support why chemtrails are any more real than unicorn piss.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ok, now I'm confused again, hahaha.... The early replies I received suggested contrails and only contrails, now I'm getting a heavy mix of chemtrails... Back at square one I guess....hahahaha

I never knew that this was such a divided topic like 9/11

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Jet emissions are toxic. All of them. None of them are good.

There is nothing good about a contrail. Nothing good comes from their persistence. They alter the climate and the water budget and cause global dimming.

Stratospheric emissions have huge effects on climate.

Urban areas with lots of air traffic are subject to more heat retention than other areas.

All contrails are chemtrails. All jet emissions create chemtrails even when they're not visible. Most cirrus (high altitude clouds that never rain) is so thin that it is invisible. What you see is not even the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

Did you just wake up today or just s****d? Fill in the blanks.

Did you just learn the term Chemtrails? And you haven't found any information on anything pertaining to the word Chemtrails?

Sorry, I'm not taking the bait.

If you can't see the difference between contrails and chemtrails(this is not the real technical term)(and I am not going to search for it to appease the paid perps that try to steer everything clear of this topic every time) and if you have been looking up at the sky for over 35 years,....

Deny Ignorance, Stupidity!

If you don't do your own(Real)(Reality) work, than just call me wrong. I can live with that.
I don't get paid nor do I have to remember what I say because if you ask me the same question over and over........

Finish that

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join