It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ph - Something in the water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
PH - The measure of hydrogen ions (H+)

I learnt something about this in class, right?

Yes, but not a lot.... Not enough.

If there is a conspiracy here, it is that PH and its significance are not bought enough to our attention as trusting souls. You may not even recall a mention of PH in your education.

The body, your body, is around 70% water. Your body has a PH level. For us as Humans, maintaining an alkaline fluid system might not be as critical as other matters eg looking before you cross the road, but it can mean the difference between a healthy system and one which is riddled with disease. Things from bellyache and eczema, to cancer.

Unlike a plant, a human won't be so critically affected by adverse PH levels in its system; instead, we will survive, but with a susceptibility to diseases and poor wellbeing...or 'poorbeing' - Some live with horrendous disabilities and disease for decades.

Nurturing plants, although having its own reward, taught me something for my efforts - Give a plant alkaline water and no matter how ideal the other conditions, no matter how much nutrients are fed, it won't work out. We need the opposite with regards to PH...just as we have the opposite regarding gasses, but we share the need for a healthy PH level within our system.

Green Tea, lemon & lime juice (squeezed fresh), or a bottle of organic apple cider vinegar - Have one of these in your house and diet everyday and it will be an easy first step. Ultimately, you can adjust your entire diet around this principle. A bad PH is really easy, and perhaps even quite enjoyable to achieve, but all I ask is that you bear in mind how acidic pleasures can affect your short, mid and long term health; as well as adversely affecting your every function, organ and cell.

Look after yourself....and each other.

PH food chart

Wiki PH

edit on 18-12-2013 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
You are on the right track OP. We need to maintain ourselves at a PH of around 7.0-7.2. Many people are well below this as our diets have been manipulated to be acidic during processing. Caner and many ailments thrive under these conditions. Drink some bi carb soda added to a glass of water now and again and buy a PH test kit. Very cheap.
edit on 19-12-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Very true.

The importance of PH is largely absent in education and in the public's understanding. Also, I can not personally recall a Doctor or G.P. ever considering PH levels worthy of a mention, even for minor complaints such as heart burn or dermatological issues.

Coffee/tea, cigarettes, processed fruit juices, candy/sweets, energy drinks, fast food - for some this is almost all they consume.

The chart in the OP is great way to make a difference.

join