It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul preparing to sue NSA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Rand Paul Plots NSA Class-Action Lawsuit Options.

After months of consideration, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., is moving closer to filing a lawsuit in federal court against National Security Agency surveillance programs.

A senior Paul staffer says U.S. District Court Judge Richard Leon's Monday decision that NSA opponents have standing to sue over the bulk collection of phone records makes Paul "much more likely" to file his own lawsuit.

The senator has not firmly decided to file suit and it's still possible Paul will choose to instead assist with three already-filed lawsuits against the NSA.

If Paul does file a lawsuit it would be the fourth major legal attack against the NSA's bulk collection and five-year storage of American phone records.

As the tyranny of government grows, its not as taboo to act against the government. Well I mean, when youre in the government.

Like most boys' clubs, you never act against "your own". Everyone knows that.

I think that Rand has the establishment confused. Sometimes he endorses the establishment position, other times he challenges them as he did with his drone filibuster, the NDAA and SOPA.

But I'm sure that they dont hate him as much as they hated his father. Dr. Ron Paul actually had the nerve to introduce a Bill which would have made it illegal for the government to commit crimes...

And people wonder why the establishment hated Dr. Paul and why he couldnt get legislation passed...

It starts at 1:57

edit on 18-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I'm not really sure how to feel about Rand Paul. On the one hand.. love his dad... love his ideas. On the other hand.. Rand seems like a douche sometimes.

I really lost faith in Rand when I heard he tried to have Abby Martin fired for asking him a question.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Thats what happens when your an politician and visit some Israeli officials.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
He's only doing this to garner political support.
You all should have realized Rand is a useless greedy git the moment he refused to support his father and supported Romney instead.
He's only concerned about getting to the trough before it's empty.
As far as I am concerned he is persona non grata.
If he'll betray his father...he'll betray America in a heartbeat.

-Peace-
edit on 19-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Correction

edit on 19-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I disagree.

Its a foregone conclusion that everyone was expected to back the nominee.

I think that he goes along to get along.

If he didnt side with the establishment every so often, he would be black listed just like his father and thats something we want to avoid.

We need some good people in government.
edit on 19-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: tense

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Cris Cristie Or Rand Paul ..............CHOOSE ! .......... Where is Option 3 GOP ?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The Ron and Rand Paul illusion. They are part of the order as well as the show.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

gladtobehere
I think that he goes along to get along.

You have fallen for the same fallacy trap every other Rand supporter has.
Had he supported his father (and likely lost GOP support in the process) he would have demonstrated he pocessed the integrity crucial to every good leader that truely stood for the people and not big business.
Instead he did like every other politician (with but a handful of exceptions) in the last 150 years and cast his integrity aside when it became inconvenient.
That's not the kind of leadership America needs...that's the kind of leadership America already has.

-Peace-
edit on 19-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Alteration

edit on 19-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

new topics

top topics

join