It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson: The Latest Victim of the PC Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by Domo1

They are not idiots, he is college educated, his sons as well.

That doesn't keep them from being idiots!! I know Phd's that are idiots.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

olaru12

Stormdancer777
reply to post by Domo1

Many are running the country.

Oh the irony.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

olaru12

Why exactly is/was he an idiot? For expressing his personal opinion and beliefs?

How far down the rabbit hole have we gone?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by Domo1

I never said they were idiots. I also don't at all think they are. They run a very lucrative business and have marketed themselves amazingly well. I wouldn't go genius but I certainly think they are some smart cookies. I don't think a college education is indicative of intelligence for the most part anyway. I've known some very bright fast food workers and some very stupid professionals with degrees. I said they were backwards. I think their belief system in this regard is backwards.

Was it hillbillies? I don't think of hillbillie as a pejorative term, at least not one directed at intelligence. I would have said rube.
edit on 1820131220131 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Couldn't agree more.

Religion aside, it sure doesn't look good when people actually connect and relate to a guy who's not only brutally honest but also hard working,resourceful,and has strong family values.

They asked a question,he answered it...God forbid you don't get it "right!"

He's the first one to ADMIT he's made mistakes, is far from a perfect man, and I think in some ways, he's more suited to "lead" than many?

I don't know the man but anyone who started out selling their product from a truck bed in a Walmart parking lot and grew a business gets my attention.

He threatens the fattening of the herd in many respects

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The dude can and did say whatever he wants, he is perfectly free to do so. A&E is also free to act on his words however they choose.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Just go to the link. The scorecard looks like a pinball machine already over 16,000 votes for Phil!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Need we remind people that this is a pseudo-reality show on a pseudo-history channel? We watch a few guys run a duck-call company for entertainment. This is the state of our culture.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Sabreblade
A&E said, "We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty,"
So if his own personal beliefs are not reflected on the show and he has been on there since the beginning....why did they suspend him?

They'll bring him back. Just like they did Dog the bounty Hunter....too many people are angry with the network. He is allowed to state his religious beliefs whether we agree with him or not. It's no secret he's religious.......

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Kali74
The dude can and did say whatever he wants, he is perfectly free to do so. A&E is also free to act on his words however they choose.

Repeated for honesty.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

pavil

olaru12

Why exactly is/was he an idiot? For expressing his personal opinion and beliefs?

He was an idiot for signing a contract and then thinking he can say what he wants during an interview. There has been people more famous than him that has been canned for what they said during interviews. And for the people saying it violates he free speech no it doesn't because he gave those rights up when he signed the contract.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

buster2010

pavil

olaru12

He was an idiot for signing a contract and then thinking he can say what he wants during an interview. There has been people more famous than him that has been canned for what they said during interviews. And for the people saying it violates he free speech no it doesn't because he gave those rights up when he signed the contract.

I highly doubt he cares. They don't strike me as the type of people that are willing to compromise their sense of morality for a TV show or for money. When A&E informed him of the contract being terminated he probably told them to go pound sand. That family can get by without A&E just fine.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

buster2010

pavil

olaru12

I'm certain he doesn't care. He's the kind of man who acts like a man and that means he speaks his truth.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Go Phil! Express yourself without worrying about it we all support you!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

But did he?

It depends very much on what was in the contract. Since I doubt you are privy to it and the terms in it, then you are no more qualified to comment on its terms than anyone else here.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

TheSubversiveOne
Need we remind people that this is a pseudo-reality show on a pseudo-history channel? We watch a few guys run a duck-call company for entertainment. This is the state of our culture.

Somehow that worries me less than the ones who spent all their time watching a group of 20-somethings getting drunk and laid for entertainment ... also known as Jersey Shore.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
In that case A&E blows.
Why can't people have their own opinions?
Land of the free.....all that horse crap.
"OMG, what if someone gets offended?"
THE WORLD WILL END. PERIOD.
YOU MUST ACCEPT EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING THEY DO.
we just can't accept what YOU think or do.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If we couldn't say something because it might offend someone, then what would THIS website look like?

link   

beezzer

Kali74

Repeated for honesty.

That's probably the best summation this little event is going to get, especially if there is a contract (which I didn't think of).

Sonofa... I'm referring to Kali's comment

My thingamajig is acting all weird

link   
reply to post by buster2010

How much do we get for giving up our freedom of speech these days?
I could use some extra Christmas money and have nothing important to say anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join