It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson: The Latest Victim of the PC Police

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Darth_Prime
The thing is, as a proponent of free speech, one has to accept that people will say things you don't agree with, Freedoms go both ways (or should)

again, what he said is offensive, sure it is. if he is too busy having intercourse with his family members to realize that no matter Gay, Straight, or Bisexual we are Humans, that is on him

See what i did there

I can't respect you for this statement. You return stones with stones. Nothing respectable about such pettiness.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Can Christians get married in every state?

Yes, only because our founders were Christian. Parts of our new system still preserve elements of the old one that we started with.

Can Christians adopt children?

Just as well as gays, although I notice a lot more heterosexual couples being targeted by DHS and CPS than any homosexual couples with children.

Do Christians get fired simply for being Christian?

Yes, actually. Quite a bit. I know people who've personally experienced this.

You wouldn't hear about that in the Liberal media, though.

You'd only hear about it happening to gays.

Do people mind if Christians are heading boy scout troops or teaching their children?

Yes, because outside of the Christian community, Christians aren't exactly popular anymore.

Kids get suspended from school for having Bible's in their backpacks, or Christmas trees on their shirts. In fact, I personally have been sent to in school suspension for carrying a Bible through school, as well as being penalized for referencing God.

Please! You can claim this is a "liberal culture" but I don't agree.

Maybe not completely, but its growing rapidly.

Its trendy to be Liberal.

It's not that. It's that gays, blacks and women have historically been oppressed. There's a history that must be taken into consideration.

True, but look at who's being oppressed now.

Its anyone but those people.

But everyone's whining about the past rather than focusing on fixing the present.

That's why I participate in discussions such as these. But I don't think I'm getting anywhere. LOL

Depends on who you talk to

link   

WilsonWilson

Restricted
I find it amazing that he is being skewered for acting and speaking like a real man.

In what way has he acted like a real man?

I dunno...maybe because he didnt lie through his effing teeth and give an "acceptable" answer and instead was actually true to himself and gave his actual opinion?

Perhaps because he didnt effing weenie out on the question like a....weenie...would?

Maybe because he had the intestinal fortitude to speak his mind instead of lying?

I mean, really? WTF?

link   

XxNightAngelusxX

olaru12

XxNightAngelusxX

Just trying to understand the rules here...

The rules are actually very simple in this case. Don't say something stupid that reflects on the people that pay your salary.

So... abandon your opinion to continue getting paid, then?

In that case, I applaud him for getting fired rather than being a social sell-out.

Sell out?

As a small businessman, If you say something that affects my business and it hurts my bottom line, it has nothing to do with social relevancy. You're toast, fired, hit the bricks, adios. What is it about business that you can't understand?

A&E made a business decision. One of their sponsors didn't like Phil's attitude and threatened to bail. I would think all the keyboard conservatives would support business and the right to run it as the owners see fit.
edit on 19-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Domo1
Do you really think the guy eating squirrel brains is going to be the pinnacle of political correctness?

Unless you've eaten them, I suggest you leave squirrel brains out of this.

If you had ever eaten them, I doubt you would use them in the way you did.

BTW, which foods would indicate that a person is politically correct?

Harte

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Benevolent Heretic
Do Christians get fired simply for being Christian?

"I live not by bread alone, but by every Word that God utters (records)." - Jesus Christ

To be a true Christian you must obey God's laws; God's law defines sin as "the transgression of God's law/Word" over 40 times in scripture.

So yes, Phil got fired for answering a direct question as Christians are taught to do, by using the Word of God.

Phil answered his questions in the correct manner for obedient Christians. And he was fired for it.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

WilsonWilson

Restricted
I find it amazing that he is being skewered for acting and speaking like a real man.

For NOT selling out to the media and his employers, and instead of saying what they *wanted* him to say, speaking his true opinion, like so many of us are afraid to do anymore?

I think that's pretty ballsy.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

A&E is run by gutless p******.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

antonia
reply to post by WilsonWilson

I don't know. If I was a high profile TV celebrity I'd probably steer clear of hot button issues too. I can only say what I think on the matter. I think the fact he is voicing an opinion most of them agree with is what informs their opinion. If he had been sacked for endorsing some extreme liberal cause such as the abolition of private property I doubt they would be crying right now. It's impossible to just bring it down to the core issue for many people.

But he wouldn't have been sacked for supporting that or any other liberal issue.
edit on 19-12-2013 by Logarock because: n

link   

bbracken677

WilsonWilson

Restricted

I dunno...maybe because he didnt lie through his effing teeth and give an "acceptable" answer and instead was actually true to himself and gave his actual opinion?

Perhaps because he didnt effing weenie out on the question like a....weenie...would?

Maybe because he had the intestinal fortitude to speak his mind instead of lying?

I mean, really? WTF?

I dont think he would have had to lie, if he's well known as a old fashioned Christian then i dont think anybody would be that shocked to think he's against the homosexual lifestyle. I dont think his actual comment was as offensive as it's made out to be, as other people have said already.
However if my partner lost his job because he made a comment in public that some poeple found offensive, i wouldnt think he was a real man.
i'd say a real man keeps his job and brings home some money!

link   
reply to post by Harte

best guess? Tofu.

link   
reply to post by Restricted

Or maybe the people there find his comments offensive.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

As a small businessman, If you say something that affects my business and it hurts my bottom line, it has nothing to do with social relevancy. You're toast, fired, hit the bricks, adios. What is it about business that you can't understand?

No offense, but this is why I don't respect anyone in business.

Its always duty over morals.

Ever notice what big corporations do...?

I think individual integrity and staying true to yourself is more important than staying loyal to a business, money and bills be damned. And I've been in that situation before.

So, lying about the way you feel to get paid is, indeed, "selling out."

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Restricted

That's easily explained by the fact that America is in the midst of the Great Emasculation where all things traditionally associated with being "manly" are contempted by the media. It is a culture shift of sorts.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

WilsonWilson

This isn't about being offensive. It's about the almighty dollar.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Thats a load of rubbish, there is not set of stock answers that christian must give when answering a question.
basically it comes down to he phrased it badly.
there are probly umpteen others ways he could have said the same thing and been fine.

link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Nothing he said was offensive. Its what he believes...

If you get offended off someone elses beliefs that's just sad... Why? Because everyone has beliefs and they shouldn't be judged.

-SAP-

link   

Restricted

WilsonWilson

This isn't about being offensive. It's about the almighty dollar.

I agree it sounds like a publicity stunt to me.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Restricted
reply to post by olaru12

A&E is run by gutless p******.

Pictures or it didn't happen....

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Logarock

But he wouldn't have been sacked for supporting that or any other liberal issue.
edit on 19-12-2013 by Logarock because: n

No, people have been sacked for that. Cenk of TYT was sacked for being too hard on Democrats, Bill Maher was sacked for apparently being offensive about 9/11, Stern was repeatedly fined by the FCC for the content of his show and eventually left free radio altogether. It is possible to be fired for being too liberal.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join