It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson: The Latest Victim of the PC Police

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And if you still don't think Phil resonates with the populous look at this thread. 10 pages overnight on 1st Amendment issues. Did he plan this? Maybe, he's far from stupid.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thought Criminals will be sought out, targeted and exposed!

And punished; shunned by the Kollective.

Any public utterance with less than solemn reverence for the Designated Protected Class will not be Tolerated.

Unity is the Eradication of Dissent, only in Lockstep Compliance in Purity of Thought can Society hope to Move Forward, komrades!

I look Forward to the Re-Education of this Enemy of The People.

Let his transgression be a lesson to all who dare disagree with the Current Truth!

You will komply, by whatever means necessary, for your own good.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

antonia
reply to post by bbracken677

First, there is no "intolerance" here. Phil said something and people responded. They have the right to do that. No one has to sit there and shut up simply because you want them to. Secondly, You don't get to whine and preach about how people should accept your opinions when you won't accept the opinions of others.

Wait... I cannot express my opinion? I dont think that is what you mean. I do NOT expect other's to "accept" my opinion. I am fully aware that there is little chance that I will chance anyone's opinion. I am 59 years old and it doesnt take that many years to figure out that most people's opinion will NOT be changed even when presented with pristine logic.

I am not saying other's cannot express their opinion .. where do you get that? I have repeatedly used the term punish ...

I have repeatedly expressed dismay that people take what he has said to be of importance, and yet our govt is getting away with trashing our constitution. If people will get this outraged over a yokel's statement in an interview WHY are they not absolutely outraged over the govt's actions?

I do get to whine...I am whining about his "punishment" not that people shouldnt disagree...wtf? I have repeatedly stated that we have the right to express our opinions. I have also stated that the importance of this matter seems to be way overstated as opposed to REAL issues we face.

Try again

edit on 19-12-2013 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

The Family should take their ball and go to another playground (Network).

He made no slur against people, he stated his personal view and that was it.

Yet crybabies like GLAD bangs their drums and get A&E to cower to them.

No problem. I will now support this family and their products.
I will never watch A&E unless they reinstate him.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

antonia

Logarock

Don't kid yourself. This is intolerance in flying colors. He didn't even say what he did on the show but to an unrelated news source and his public position on a tv show is jeopardized.

He is a public figure and was a representative of A&E. What he says reflects on their channel. They took steps to protect what is their bottom line. That's not intolerance, it's business.

This comes from somewhere else. If where a matter of the almighty dollar they wouldn't have fired him. The gay guy that does the wedding gown show, whatever its called, his audience probably doesn't care what goes on over on the Duck show and visa versa. There are other reality shows with prominent gay figures. Different audiences.

No this comes from on high. Its about teaching the backwoods rednecks a thing about their anti gay speech. Rednecks are to dumb to tune the channel if one of their own goes down so no real revenue loss was anticipated by the suits over at A&E. Nope this is about teaching those old backwoods bible bangers a thing or two.

edit on 19-12-2013 by Logarock because: n

link   
Bigotry is bad for business.
Want to stay on TV, don't spout your backward xenophobic beliefs where people can see.

link   

intrepid
And if you still don't think Phil resonates with the populous look at this thread. 10 pages overnight on 1st Amendment issues.

Yeah, and the first amendment has NOTHING to do with this! All that shows is that, like Sarah Palin, the majority of the people here don't even know what the First Amendment IS.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by LDragonFire

How is he wrong. He was asked about HIS view on this issue. What was he supposed to do? Lie? Anyone that watches him knows he wouldn't lie.

I think people can't handle the truth people have become to sensitive.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't know why America cares what these people say or do? I have much better things to waste my time on than watching these guys. The show IMO looks horrible, maybe one step up from Honey Bo Bo.

I don't know why anyone is surprised the guy in the show would say something like that -- I mean just look at the dude. I haven't watched the show but I could have told you just by profiling his appearance he'd probably not be in favor of the homosexual lifestyle.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Pretty much, we also talking about a public that goes to wal-mart once a year every friday and beats each other down over TV's. Call me a snob, but I'll take the public with a grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Benevolent Heretic

intrepid
And if you still don't think Phil resonates with the populous look at this thread. 10 pages overnight on 1st Amendment issues.

Yeah, and the first amendment has NOTHING to do with this! All that shows is that, like Sarah Palin, the majority of the people here don't even know what the First Amendment IS.

How is it NOT a 1st issue?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

bbracken677

antonia
reply to post by Logarock

Oh and non-progressives don't do that? I remember Obama being accused of being a communist because he didn't wear enough flag pins. Really, stop pretending progressives are somehow the only people who go after others with opinions that are different than theirs. As a person who lives in the south I could tell you about the amount of abuse I've received from people here because I don't share their beliefs.

ahh yes....

let's justify our own intolerance with the intolerance of others. This is how wars start.

That's not what you mean. You mean in lieu of war why don't you guys just lay down and let us kick you. You dumb rednecks.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

intrepid

How is he wrong. He was asked about HIS view on this issue. What was he supposed to do? Lie? Anyone that watches him knows he wouldn't lie.

I expect him to own it. He isn't a coward no reason to start acting like one now. Whats the point of having free speech if your not going to use it.
edit on 19-12-2013 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by intrepid

Did the government infringe on his right to say what he said?

link   
This guy is the classic demographic under fire in this pathetic country. It's now hip to discriminate against

White

Conservative

Heterosexual

Males

link   

MystikMushroom
I don't know why America cares what these people say or do? I have much better things to waste my time on than watching these guys. The show IMO looks horrible, maybe one step up from Honey Bo Bo.

I don't know why anyone is surprised the guy in the show would say something like that -- I mean just look at the dude. I haven't watched the show but I could have told you just by profiling his appearance he'd probably not be in favor of the homosexual lifestyle.

So you are one of those people who judges a book from its cover? wow and your a moderator?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

LDragonFire

intrepid

I expect him to own it. He isn't a coward no reason to start acting like one now. Whats the point of having free speech if your not going to us it.

How will he "own" it? "Yes, I said those things and that is my opinion and beliefs." Seems redundant to me.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Don't get biblical? Really? Phil Robertson used the Bible as the source of his hatred.

edit on 19-12-2013 by PixieWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

antonia
reply to post by intrepid

Did the government infringe on his right to say what he said?

Ah, you're talking about the REAL version of the 1st, not the perceived one that everyone is concerned with now. You are correct BUT that is not what is being parlayed in today's political arena.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

PixieWizard
reply to post by Restricted

Don't get biblical? Really? Phil Robertson used the Bible as the source of his hatred.

edit on 19-12-2013 by PixieWizard because: (no reason given)

Do you comprehend sarcasm?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join