It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson: The Latest Victim of the PC Police

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

jtap66
Religion is just the best!

You can say any ignorant, backwards, hateful, bigoted thing you want and then cry persecution when people call you out on your stone-age stupidity.

The biggest con in history. Hands-down.

The greatest con in history has been the couching of nonsense as progressive. The inability of aberrant thought to deal with opposition. Calling folks ignorant while parading their heads about on a platter. Publically impaling opposition in the name of diversity and societal evolution.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

LDragonFire
Phil is a evangelical conservative, he is in a group that more than advocates being responsible for your own actions. He said some really hurtful things, but is being portrayed as the victim, by those who share his views.

Phil needs to stand up and be a man and own up to his mistake.

btw I do like Duck Dynasty and the family, but when your wrong just stand up and face the music, besides open honest dialogue would be a benefit for everyone.

I really dislike the program and therefore do not watch it. I find it to be an indictment on our society that there is so much duck dynasty crap available to purchase. It must be selling or the displays etc would disappear.

Nevertheless, I believe an individual, even one I do not like nor agree with, should be able to voice an opinion without being hammered by those who are "offended".

Jeez...man up people. What he said will in no way, form or fashion, affect your lives.

What the govt is doing, however, is not only negatively affecting your lives, but will negatively impact our lives at increasing rates as these fools violate our constitution. You want to be offended? Be offended about that proportionally to how offended you are about what some yokel says.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Oh and non-progressives don't do that? I remember Obama being accused of being a communist because he didn't wear enough flag pins. Really, stop pretending progressives are somehow the only people who go after others with opinions that are different than theirs. As a person who lives in the south I could tell you about the amount of abuse I've received from people here because I don't share their beliefs.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Benevolent Heretic

No, I just don't follow that sort of news. Can you provide a link or not?

Just goggle it. Its been all over the press just these last few days.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Logarock

jtap66
Religion is just the best!

You can say any ignorant, backwards, hateful, bigoted thing you want and then cry persecution when people call you out on your stone-age stupidity.

The biggest con in history. Hands-down.

The greatest con in history has been the couching of nonsense as progressive. The inability of aberrant thought to deal with opposition. Calling folks ignorant while parading their heads about on a platter. Publically impaling opposition in the name of diversity and societal evolution.

It's funny how the "enlightened progressives" cannot deal with any voice of opposition.

PUNISH THEM!! THEY DO NOT THINK AS I DO!!!

I HAVE BEEN OFFENDED BY HIS WORDS!! PUNISH HIM.

Seriously? What ever happened to tolerance? Maybe I just do not understand the word...perhaps it means punish all those who think/believe differently.....

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

antonia

Oh and non-progressives don't do that? I remember Obama being accused of being a communist because he didn't wear enough flag pins. Really, stop pretending progressives are somehow the only people who go after others with opinions that are different than theirs. As a person who lives in the south I could tell you about the amount of abuse I've received from people here because I don't share their beliefs.

ahh yes....

let's justify our own intolerance with the intolerance of others. This is how wars start.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

First, there is no "intolerance" here. Phil said something and people responded. They have the right to do that. No one has to sit there and shut up simply because you want them to. Secondly, You don't get to whine and preach about how people should accept your opinions when you won't accept the opinions of others.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

antonia

The accusations of him being a communist go much deeper than his flag pins. I don't listen to those tripe little examples anyway. Those are for the folks that don't know what a communist is.

As far as progressives, they are these days the number one protruders into the economic, religious, philosophical reality of others by far. They wont dismantle the Patriot Act, passed a law of two to enhance governments power and now in certain states pushing to make churches do GL weddings. They not only hold any of several garden variety opinions as prehistoric, they also hold defenders of the constitution as ignorant leftovers from a bygone era.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Logarock
Just goggle it. Its been all over the press just these last few days.

I DID bing it. Are you serious? I can't find anything about it. If you have a link, cough it up.

link   

beezzer
In my humble opinion, we've become a nation of sissies, drinking hot chocolate in our onesies, on our parents sofa.

Ha! I love it!

link   
He was asked to define sin (word which requires Biblical support), outside of scripture you cannot define sin.

He then uses God's Word to define what sin is by paraphrasing (and fairly accurately).

He was not asked what is right, according to your views in life; he was asked what is SIN; a definition of which God has provided in numerous scriptures.

He answered honestly and used scripture to support his definition of sin.

Those who took offense are taking offense at God, not Phil. He answered according to the Word, factually what sin is defined as.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

antonia
reply to post by bbracken677

First, there is no "intolerance" here. Phil said something and people responded. They have the right to do that. No one has to sit there and shut up simply because you want them to. Secondly, You don't get to whine and preach about how people should accept your opinions when you won't accept the opinions of others.

Don't kid yourself. This is intolerance in flying colors. He didn't even say what he did on the show but to an unrelated news source and his public position on a tv show is jeopardized.

Not only that.....and lets get ways from Phil as the lightning rod.....whats being really put to the fire here is his quoting of christian scripture which amounts to a stated official position of said scripture. That's the dinosaur they are really after, that the are phobic about.

Biblio-phobic.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

bbracken677
It's funny how the "enlightened progressives" cannot deal with any voice of opposition.

Are the executives at A&E progressive? Or are you just assuming this?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Logarock

Don't kid yourself. This is intolerance in flying colors. He didn't even say what he did on the show but to an unrelated news source and his public position on a tv show is jeopardized.

He is a public figure and was a representative of A&E. What he says reflects on their channel. They took steps to protect what is their bottom line. That's not intolerance, it's business.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
- The guy had a right to his opinion. He knew what speaking his mind could do. He did so anyways.

- The network has a right to put whoever they want on TV AND they have a right to take those people off for whatever reason they want.

Side note - I've never watched the show.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I thought on this as well and I think he started with homosexuality because it a forefront political issue today. He could have started with fornication, adultery, theft, etc but they don't have the impact on today's society as gay issues do. Other political issues he could have used? Abortion? Maybe he doesn't have an issue with abortion. Gun rights? EVERYONE knows his thoughts on that. It would be redundant. Also off the mark for the question asked.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Such a silly time we live in when people have so much hate because of a persons opinion and even worst when its a reality star.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

How is he wrong. He was asked about HIS view on this issue. What was he supposed to do? Lie? Anyone that watches him knows he wouldn't lie.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I don't think he said he was wrong for stating his opinion. He's saying he is wrong for allowing people to paint him as the victim.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join