It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson: The Latest Victim of the PC Police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+74 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

A&E has placed Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson on indefinite hiatus following anti-gay remarks he made in a recent profile in GQ.

"We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty," A&E said in a statement. "His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."

The news comes after Robertson compared homosexuality to bestiality in an interview with the magazine.

Oh? Interesting, BUT NOT WHAT THE MAN SAID TO GQ!

www.gq.com...

“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong,” he says. “Sin becomes fine.”

What, in your mind, is sinful?

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

He's saying that homosexuality, beastiality, sleeping around, etc ARE SINS, not that they are all identical in his mind. The media are being their usual sensationalistic assholes here. They just as easily could have printed the story: "Phil Robertson compares homosexuality to a man having sex with lots of women" but that wouldn't have pissed off the liberals and pissing off the redneck nation doesn't carry nearly the same weight.

This had very little to do with "targeting gays" and everything to do with religious beliefs and traditional morality.

At what point is America going to throw their middle fingers into the air and start treating the PC police with the same disdain so many currently show towards the actual police? Hell, I'd rather be slapped around by a cop than fall victim to one of these ridiculous coordinated efforts to force compliance into the political correctness horsecrap.

(and yes, the Duck Dynasty camo caps and shwag that's wrapped and under the tree for my kids will remain under the tree until they happily open the package on Christmas morning. GLAAD can blow their calls for boycotts out their rear ends.)

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
He and the others are just a tool to get people to watch TV, which means commercials, which is money. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

+91 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

When did the country become a population of cowards, afraid of offending even the smallest group?

I remember "SNL" offending everyone.

"In Living Color" offending everyone.

In my humble opinion, we've become a nation of sissies, drinking hot chocolate in our onesies, on our parents sofa.

When you can no longer laugh at yourself, then you have lost all rights to mock others.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

roadgravel
He and the others are just a tool to get people to watch TV, which means commercials, which is money. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Exactly.

Stir controversy,get casuals involved on an emotionally defensive level, sell your prime-time ad spots. Repeat the process. Make money each time this tactic implemented.

MSNBC and FoxNews are experts at this.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm still in shock people buy their crap. Don't get me wrong if I was them I'd sell you ever stupid merch idea I could.

I suppose I shouldn't be in shock at anything, with Kanye and Nicki Minaj being top "artists".(someone is buying their crap)

You always have the right to free speech but usually someone will be offended, when in a position such as this guy, my opinion strictly, his head got too big.

Money seems to always trump values.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

roadgravel

I've been watching them on Duck Commander, Duckmen, and Buck Commander hunting videos for years, way before A&E came calling. They started producing amatuer for-sale videos way before they ever nabbed a TV contract.

+50 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think suspending him is ridiculous. He expressed an opinion, which one is allowed to do in the United States.

+38 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

This had very little to do with "targeting gays" and everything to do with religious beliefs and traditional morality.

I disagree. This is a SMEAR campaign. This is about politics. Phil is a genuine person with strong beliefs(religious & political) and a calm manner. He's been gaining SO much popularity that the establishment(Rep's AND Dem's) took notice and action. I haven't checked but I wouldn't be surprised to see a website named phil4prez2016.com No, really. He resonates with everyone because of his ethics and the manner in which he delivers it. In an HONEST way.

I disagree with his stance on homosexuality(My son is gay) but I see where he's coming from. I trust the guy. Hell, if he runs I may emigrate to the States. Better politician either of our countries would have. Don't you think that scares the hell out of today's politician?

Btw, this took me about 10 minutes to get the code right. Does THAT say something?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Phil should try a slice of humble pie. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

There is alot of deceit about this show, they claim to be unscripted, uh yeah right. Phil is the first one to split when the authorities come around, because they are breaking the law.
edit on 18-12-2013 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Lysergic
You always have the right to free speech but usually someone will be offended, when in a position such as this guy, my opinion strictly, his head got too big.

Exactly the oposite here. The guy was simply open and honest. If anything, his values are trumping the almighty dollar.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

burdman30ott6

Lysergic

Exactly the oposite here. The guy was simply open and honest. If anything, his values are trumping the almighty dollar.

He made sure not to involve the others, I'm sure they have similar beliefs being brought up around that.

MONEY MONEY

Sure he's the biggot we arent

SEND MORE MONEY

Just curious how many of you have met this man, to know him so well?

I'm not saying he didn't have the right to say, in fact i think its all a bit silly tbh, I dont think he should be kicked off his show.

Yet money makes it all better, right, you telling me he isn't get any of the pie now?
edit on 18-12-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

They started producing amatuer for-sale videos way before they ever nabbed a TV contract.

I guess that wasn't enough money. Now they can see if free speech trumps their desire for money.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

LDragonFire

Phil should try a slice of humble pie. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

Don't get all Biblical on us.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Ly, have you even watched the show? I'll tell you, Phil is laughing his ass off right now. I don't think he wanted to be on the show but he was NEEDED to attract a past audience. He can just chill now. I don't think he minded doing it for Duck Commander because he was just hunting. He probably feels this show as an interruption on his life. The people that are going to be pissed are the people that want to see him.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is nothing more than a ratings ploy! The Religious have come out in their support for this show in droves, from what I have seen based on my town and comments I have seen on various articles. I have heard at least a handful of people who have said they never watched the show, but plan to now as a show of support.

It reminds of of when people flocked to Chick Fillet because of their anti-gay stance.

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

He believes homosexuality is wrong. He didn't say anything hateful. He is allowed to think as he wishes. I found it funny that they are saying his beliefs are not representative of a supposed "REALITY" show, starring him... Odd that.

I don't agree with him, but I get it. Everyone has different morals. I respect that he has lines he believes in and that he is honest.
edit on 12/18/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   

calstorm
This is nothing more than a ratings ploy! The Religious have come out in their support for this show in droves...

Dude, I'm an agnostic with a gay son. He loves the show to btw.

link   

intrepid
reply to post by Lysergic

Ly, have you even watched the show? I'll tell you, Phil is laughing his ass off right now. I don't think he wanted to be on the show but he was NEEDED to attract a past audience. He can just chill now. I don't think he minded doing it for Duck Commander because he was just hunting. He probably feels this show as an interruption on his life. The people that are going to be pissed are the people that want to see him.

I caught it a few times that old guy was pretty funny when they went turkey hunting. But the whole scripted reality style tv shows just aren't my thing, I mean in all honesty its half a step from flava of love, rock of love, that show with those playboy bunnies, kardashian crapshoot, it's just not my cup'o joe.

Wish I had sponsors, I'd bring back the hammah pants. in camo. diamond gusset in the crotch ohhh yeah

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Who cares, in the long run.

Everyone should just be. . . .

wait for it. . . . .

wait for it. . . . . . . . .

Happy, Happy, Happy

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Lysergic
He made sure not to involve the others, I'm sure they have similar beliefs being brought up around that.

Only Phil was being interviewed by GQ. The entire article focused on him and he commented on a hell of a lot more than just gays.

Just curious how many of you have met this man, to know him so well?

I have relatives in La. that know the whole family fairly well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join