It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parenting and Marriage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
39 years old, been married over 15yrs, have a 19yr old son, 14yr old daughter, and 9yr old son.

One of the transformers movies comes on, its a funny one, i tell hubs he'd actually enjoy this one, he laughs in my face and leaves to shave.

I call downstairs to my 14yr old who loves these movies, she says shes busy... I call to the next room to my 9yr old who just recently watched 1st transformer movie w me and loved it..... "im playing a game mom"
my 19yr old is out...
I call again to 14yr old literally BEGGING her to come cuddle w mom and watch a funny movie. "IM LISTENING TO MUSIC MOM!"
Hubs calls in "quit being such a nuisance obviously nobody wants to spend time with you"..... then adds "why dont you ask one of ur personalities to keep u company".....

i spend a few minutes mumbling to myself about how everyone can suck a giant hairy bleep, while looking up movie times. he asks "what?" i say "nothing dear just visiting with my personalities..."

mom is running away tonight.... mom is going to see we're the millers all by herself, wait, scratch that, mom is going to see we're the millers with her other personalities who are apparently the only people who give a d*** about her... meanwhile everyone else can bite moms big ole butt........

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousgal

Mom needs to cancel cable, phones, internet.

God bless you. My wife just turns off the router when she wants attention. (she only had to do it once)

Our son gets 2 hours of internet/day.

No internet, electronics, social media after 7 pm.

(I cheat sometimes)

But use the mom card. Good luck.!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I feel your pain. You need a huge hug.
I'm a mom. I get it. Enjoy your night out but if you are anything like me, you'll feel guilty for enjoying yourself without them.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

hey beezzer sup sweety?! met u when i first joined over a yr ago, u had lost a bet or something and had to change avatar, met wife of beezzer around same time

glad to see u and thx for ur support

gal

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

oh how right u are, i'll definitely feel guilty but i'll be better there lettin of steam than here biting at everyone all night lol. besides its probably been close to a yr since mom had a night away so i deserve one

gal

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Curiousgal
reply to post by beezzer

hey beezzer sup sweety?! met u when i first joined over a yr ago, u had lost a bet or something and had to change avatar, met wife of beezzer around same time

glad to see u and thx for ur support

gal

Ma'am.

I lost an election bet, many had fun picking my avatar for a week.

My bride was so steamed, she joined just to keep the "bunny" alive.

Hang in there. Your family loves you.

You're "mom".

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I'm a stay at home dad and I have the same problem every now and then love. Kids just won't make time for me and sometimes my husband is just so busy with his practice he can't make any for me either.

That's why I developed rules in my house for certain occasions. Like no electronics Thursdays.

Bring your family together under a common theme every week and you'll get that time you need

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

I'm a stay at home dad and I have the same problem every now and then love. Kids just won't make time for me and sometimes my husband is just so busy with his practice he can't make any for me either.

That's why I developed rules in my house for certain occasions. Like no electronics Thursdays.

Bring your family together under a common theme every week and you'll get that time you need

~Tenth

oh how i love the idea of a scheduled family time but our kids are all such over achievers it seems we rarely get a night all together lol, sundays and tuesdaysi work the overnight shifts, mondays and thursdays are wrestling practice, show choir practice is almost every night, always changing depending on choreographer lol, piano lessons are saturday, and thats just what i can remember off top of my head. we do take 1 long weekend per month over the summer at a cabin which is great family time when the teenagers arent sleeping 16hrs at a time...... lmao! i try to schedule "date nights" 1child at a time just t5o get some 1 on 1 time. its just frustrating during the weekly home chaos when i wind up feeling like a nuisance/burden/whatever lol

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

yes thats it ty for jogging my memory! and thank you again for the support. the kids told me they missd me when i got back and theyre sorry they made me sad, we lovey dovied and alls good.
hubs found out i saw we're the millers and said "i thought we were gonna see that together!!" i said "oh im sorry we can rent it and if you're not too busy tht day maybe u can watch it with me then...."
its sad when a 9yr old and 14yr old get it before a 40yr old figures it out. lol

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

As a husband I can honestly state that we are stupid.

Please forgive us.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

laughed so loud i disrupted hubs' snoring!!! beezzer has anyone told you yet today just how amazing you are? if not i will, you are amazing and i thank you for always bringing a smile to my face

gal

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Awww, bless you ma'am.

I'm an honest (flawed) husband.

But that has served our marriage for over 22 years.

We still laugh every day (that's the secret)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Once again, I am away from my bride.

What did we talk about today?

My cat was humping her leg.

*God* I love my life!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

love it!! yes laughter is key, even when u wanna kill em.. lol! hubs askd what i wanted for our 15yr anniversary, didnt miss a beat as i answered "a divorce!" he said we should wait for 20yr to make it a nice even number lmfao!

we typically wind up laughing about all our arguments which even tho they infuriate us at the time turn into hilarious stories by the next day

gal

new topics

top topics

join