It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The High Cost of Razors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I haven't used a razor but maybe twice in the last 15 years. I see the cost of them and shudder, I agree it's crazy. Got an old pair of electric hair trimmers that are old as I am. Gets it close enough for me, I don't mind the stubble thats left.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Beards are sexy, gentlemen. Think 'ship's captain' beards, something akin to Sean Connery in Hunt for Red October.

Spend the money you save on red wine, the occasional restaurant meal for you and your woman, and tell the Oracle of Omaha, who is getting rich on razors, to stuff it.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here is Gillettes spoof on its own product which just further tells us the cost of these blades are a JOKE.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Wanna boycott??
It is quite simple!
We all know that they have suppressed tech that could keep these razors sharp for a long time.
Stop buying their crap and get the last razor you will ever need.
Get a straight razor.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

g146541

Wanna boycott??
It is quite simple!
We all know that they have suppressed tech that could keep these razors sharp for a long time.
Stop buying their crap and get the last razor you will ever need.
Get a straight razor.

For the cost they should not suppress the tech at least make them last a few months each.

edit on 18-12-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I do agree with you but...
That's the thing, if they did harden their razors better and coat them, they would last a couple of months.
But they aren't gonna and don't expect it, the folks will buy them as they are.
It will continue on as long as folks need to be clean shaven and buy their crap.
A good straight razor is moderately expensive, but it is the last razor you will ever NEED to buy.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It is the water that dulls the blade. I have a thick beard and I am also blessed with "The Horseshoe" so I also shave My head. I used the same inexpensive razor for just over 9 months.. Here is the tip to save You $$$..

When You're done shaving, rinse the cream off and then dip the razor in some rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) let the razor air dry and then put the razor away in a drawer. The same goes for the Female. The Female needs to remove the razor from the shower.. It is the "hard water" that is dulling the blade. A small jar will suffice.. Spend Your $$ on something fun..

namaste

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I won't use anything Gillette anymore since they advertise and are pro Al Jazeera. There are other alternatives I prefer to vote with my wallet, and shave with electric and non electric alternatives.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

signalfire
Beards are sexy, gentlemen. Think 'ship's captain' beards, something akin to Sean Connery in Hunt for Red October.

Spend the money you save on red wine, the occasional restaurant meal for you and your woman, and tell the Oracle of Omaha, who is getting rich on razors, to stuff it.

My last girlfriend also liked the red wine, white wine, all wine idea just like you. I would not recommend this to, um, every one. It, in my opinion would be a very bad idea, Very Bad for some!

Lets just say the ingredient in wine and similar type consumables with that certain ingredient didn't quite go too well with her body chemistry.

I remember pretty vividly one of the last nights I was at here place, she proceeded to throw the full crockpot into the kitchen big picture window which bounced off and all hot ingredients, solid and liquid shot all over the kitchen. I could not believe the window didn't break(I watched it flex in slow motion like a sonic wave) and outside temps, it was about -2 below out with 2 ft of snow on the ground.

Now, this is just one of the events that I experienced within a 4 mth period.

Screw the Wine and Booze. Buy the razors and get rid of the beard!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

MrMaybeNot

geobro
i have been using the same razor blades for 8 years i put them inside a pyramid that is aligned north /south and with the blade 3.33 up google it pyramid sharpner it does work

Sure. Why didn't I think of this before?
your welcome

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

www.dollarshaveclub.com...
I joined this $6/ mo and I'm telling the wife to use them too, good quality, extras to share.
There is a $1/ mo option too!

edit on 19-12-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

My mach 3 blades are $14.99 w/out tax for four blades. These are the cheaper ones but there is really no reason for them costing this much.

So you are paying about the same as me. And you think they are "too expensive"? really? At $35-$40 a year? Well, there's a business opportunity for you. If you think they can be made and distributed more cheaply, show us how it's done!"

PRS395
reply to post by schuyler

I won't use anything Gillette anymore since they advertise and are pro Al Jazeera. There are other alternatives I prefer to vote with my wallet, and shave with electric and non electric alternatives.

Good for you! I'm sure your boycott has an effect. But Al Jazeera is a news organization like CNN, right? There are a lot of left-wingers who boycott Fox News, and a lot of right wingers who boycott MSNBC, so I guess it's a time-honored tradition. Darn Gillette for marketing to muslim men who are compelled to wear beards!
edit on 12/19/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I totally agree they are over priced but I think I can tell you why from my experience knowing some who works in loss management. It is because of the high thefts. One grocery store loblaws, lost over 10 000.00 in sales from them and not one of them went through the cash register, this was in a 36 hour time period.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Sorry I just had to put their video here it is great.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join