It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Nerd In Onesie PJs Drinking Hot Chocolate Selling Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
While we, the American Public are being bombarded with PJ Man marketing idiocy.

The White House and HHS today threatened the Insurance companies with loss of right to sell insurance in the Obomacare exchange next year, if they don't go along with our all powerful Potus and his new ways to break his own laws, to keep his ratings from continuing to drop like a 10 ton weight.

Health industry consultant Kip Piper said HHS doesn't have the authority to enforce what he calls these "political requests." But HHS said it will consider insurers' cooperation now when it decides which ones can participate on the insurance exchanges next year.

"They are simultaneously asking insurers to assume the cost and risk of non-payment, taking public credit for it, and threatening insurers with loss of business if they don't comply," said Piper, a former government and insurance industry official.

www.usatoday.com...

Des

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

markosity1973
Oh you Americans......

You finally catch up with the rest of the developed world and give your citizens free healthcare like they deserve and all you do is moan.

UUH HELLO!! Have you read ANY of the threads on Ocare? Either some major changes happened today, or you haven't. The only ones getting FREE health care are the people already getting it from welfare,etc. Everyone else is getting to pay more(for less I might add).

Just for the record you don't receive free healthcare either if you pay taxes.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by colddeadhands

Technically we pay for our healthcare too via or taxes, it is known as the medicare levy. We can get a rebate in our taxes from the govt scheme if one purchases private health insurance.

The main issue obama is trying to wrestle with is a total lack of state owned hospitals. Here in the rest of the world, we have not run for profit public hospitals and private ones that offer better care and shorter waiting lists if you opt for private health, cover. So, yes i was incorrect when i said the word free, but obama is just trying to move you all over to a similar system as most other countries have.

I suspect insurance companies and hospitals are capitalizing on the confusion and scamming people into paying higher levies through fear mongering myself.
edit on 18-12-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

markosity1973
You finally catch up with the rest of the developed world and give your citizens free healthcare like they deserve and all you do is moan.

- Obamacare isn't free healthcare. It's forced purchase of government insurance.
- the Insurance is WORSE then what tens of millions had. It covers less and costs MUCH more.
- Nothing is free.
- The Obamacare system is unsustainable. It can't work.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It won't work because you guys don't want it to.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I should have said freely available not free. We all have to pay a medicare levy in our taxes over here. As any capitalist nation will tell you, there's no such thing as a free lunch so we pay
and have no choice in the matter, just like Obamacare.

The thing is, if you were to lose your income and become unable to pay your health insurance in the usa, you would just be left it in the cold if you got sick under the old way. Here in oz and most other nations, you would still have access to public health care and hospitals in the same scenario because in the eyes if the public health system, we are all equal and all entitled to health care. It you want really top quality health care, you go pay more for private hospital insurance, where you are treated like a vip in private hospitals and, clinics.

Its the complete lack of taxpayer funded (via medicare levies) hospitals that is making everything so impossible for you guys i.e. You have no network of hospitals the government can fund and run purely as a non profit public service. Our countries have always had such hospitals and its always worked fine. (more or less - you'll always find someone disgruntled about something with it if you look)

Yes a public system is usually wanting more funding and could be improved, but it you get cancer it break a leg, there's at least access to medical treatment no matter how rich or poor you are. I personally am happy to know that despite a public systems imperfections even a homeless person can receive heart bypass surgery if they need it.

edit on 19-12-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

I don't know where this rumor started that hospitals won't treat people without insurance.

Right now, 20% of the people my hospital treats don't pay. Either because they don't have money or insurance or both.

We're working at a loss. But we're a hospital, so we do what we can.

Obamacare doesn't do thing one for treating people.

It is a scam to spread the bill around to everyone. But people aren't going to pay higher amounts when they weren't paying ANYTHING previously.

Thanks to Obamacare, hospitals like mine are actually seeing an increase in people who cannot pay or who won't pay, yet hospitals are still bound by law to treat these people (as they rightly should do).

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You see, where I live, you just show your govt issued medicare care and nobody cares. In my home country, you don't even need that, just your name and date of birth us enough. The govt funds the public hospitals completely, so there is no loss to you as a doctor or your hospital. You would be on a salary as would everyone working there.

Or you could work in a swanky private hospital where only people with private insurance are admitted. These hospitals don't have the bother of non paying patients, as they are taken care of by the public ones.

G.P. Doctors are also funded, although many charge a 'gap' fee citing that the medicare amount is not enough to keep an entire clinic open, although there are plenty of no gap clinics around too.

We also pay for those who can't afford healthcare, the difference is we're used to it and don't really care, because it's part of our cultural value system that government provided healthcare is a basic right for everyone.
edit on 19-12-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

markosity1973
reply to post by beezzer

You see, where I live, you just show your govt issued medicare care and nobody cares. In my home country, you don't even need that, just your name and date of birth us enough. The govt funds the public hospitals completely, so there is no loss to you as a doctor or your hospital. You would be on a salary as would everyone working there.

That's one of the problems as to why it won't work here. Not all hospitals here are "public". The only government-run hospitals are the VA hospitals, I believe.

G.P. Doctors are also funded, although many charge a 'gap' fee citing that the medicare amount is not enough to keep an entire clinic open, although there are plenty of no gap clinics around too.

One of the provisions in Obamacare was to pay all medical staff (doctors, nurses) a set wage. Won't work here.

We also pay for those who can't afford healthcare, the difference is we're used to it and don't really care, because it's part of our cultural value system that government provided healthcare is a basic right for everyone.

We also pay for those who can't afford it. It's called Medicare.

We don't see healthcare as a basic right. It is a provided service in which you pay for said services. Like eating at a restaurant.
edit on 19-12-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Lysergic
Everyone knows coco makes you a little bit gay.

I thought that was only if you added marshmallows???

To OP - The ad is one in a long line of ridiculousness from Obama's regime. I think they are trying WAY TOO HARD to sell Obamacare. If it was good, truly affordable, and came with the benefits they claimed it would, they wouldn't need to advertise so heavily... people would literally flock to the site and crash the servers trying to sign up (They wouldn't have to claim that was happening. It would really happen.) for it. Folks aren't stupid and will spend money on things that are worth the money they are spending.

This.... is not it.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, I would go so far as to agree that the lack of government owned and funded hospitals is your big issue. Because we do have them, payment is no problem. Everyone working there has a salary or wage that is predetermined and they simply do their job. Their mission is simply to provide healthcare and they have a predetermined funding budget to look after everything.

Private hospitals are businesses and yes things are different in them in terms of better pay for staff and service bills that insurance providers pay.

The thing that looks like a rude shock to you guys is standardized funding combined with a, very poor public roll out. We're quite used to a two tier health system and I am sure when things get sorted it will settle down to very similar system.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You have much higher hopes than I do for the outcome of Obamacare. I hope that it fails. But the odds are, the government will bailout the insurance companies, and government will buy out the hospitals and government will be everywhere.

Personally, I see government like a prostate exam.

Annoying, intrusive, but sometimes necessary. Not something, though, that you want in your life every day.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

markosity1973
It won't work because you guys don't want it to.

It won't work because .... it can't work.
Obamacare is just forced purchase of a LOUSY government health care plan.
And the numbers show it's unsustainable.
The way it's set up shows it's set up for failure.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
I thought that was only if you added marshmallows???

Know what we do here? Hot chocolate made with milk ... and then drop a marshmallow peep in it. The peeps come in different christmas flavors now. I even found some minty peeps. Put a minty marshmallow peep in your hot chocolate and let it melt.

I can't have them anymore (illness), but that's what I do for my family. MMMM ... it smells so good!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I knew this administration farmed out the building of the crappy HHS Obamacare website to Canada. But I hadn't clue, until now, they hired people from the UK to come to ATS to set us straight on what a wonderful thing they are doing for us, and we are just too dumb to see it.

I hope they are paying you well. Considering the company in Canada got approximately 633 million of our U.S. tax dollars. You should be getting around $30,000 a post in this thread.

Des

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Forget bad advertising and universal healthcare arguments.. THEY MAKE MAN ONESIES??!!! We have failed as a society...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Advantage
Forget bad advertising and universal healthcare arguments.. THEY MAKE MAN ONESIES??!!! We have failed as a society...

I asked Santa for a pair.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

boncho

Have sex with girlfriend

Your hand doesn't count

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Clearly you are not reading any of my replies properly. I am from Australia.........

I get that you guys want this to fail, but I don't get why. From the outside it looks like you are all mean spirited people who would rather divide yourselves into the haves and have nots when it comes to healthcare rather than build a system based on equality. I guess it's one if those cultural differences, we don't see healthcare as a corporate user pays business that we shop around for.

I personally view health insurance premiums as a necessary evil. I have no choice either, I pay the medicare levy or I buy private health cover, but I have to pay something as you all do.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

markosity1973 From the outside it looks like you are all mean spirited people who would rather divide yourselves into the haves and have nots when it comes to healthcare rather than build a system based on equality.

You missed the point .... IT IS UNSUSTAINABLE. It can't work. And it's not health care, it's forced purchase of lousy government health insurance. It's not a matter of being 'mean spirited'. It' s a matter of crappy health insurance. That's all.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You all keep saying it's unsustainable, yet in loads of other countries it works fine.

The insurance you have to is to pay for your healthcare is it not?, which makes it the equivalent of our medicare levy. If the government insurance money is not going to be put directly into healthcare, then where is it going to go? Into funding your auto industry?

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join