It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the Lead Bullets. Replacements Green Bullets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is a forced issue on all no choice get caught with a lead bullet go to jail.

end of lead

This will make it hard for the citizenry to manufacture their own bullets and buck shot will now be either steel, brass or copper.

beware of the Bullet nazi's at your firing range

Makes you wonder about all the multimillion dollar lead bullet purchases made by the IRS, EPA, ATF and the DHS was all about. Was it to take all lead out of circulation or just a way to limit the citizens ability to arm themselves.

edit on 18-12-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Not being able to use lead to hunt? Not a bad thing. in fact, this is a good thing for people and animals alike. Do not worry though as there will still be plenty of lead available for making ones own stash of bullets to kill people with. The Preppers can still smelt all the lead they like as there is no law against private production. Even if there was it would be hard to enforce.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Replace lead with copper? Fine with me - All I'll have to do now is rig a capacitor and the copper bullet will act like a conductor for the electricity (TASER principle)... guns will become convertible!

edit on 18-12-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
According to the NSSF the closure of the lead smelter is a non-issue:

The closure of the last primary lead smelting plant in the United States in Herculaneum, Missouri will not have any noticeable effect on ammunition supplies or prices, NSSF and ammunition manufacturers say.
link

Apparently this smelter specialized in high purity product used in electronics. Not at all like the junk lead used in ammunition that comes nearly all from recycled sources.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere
According to the NSSF the closure of the lead smelter is a non-issue:

The closure of the last primary lead smelting plant in the United States in Herculaneum, Missouri will not have any noticeable effect on ammunition supplies or prices, NSSF and ammunition manufacturers say.
link

Apparently this smelter specialized in high purity product used in electronics. Not at all like the junk lead used in ammunition that comes nearly all from recycled sources.

Which makes it more expensive on the consumer.

Once the EPA gets the lead ban in place no one private or otherwise will be allowed to smelt recycled lead or low level lead of any kind not even the preppers.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

It'd be a pretty daunting task to ban lead. It's an element after all and exists in nearly anything and everything.

Even if lead bullets were banned there is no practical or efficient way to enforce such a law.

Next time you're at the dump take a look at all the old electronics lying around. An all out ban on lead today would have no noticable effect for decades. Unless of course the feds decided to enforce it with raids and executions.
edit on 18-12-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
They will end up limited and over-priced, but will not disappear.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Everyone can relax now.

See?

They didn't ban guns.

Just lead.

And yes, I saw the above posts. To understand todays laws, don't look to how they are used, look at how they can be abused and then you can see how they're actually going to be used.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Seriously, if you get your head blown off...

Do you really give a sh!t if it is a "Green Bullet"?

Of all the things to care about.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I hope they make the bullet really cheap. I would by copper ammo just to melt it and make circuits.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

beware of the Bullet nazi's at your firing range

we have those now…..have to shoot ammo purchased at the range. that is why I advocate belonging to a private shooing club on private property.

sorry it was OT
edit on 12/18/2013 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Somewhat related is polymer cased ammunition: www.pcpammo.com...

I can see companies trying to keep costs down by using polymer cases but that in itself is an ecological disaster waiting to happen. At least the lead is a natural element. Tons and tons of little plastic tubes piling up cant be good for the planet.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You see those progressive-types saying lead is so bad for the environment, hence the ban.

Yet. . . .

They laud the new light bulbs that are loaded with mercury.

I'm going to call it hypocrisy on the progressives because they have an ulterior motive.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Everyone knows you can't kill a witch or a werewolf with lead bullets anyway! I saw bring on the .925 silver and lets get to casting some enchanted silver bullets!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Everyone knows you can't kill a witch or a werewolf with lead bullets anyway! I saw bring on the .925 silver and lets get to casting some enchanted silver bullets!

You are embarrassing yourself. Especially as a moderator.

There are no such things as werewolves or witches.

The lead is for the zombie apocalypse.

*sheesh!*

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wonder if this is how the government is going to arrest people who have stocked up on bullets?
Suddenly, the bullets we have are going to be illegal.
'Turn in your bullets or you will be breaking the law'.

Betchya.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You seem to be missing the point of FAUXnews! This has nothing to do with a gun grab, but is intended to look like it. Drum up your fears hoping you will then start making an investment in Lead. Or start speculating on Copper. As that is what the commoner will do...

I assure you this is industry driven! 100% A multi-Billion dollar industry mind you that will find more money making Ammo out of Copper and limiting or effectively hobbling the home-made market.

Not to mention

...some richy rich has a bunch of COPPER they wished to unload, paid to have that piece written up to drive up the price.

...some richy rich has a bunch of LEAD they wished to unload, paid to have that piece written up to drive up the price.

Gun owners will of course be stuck buying new materials which is also part of the plan!

However someone will cleanup from the unnecessary fear mongering! And this wisdom will sink like a LEAD Balloon...
edit on 18-12-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

oh spirit walker you need a silver bullet to kill windingo. Tonto

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It'd be a pretty daunting task to ban lead. It's an element after all and exists in nearly anything and everything.

Even if lead bullets were banned there is no practical or efficient way to enforce such a law.

Besides a cease and desist order issued to the major ammunition producers. Sure a backyard fellow can melt his own lead, but after the supply dwindles there won't be much to find save scraping and scrounging for sources.

Care to fill up my tank with leaded gasoline?

I remember when it was at every station in town, yet I rarely hear about people with a leaded-gas side business.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Melting lead into bullet forms at home is a little different than refining fuel at home.

I imagine if there was some demand for leaded gasoline it would be available somewhere somehow but for what little benefit there was to leaded gasoline it obviously isnt enough to warrant a home refinery operation to supply it.

On the other hand I can form lead into bullets with a Bic lighter and spoon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join