It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Media Will Report On The Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
(Warning: semi-graphic language and Hollywood makeup effects)

I found the following article quite amusing:

How The Media Will Report On The Apocalypse

The article portrays several of the styles of reporting most of us are familiar with, and gives them a little bit of exaggerated spin as if they were reporting on the End of The World.

We get Fox News Blaming Obama for Meteors, The Daily Mail saying "We've Been Telling You For Decades", TMZ commenting on Celebrities, Instagram still full of Selfies (undead now), and on and on and on with gratuitous hilarity in all sorts of bad taste.

On a conspiracy angle; Why are they running a story on the Apocalypse and how everyone else would report on it?

edit on 12/18/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
On one hand, whoever made that seriously needs to go out, have a beer, make friends, hopefully get laid, and wake up in the morning with memories of having had a life for the first time in years.

On the other hand, this stuff is hilarious.

Obligatory s&f for making me smile. Even my avi is excited over there. Look at it. LOOK AT IT! ...you can stop looking now.
edit on 18-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

On a conspiracy angle; Why are they running a story on the Apocalypse and how everyone else would report on it?

I think just because folks eat this stuff up. e.g. The walking dead. This stuff sells! I got to go in your link and look more..lots of stuff..I just skimmed through the lot.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

They wont. It'll be prerecorded bollocks. Like so mamy other things that are dragged out on the media distracting eyes from other relevant things.
The signs are all too easily seen now to be ignored.
Its morr of how we approach it and react which will determine so much.
One of the tests I believe is how we as a species work together. Will we or will we be like they are expecting us to be? Which is of course everyone rioting and wrecking our homes? That's what they want you to do so they can add more laws.
There is a massive change coming and I have already told you all about it in other threads.
Globally tell me you see no signs of revelations playing out before you.
But on the other hand could it all just be part of the plan to play along as if it is revelations in order ro mislead. Lol

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Oh if only we could be so lucky to have a proper apocalypse and Armageddon!!

Perhaps it's just the Hippie in me but I still subscribe to the "whimper" senario with the rest of the "Hollow Men"

www.artofeurope.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

By all means, please don't miss a chance to take credit for warning us.
Some heavier emphasis on the proselytising angle and more work on being entirely too serious about a HUMOR piece could have been worked on too.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
On one hand, whoever made that seriously needs to go out, have a beer, make friends, hopefully get laid, and wake up in the morning with memories of having had a life for the first time in years.

On the other hand, this stuff is hilarious.

Obligatory s&f for making me smile. Even my avi is excited over there. Look at it. LOOK AT IT! ...you can stop looking now.
edit on 18-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

But....I ....I.....I.....can't....stop....loouuullllky. WAAARGBAL!

I had to doublecheck and see that that wasn't the Onion. funny stuff there.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The Apocalypse? I have to think that without news, tv, radio, internet, electricity, public services. food, shelter and dying people in the streets...we wont have anywhere or way to get any news.

And if we did survive...we should be moving out and away quickly, and not sitting around some electronics that dont work, trying to listen to news that doesnt nor can be broadcast anyway to us.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The story itself is one of many production pieces from those many who wish to make their mark in the genre. Frankly, I see it as an artistic expression, at least in intent.

Seems a silly proposition doesn't it? That the end of the world will be televised, or covered. That these people will still be getting paid to do what they do... that's not much of an Apocalypse if you ask me.

Note the blogger, Tom Phillips has recently submitted other stories or columns to his company such as:

• BBC Interviews The Fonz About Expanding Heathrow Airport For No Apparent Reason
  • There’s A Slight Problem With HS2’s Website - It Directs Users To The Wrong Birmingham
  • 16 Pictures We Can Probably Stop Tweeting In 2014
  • Robyn And Röyksopp Are Going On Tour Next Year And Are Recording Together And This Is Great

This recent list puts this piece in a different light.

I don't think he seriously has any interest in the topic of Apocalypse outside of it's fad-like context. But maybe I'm wrong.

edit on 18-12-2013 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Great thread.

All I can think of is the Zombie Apocalypse diet.
Here's my article:

The Zombie Apocalypse: Chaos and Panic! But is it a reason to look unfashionable? No way Girlfriend. Read more about our Fashion Survival Tips, and how an Apocalypse could Spice Up Your Love Life!

One shouldn't be too fat to run, but on the other hand one needs crucial fat reserves.

Thin people (and super-models) would soon collapse and make a snack for the living or the dead, but a figure that's just right could keep survivors going until they find food supplies.

Make sure you get as many proteins as possible and carbo-load.

Don't trust the TV shows.
Rick Grimes may look all rough and sweaty on the "Walking Dead", but not everyone can awake from a lengthy coma and run about.

Only team up with people you really know or trust.
This will not only increase your chances of survival, but that fantasy of you being the last man or woman on earth with a "special friend" might actually come true!

Just remember that when a previously morbidly obese friend - who is now slim and fit - masticates while staring at you, it's probably a good time to run.

Just work with the concept that a zombie apocalypse is no reason to look unappetizing, or so 2007.
When pockets of marooned survivors stumble upon you at the last moment, it would be advantageous to look worth saving and evolutionary valuable, rather than looking like a starving Richard Dawkins in drag.
Hello people, we want to remember that this happened to THE most glamorous and important generation like EVER!

If Justin Bieber can still go on stage in chains and do a growling death metal version of "Baby", and a Zombified Kim Kardashain can still twerk her silicone booty in plastic-wrap, then there's still hope for humanity and another Paranormal Activity movie.

Let's not forget that zombies are people too, and they can be medicated by beating them over the head with an FDA approved shovel every 4 hours.

Hey hipsters, let's remember to accessorize for the summer apocalypse!
It's all about tank-tops, blood splattered jeans and stubble for the guys, and shaven heads (zombies can't grab 'em), studded hot-pants, ethnic bangles and ironic zombie t-shirts (think Rob Zombie) for the girls.
If you have to be all sicko, at least wear fake zombie ear or tongue necklaces.
They make them in China with 100 percent certified zombie workers ... duh.
Ripping off real cultures for fashion is so not liberal.

Enjoy the month, and never forget that looking killer is half the path to survival!
I think Einstein or Gandhi said that on Facebook.
Anyway - piece out boys and ghouls.

edit on 18-12-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join