It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoplifting SC husky caught 'red-pawed'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

This has got to be the most hilarious caper of all time. If only my dog did this, it would totally save me on treats.

Cato's official police report is on the site. Buhahaha

So cute. Cato looks so innocent too.

CLINTON, SC (FOX Carolina) -

After a few dog treats disappeared, employees at a Dollar General store in Clinton soon discovered their thief was a four-legged bandit.

Cato the husky spends most of his days lounging around his Clinton house, but it's what he does when he gets out that has his owner worried.

"My dog was shoplifting," laughed Holly Darden, Cato's owner.

Wednesday morning, Cato got off his leash and took off. And not long after his escape, the Dollar General store on South Broad Street was robbed.

www.foxcarolina.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
That's great. I have a story about my Wolf Hybrid that will make you laugh, wish I had video....

My GF lived across a busy street from a Raeleys grocery store, the kind that still has a butcher. Well one day when he was but five months old he pushed past her at the front door and blasted across the street, nearly getting hit by a couple of cars. My GF screamed and I went off in chase. I was hot on his heels as he went in the front door of Raeleys. He was running full speed down the aisle when he had to make a 90 degree turn. He failed to make the turn on the slick floor and I gained some ground. Almost to the meat counter and I managed to jump on him and drag him out of the store.

You should have seen how many people were running away in the store. He is a huge beast and it was hilarious. Two weeks later he made it out again. This time I was not so fast and I found him standing on top of the steaks....... People pushed up against the walls.... Cost a few bucks but it was well worth it.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That is AWESOME! Go Cato! LOL

And Mamatus, your dog DID get the steaks, didn't he? So, really, what he has learned is that crime does pay! I can see the association in his mind now: hit the store, take out the meat counter, send people running = steaks. Good boy!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bootifool

Crime pays, I paid almost $200.00 for that move......

link   

Bootifool
That is AWESOME! Go Cato! LOL

And Mamatus, your dog DID get the steaks, didn't he? So, really, what he has learned is that crime does pay! I can see the association in his mind now: hit the store, take out the meat counter, send people running = steaks. Good boy!

Too funny, I think that's what Cato said.

link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Shoot, i pay for the steaks theyll still get eaten.
Even if by the dog.

For Christmas we have stocked up on filet mignon's. The big 10-15oz ones. And the dogs have some nice, fatty chuck steaks for them. No need to throw any of that meat away.....just make it a doggie treat a couple days later.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well, I have to say, the cops were pretty nice about this. They could have given his owner a ticket. I'm really glad they didn't though. That dog is very smart. I bet he is a handful!

This is why I'm glad I don't live near town. My monster would be visiting every store, whether welcome or not. We have a friend that owns a little party store, and we do bring him in, on a leash. She gives him a treat every time. So ya, if we lived in town, he would think it would be ok everywhere.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Meet Lala:

new topics

top topics

join