It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Watch 2014

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Moshpet

good luck with the roof, that is what I do for a job, but a bit far away to help

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
web cam 2 has been moved again!
seems a lower quality image right since this started, maybe its a smaller/older/cheaper/more mobile camera

Now includes R2D2 (marked with finger), steam rising from the lava flow/river to the left
If they really tried they could reposition the camera and if it was better quality you could stitch image of cam 1 to the left of image from cam2 and get a more panoramic view of the whole area

right click, "view image" for bigger picture
edit on 09u25825814 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzy

thankd for the update. could not figure for the life of me why all i was seeing was black. guess both 1 and 2 were moved

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Are they that strapped for cash that they can only provide two cams.

The quality does not seem to be anything to write home about.

Are they moving them to avoid losing them and if so, they must be expecting something damn big to happen.

I can understand their servers being overloaded but I can't get my head around just two cams.

On the other hand, do they have more than two cams and rather than shifting them, are they just giving us feeds from some of the others and if so, what do they have to hide.

It just does not make sense. One would think that they would want to give us the best most exciting stuff as opposed to the latest move that is simply terrible.

P

edit on 16/9/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
ok cam 2 can pan so it can view things either side and zoom in and out so it wasn't moved. It can also be set into a loop of panning which it did a few weeks ago.
It just got very foggy/ wind direction causing plume to go into camera / at night so that is why the cams looked like they might of been down.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

When u post 2 spam that cam 2 can pan can result in an ban, man

Im sorry i couldn't resist, carry on.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
An interesting quote from vol­ca­nol­o­gist Ármann Höskulds­son at the In­sti­tute of Earth Sci­ences:

"The odds that a fresh erup­tion will take place are 99.9 per­cent. This is only the be­gin­ning,"

Asked if a fresh erup­tion could take place in Bárðar­bunga or Dyn­gju­jökull which are cov­ered with a thick ice­cap he says that could very well hap­pen. The cur­rent abat­ing of the erup­tion in Holuhraun is far from mark an end to the seis­mic ac­tiv­ity in the area ac­cord­ing to him.

"That only means that an­other erup­tion will hap­pen per­haps in two days or three weeks or some­thing like that. The magma is still pour­ing into the sys­tem and the only ques­tion is where it will come up next,".

mbl.is article

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Yes Iceland just keeps on gushing…

That" Holuraun Eruption" video from your link is just intense

I tried to embed it but does not work like the youtube embed, it is vimeo.

Worth a look:
Another photographer Lukas Gawenda with intense photos of the eruption
Link: www.lukas-gawenda.de...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingDepth

Great pics !

And thanks to the rest of you guys for keeping an eye on things. I can`t keep a eye on everything (got my eyes on other stuff), but thanks to you guys I can keep an half eye to it...keep it up !

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I try to do my best. but if the "Cloud" is broken there is nothing to see.
Recently I changed from Dropbox to Google Drive to save my images and KMl files ( that make the maps) but this morning I get this

403. That’s an error.
We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page. That’s all we know.

I can't see any maps or images on my blogs that have the files on Google Drive

"That’s all we know." ??????
Well sorry, that is not good enough!.
Goodbye Google Drive

At least ATS still works

edit on 0900000025925914 by muzzy because: ha! I misspelled Google Drive as Google Dive, well thats about it in a nutshell, it just took a dive off my computer!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

That’s all we know. Is that like politically correct way of saying kiss our microprocessor?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

More on Volcano Mayon in the Phillipines lava flow & evacuations

The Perfect Form Volcano. It looks so peaceful but not the place to live when the volcano stirs to life.

This link has some good background info, picks, & legend of the beautiful maiden Daragang Magayon whose grave formed Volcano Mayon.
www.101directions.com...

They celebrate the Volcano & Legend of the beautiful Daragang Magayon in a yearly festival.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

the caldera is rumbling again. 3 good size ones in the last 2 hrs. 3.2, 4.1 and 3.5. A while back it was discussed that one of the icelands guys said it would take like a 6.0 to crack it and it was a very large amount of 5's to eqaul a 6.0

Muzzy i figure if anyone has been keeping track it you. Hope I am remembering the chat correctly. just curious one your take on it and the subsidence

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

your computer security software migh be blocking the IP address,, for u

or its Google.

they will put out the required patch,,,

lol,,,yeah,, gotcha,,, lol,,patch,, right.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wait, what's going on??? I fell asleep for 2 hours & woke up to 12 alerts all for different volcanoes??? WTH IS GOING ON????? Not gonna lie, it's worrisome.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Bump....for some answers??? I was shocked by the # of volcanoes that rumbled within 2 hours???

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

see,,www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm even more confused now??? Did they happen or not??? Or is this being kept hidden??? Machine broke??? Wait, so no one really knows because the server "happens" to be down??? Did I get that one right?? TY FOR ANSWERING B.A.H!

edit on 9/17/14 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/17/14 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

What volcanoes are you referring to? I don't think anything has happened that hasn't been happening already? I think Bob's messing with you.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Volcano Mayon

Soft Eruption has intensified

www.philstar.com...

From the Manila Bulletin
“Increased restiveness was recorded overnight, including 270 incidents of lava fragments and super-hot boulders rolling down from Mayon’s crater – nearly four times the number recorded the previous day. Some reached the upper portion of the Bonga gully on the volcano’s southeastern side, indicating that the lava dome has breached that side of the crater. The number of low-frequency volcanic earthquakes also increased.”
“Mayor Herbie Aguas said his farming town of Santo Domingo, among the closest to the volcano, has a frightening legacy from Mayon. The volcano nearly wiped out the municipality’s entire population in an 1897 eruption with pyroclastic flows — superheated gas and volcanic debris that race down the slopes at high speeds, vaporizing everything in their path.”

“Villagers living near the volcano have erected huge white crosses at the entrance of their neighborhoods, hoping they will protect them from harm.”
www.mb.com.ph...

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join