It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Watch 2014

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I see the earthquakes have been hammering at the edge of the glacier ( on Google Earth/Maps) since 24th August, pretty much the densest spot of all (apart from the main Bardarbunga caldera itself right throughout, and out on the Holuhraun after that). There was a M4.5 there on 08092014, the biggest yet in that area. goo.gl...
This is where I expect it might break through next.
interactive earthquake maps
edit on 09u25125114 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzy

Yes i think you're right

Too bad the cameras stopped working, would really like to see how it is tonight with the full moon

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I keep getting server not found from the cams.
Grr.

M.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
From twitter
Some perspective
via Olafur Tryggvason ‏@OliTryggva

Lets put things into perspective: 2 highly modified SUV's with oversized tires

edit on 9-9-2014 by Moshpet because: (no reason given)

laculturevolcan.blogspot.fr...
Good article.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This at least is up for all of us server not found peoples

www.youtube.com...

M.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

What a beautiful sky

Big

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Via kathy ‏@kathycalm 1m Holy flaming manholes, Batman! #Bardarbunga

eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Wow.

M.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This server not available from Mila is putting a serious damper on my screen grabs.
I am -not- amused.
Not that they care, but *sigh* I hate the youboob version of the Mila feeds because they think cam 2 is great. "P
That and the chat is drivel for the most part.

M.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Deeply concerned by the eruption of Bárðarbunga

21:59 Increased probability of volcanic Bárðarbunga due to ongoing subsidence in the caldera volcano. Developments since the Civil causes and soil scientists of great concern. Civil administrators intending to Prime Minister of the situation tomorrow.

www.ruv.is...

Increased probability of volcanic Bárðarbunga due to ongoing subsidence in the caldera volcano. Developments since the Civil causes and soil scientists of great concern. Civil administrators intending to Prime Minister of the situation tomorrow.

Subsided in recent days Bárðarbunga causes the Civil managers and geoscientists now have significant concerns about developments there. Still, it is considered possible to skjálftavirknin manner eruption of lava complete blowout, or sunk in Bárðarbunga continue with volcanic activity, even outside of the blowout lava.

Pushed river course steadily eastward
www.ruv.is...

Lava flow from the blowout lava is still in full swing and pushes vatnsflaumi Jökulsárgöng the mountains continued steadily eastward. This follows Ármann Höskuldsson volcanologist who is the eruption site.

M.

Geological Mapping north of Vatnajökull
isor.is...

The accompanying map extends from the end of the new lava as its status was September 7 and east Rifnahnjúk. Geology of the area is under Incomplete manuscript ÍSOR (geological map of the southern norðurgosbeltisins). The base map is the base for the National Energy cards from 1976 in the scale 1: 20 000, which have been vigruð the ISOR. Marginal new lava last three days is shown by a black chin line.

If lava continues along similar lines as the last few days, it will first spread something out of the ear glands as it came out yesterday (7th Sept), the guide then Jokulsa the mountains of hardships starting just over 2 km from the confluence Reply . When lava comes down representations will clog it and falls Shining likely to disappear or have a view on (see the reflections of the waterfall Skínandi next facebook entry front).

Ear glands..... I wonder what figure of speech was that from. o.O

M.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Moshpet

I really hope mila will correct them soon, day by day i record the streams to combine them in a movie.

perspective

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Vai Twitter

Gisli Olafsson ‏@gislio 1h
Caldera depressions are often followed by large eruptions. Given the amt of magma in the #Bardarbunga system - eruption there would be big

Current #Bardarbunga caldera depression is around 20m. If it goes to few hundred meters then we know we are in trouble.

No need to panic though about #Bardarbunga yet - nature has its way of showing us its potential and then let us wait decades.

----------
Evidently folks are a mite concerned.

M.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
(Several long hours later....)
I have cams again!

Cam 2

Cam 1

I quickly grabbed a pair of shots, just in case.

M.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moshpet

Wow.

M.

I'm looking at google earth and there isn't a volcano listed where this fire is so can you help me understand what volcano this is. It isn't listed as one on google earth. Bardarbunga is a bit southwest of this fire.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Moonlight, multiple heat vortex and volcanic rift.

What more could you ask for?

M.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec

originally posted by: Moshpet

Wow.

M.

I'm looking at google earth and there isn't a volcano listed where this fire is so can you help me understand what volcano this is. It isn't listed as one on google earth. Bardarbunga is a bit southwest of this fire.

It is in the Holuhraun lava fields, technically the parts of the rift that are bleeding lava, have names. (You'd have to crawl back through the thread to find the image that names them.)

Everyone more or less calls it Bardarbunga due to the cam feeds.

This is a fissure eruption, much like the Laki eruption back in the 1700's, though on a smaller scale. IIRC the Laki fissure was 17 miles long and a mile wide. (Just the fissure itself, where the lava flooded out from.)

Back in the thread you should be able to find (or Google) Laki eruption Youtube link. The BBC has a 45 min episode on it there. Good information on Laki.

The river of lava in the image I posted, much less the rift itself is -tiny- compared to Laki.

M.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The Daily KOS is being 'overly dramatic'

Quite the looker. His name means "Shining", and he's a waterfall on the Svartá, a tributary of the Jökulsár á Fjöllum. He's a common part of tours in the area. 20 cubic meters of water per second drops half a dozen meters in broad cascades. In the winter the rocks are covered in rime ice.

Okay, that's enough of Skínandi. Say, "bye, Skínandi!"

Because this is goodbye.

www.dailykos.com...

But go check out the images at least.

M.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
damn, I have been away for 8 hrs and just come in to see they stiil haven't got the Mila cam back on!!!!!????????

thanks for the few you did get moshpet

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Moshpet
great pic from NASA, spectacular lava flow

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

those 4 wisps of steam make that screenshot unique, do you have the date/time when it was taken by any chance?
I see from the image info it was loaded Wednesday, 10 September 2014 8:08:56 a.m., but I'm not sure if that is UTC, some kind of local time, or maybe my time on my machine.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
so how come the u-tube live is able to get a feed from the camera?
temptng fate, could be the kiss of death
www.youtube.com...
rainbow right now 10-09-2014 19-18-56 UTC

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join