It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Picks Gay Athletes to Represent U.S. at Sochi Olympics!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Kali74
I honestly can't believe some of the reactions in this thread, one in particular... Does anyone get what is happening to gay people in Russia? Imprisoned, murdered, bullied... it's horrible. Boycotting was the way to go.

It seems as if being gay in 2014 is like being a Jew in 1940's.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

To address your statement about why is the gay agenda constantly being forced upon society, I think I can see why that is happening, earlier I was reading a thread about Jesse Jackson injecting his opinion into the whole Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty thing and one of the posters in that thread stated that Jesse is sticking his nose in this issue because he somehow believes that there is some kind of a paycheck in it for him or that it keeps his irrelevant but in the spotlight. Now anyone who knows anything about Jesse Jackson will read that and think to themselves yea I can see that. Well why wouldn't the same possibility be applied to the whole gay agenda thing, "follow the money", it would seem too me that many gay people would send money to, let's refer to them as gay baiters, the same as people refer to Jesse Jackson as a race baiter. Now like I said I think many gay people would send money to gay baiters the same as people give money to race baiters, and it would be an easy leap from there that the gay baiters would spend some of the money", they receive on promoting their chosen agenda while putting most of the money they receive into their own personal bank account, calling it administrative costs, like I said, follow the money.now I'm not saying that this is the case I'm just saying that is one of the probabilities. Now I myself am straight and I am only acquainted with a couple of gay people, but the gay people I do know, are clearly gay, however this is not a subject that we have spoken to each other about because it is a subject that is clearly not that important that either one of us had to recognize it as an issue. My point is that the gay people that I know don't go around flaunting themselves the way described, and I have to assume that most gay people feel the same way as the ones I know, where flaunting it publicly is just not that important. So that leads me back to the whole purpose of the gay baiter thing where there is a way for a few people to squeeze some money from a group of people that feel disenfranchised for one reason or another.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

DonVoigt
My point is that the gay people that I know don't go around flaunting themselves the way described, and I have to assume that most gay people feel the same way as the ones I know, where flaunting it publicly is just not that important.

There's a large area between hiding their sexuality and 'flaunting' it...peculiar term, that really needs more definition...and that encompasses simply being able to live as they are without fear of discrimination, beatings or death. Unfortunately, that IS being determined by forces beyond their control. Acting out of Biblical love, I'm sure.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I was referring to the post , that I was replying to where the OP was asking why do they have to shove the agenda all the time , and I was responding that the gay people that I personally know are not the kind of people who are out pushing some agenda their not shoving anything in anyone's faces
edit on 26-12-2013 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

Not a shot at you...just musing on the terminology. You might find it interesting to quiz your gay friends on the degree of care that they must assume on a daily basis so as not to be 'flaunting' their sexuality.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join