It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Gov. Chris Christie Intentionally Cause Traffic Backup As An Act Of Retribution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

antonia

burdman30ott6
reply to post by antonia

"Too devisive" clearly means "Conservative."

i would not define any of the aforementioned people as conservative. Reactionary is a better term. Conservatives generally seek to preserve things as they are. None of the aforementioned people advocate that. They generally seek some pretty big changes.

You're actually the first person I've run into that openly stated the "keep things as they are" line and used it in an attempt to differentiate traditionalists from the standard GOP. Thank you for that, actually. It has long baffled me how the left could state that the TEA party and other modern GOP members are "too far to the right" when they politically stand where the average Republican stood decades ago.

In that regard, I suppose Chris Christie is 'conservative', seeing as how he apparently doesn't have any issues with things left the way they currently are. America is in serious need of a Traditionalist president, one who can undo pretty much everything that has occured in America over the past 3 decades and get us back on the right track. I don't see much of a future for a nation which is run by liberal policies which are then protected by "moderate" (marginalized?) conservatives after the fact.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I wouldn't agree with the idea the U.S. is run by liberals. By world standards the U.S. is very much a right -wing state. You are basically arguing it isn't right wing enough. The Democrats would simply be the right wing in almost every other developed country. I would argue you can't get any meaningful change when the country doesn't have much variety of political thought.

reply to post by LeatherNLace

You worry too much. Christie was passed over by Romney for a reason.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join