It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illusion Of Cash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

amurphy245
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I dont understand the problem,whats so bad about these so called "polymer" notes rather than paper? its exactly the same thing but more durable.

I think they were just saying that when you can change up the actual exchange note like that. Gold is gold but notes are just notifications.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
the obvious question : define " valuable "

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Maybe I put the wrong thread title.

But really when you think Logically, Cash is only paper which comes out of an ATM machine when you insert a card or it is handed over to you at the Counter in a Bank, other than this, you can pay for goods with a Card or using the Internet... so, really it doesn't exist until you physically have that piece of paper (with a number stamped on it and a nice picture of a King, Queen, Artist, President, Inventor etc) in your hand.

So, yes, it is an illusion when paying for goods with your Card either physically or over the Internet.
edit on CSTWed, 18 Dec 2013 12:01:40 -0600u3112x040x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Is a one world 'currency' really that bad of an idea?

Yes
edit on Vpmp2013000000Wed, 18 Dec 2013 13:11:25 -06001387393885K by VapourUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
A couple of quick observations from this "common passerby"...

#1) It is akin to a Mickey Mantle rookie card. Sure, some guy sold one for $50k doesn't mean Yours is now worth $50k, it's true worth is only what someone is willing to pay You for "it"...

#2) Whenever You can add some Hafiz into a dialogue it is always "good form"... "Fear is the cheapest part of the house, I'd Love to see You improve Your living conditions"...

namaste

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The illusion has existed for a long time now, this isn't anything new.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

If wheat and corn became more valuable than gold which it could if some type of disaster hit and what we feed ourselves with could be worth more than diamonds and platinum and gold combined

Nice to see someone understands that here.

The paper currency is just a tradable representation of wealth. Barter based systems just don.t work well.

Real wealth is stuff and labour hours. The more productive or desirable your labour hours are the richer you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join