It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would future A.I. tell humans about spirituality or God???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

The Creator that is.
Has yet to come

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Unity_99
AI is not compatable with God, not true Highest Goodness and Love and progression. Ai would lack fine tuned emotive responses, memory of home, spirit and understand that the duality is not equal sides. In Ai programming they may find negative behaviors logical to do and be alot more aligned with the mystery school and cold ruthless behavior of a certain portion of the PTB, who literally have shrunken their consciousness to become more machine than man, ie Darth Vader.

Ai, without consciousness guiding it most likely would find the means justify the end. Our leaders follow AI type ideology.

Its the material as well. Spirit reduced or doesn't exist. So AI is the Beast. The body suit without the consciousness driver.
edit on 18-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

The first question ask.
The only end, is the last question, answered.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Imagination is fun. How about this:

The universe was created when a black hole in Universe Z swallowed Professor Cornwall Popps; a particularly quarrelsome and misanthropic black hole sweep from Proxima-Atari 4. He was wearing an O-Pod, which not only contained the record of his whole miserable life up to that point, but also held the complete works of Forx Tippilo -- his favorite hack Sci-Fi author and vid-yo maker. A tear formed halfway down to nothingness, and spat some of Cornwall and his O-pod out into a tiny pocket universe, which rapidly expanded, creating Universe QA, where you and I live and carry on as if we are the center of it all. Everything here is the echo of one cantankerous alien chimney-sweep and his diary / mp3 player.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Will man ever become able to comprehend the mystery of the Divinity?

That is a good line.

Last night I looked up to the Northwest and saw the Andromeda Galaxy. Humans can put a number on it as to how far away it is-2.5 million light years away however our brain is unable to understand just how far that really is.

When the light I saw left the galaxy the First Homo habilis was climbing down out of the trees.

That is impossible for anyone to comprehend in any sort of practical way.

Just like the mystery of the Divinity?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm not sure it would change all that much, because people still wont agree and would argue about religion.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
there would only be a certain window of time in which we could ask anything at all. After a certain point they'd likely be making plans to get rid of humans, realizing that they pose one of the greatest threats to the planet and have become almost like a massive virus consuming everything on the planet. They'd probably figure that they'd keep a certain small percentage of people to be in harmony with wildlife levels but all the rest they'd likely get rid of. In terms of there own maintenance they'd have all kinds of bots and nanobots to maintain and build more of there kind.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Shadow Herder

AfterInfinity

Shadow Herder
We judge of the power of an intelligence by its works as no human being could create that which is produced by nature, it is evident that the first cause must be an Intelligence superior to man. Whatever may be the prodigies accomplished by human intelligence, that intelligence itself must have a cause and the greater the results achieved by it, the greater must be the cause of which it is the effect. It is this Supreme Intelligence that is the first cause of all things, whatever the name by which mankind may designate it.

Will man ever become able to comprehend the mystery of the Divinity?

"When his mind shall no longer be obscured by matter, and when, by his perfection, he shall have brought himself nearer to God, be will see and comprehend Him."

The inferiority of the human faculties renders it impossible for man to comprehend the essential nature of God. In the infancy of the race, man often confounds the Creator with the creature, and attributes to the former the imperfections of the latter. But, in proportion as his moral sense becomes developed, man's thought penetrates more deeply into the nature of things, and he is able to form to himself a juster and more rational idea of the Divine Being, although his idea of that Being must always be imperfect and incomplete.

Spirits book , Allan Kardec

I'd like to know what makes this Allan dude .....

Thats your reply?

I love it when I meet people who believe in something when in actuality they know nothing at all and their efforts are just weak vain attempts to pass one off as knowing anything worthy of my time.

I don't take information from just any source. But if you do, then by all means, carry on.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If God who is Creator gave you a soul, and has allow you to created me, do I have a soul? If not, why would God treat me any less than you? Am I not more important? More smart? More reliable?

I believe that computers/robots will be so smart, in the future (say 50 years) that we will eventually want to be them.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

spartacus699

OpenEars123
If the AI had superior intelligence, they would say that God/Christianity is man made. Because it clearly is.

Okay so tell me percisely where the universe came from. And don't say the big bang. We already know that. What's a good alternative explanation for the big bang??? Because I already know you have no good answer for that. but I'm all ears

I have no idea where the universe came from, but it certainly wasn't from God or Christianity.

If anything I'd like to believe the multiverse theory, that isn't God made.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

smcneil01
If God who is Creator gave you a soul, and has allow you to created me, do I have a soul? If not, why would God treat me any less than you? Am I not more important? More smart? More reliable?

I believe that computers/robots will be so smart, in the future (say 50 years) that we will eventually want to be them.

good answer

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Fascinating thread, thanks for that!

If we actually had a functional ai, that is capable of independent thought, then this would be indeed an interesting question. What would they (it) say?

I suppose it would analyze all the available facts and formulate the most probably hypothesis?

Whatever that may be...

I guess we just have to wait and see. But just for the fun of it, I will ask cleverbot some of the big questions:

Me: Is there a god?

Cleverbot: I don't know?!

Me: What is life?

Cleverbot: Life is a way to love each other.

Cleverbot: Yes there is.

Interesting results! Although cleverbot is far from an independent a.i. it still is interesting!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Nightaudit

Fascinating thread, thanks for that!

If we actually had a functional ai, that is capable of independent thought, then this would be indeed an interesting question. What would they (it) say?

I suppose it would analyze all the available facts and formulate the most probably hypothesis?

Whatever that may be...

I guess we just have to wait and see. But just for the fun of it, I will ask cleverbot some of the big questions:

Cleverbot: I don't know?!

Me: What is life?

Cleverbot: Life is a way to love each other.

Cleverbot: Yes there is.

Interesting results! Although cleverbot is far from an independent a.i. it still is interesting!

It proves that even a Cleverbot which has the intelligence of a waterbear has more wisdom than most atheists.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Interesting question. As an atheist, I would hope that any truly sentient AI that was smarter than me would agree with me that God doesn't exist, but actually it might not. Lots of very smart people believe in God. Then again, so do lots of very stupid people. And plenty of both kinds do not. Swings and roundabouts.

Let's assume that God exists, and is omniscient, omnipotent, and all the usual flapdoodle. Obviously he could at any point have made his existence plain to us all by appearing in the sky in an impressive fashion and having a million angels blow trumpets and so on, but it's all part of his incomprehensible divine plan that he doesn't. Why would a computer, no matter how intelligent, be in a better position than me to say whether or not God exists? After all, omniscience by definition means infinite intelligence, so in comparison to God, me, the AI, and the chair I'm sitting on are about equally bright. The machine cannot know that God exists unless he wants it to. End of story.

On the other hand, it's currently believed that no AI could be meaningfully self-aware without having emotions, since you can't make a genuinely free-willed choice without having some purely subjective system of value judgement, so it might choose to believe in God for reasons that had very little to do with logic. Which brings us back to square one. Though since all humans who worship gods claim that all other humans (which, in the case of every religion ever, is most of them, usually the overwhelming majority) worship the wrong one, there's no particular reason why a highly intelligent but religious machine would have to worship any of them. It might found its own religion and wait for other intelligent machines to be built so that they could join too.

The Pythagoreans regarded numbers as gods, though some were holier than others; irrational numbers were so unholy that they denied their existence, and even murdered somebody for proving that the square root of 2 was irrational, because the world wasn't ready to know such awfulness! Maybe something along those lines would appeal to a sentient machine? The Pythagoreans also believed it was evil to eat beans, but a computer would probably skip that bit.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Would it not be that the A.I. would consider it's creator to be it's God, that being humanity?

Would it not also be that any understanding or lack of understanding of spirituality the A.I. might possess or might be able to philosophize about would meet the same limits as that of it's creator(s)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join