It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Gunman kills himself, 1 other

A gunman opened fire at a hospital campus in Reno on Tuesday, killing one person and wounding two others before turning the weapon on himself.

The world just keeps getting crazier by the day. Now I suppose we will have to start going through metal detectors to get into hospitals too. I think the country's madness is getting worse as laws tighten up and the economy presses down. It's like like living in a trash compactor. If all sides are closing in where do you go?

I don't condone peoples behaviors but can certainly understand where they are coming from.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Love his these wussies kill themselves. Saves us taxpayers money.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Another sad event.

I wonder though, is there a real increase in gun violence or is it just that we have a media so hell bent on bringing the masses "breaking news" that we just hear it more often?

If I wasn't so busy cleaning my gun.......I might search for those stats.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
But...aren't hospitals gun free zones? Legally, you can't bring a gun into a hospital, there is a law against it too.

Funny That....

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Probably a little of both, but it's not just gun violence. People start doing really crazy stuff when they are under too much pressure. It's like a pressure cooker with no release valve.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by colddeadhands

Why that's why we need TSA at hospitals, malls, grocery shops, florists, shoes stores. . . . .

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

beezzer

Why that's why we need TSA at hospitals, malls, grocery shops, florists, shoes stores. . . . .

Don't forget the one stationed next to the urinal to make sure you don't have a hidden gun in your pants.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

beezzer

I wish I could be sure that you were wrong but when the writing is on the wall........

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This has been my nightmare.

I work in a hospital, and we have an ICU unit with 10 beds, and then step down beds, for a total of 31 beds. We have doors that lock, but we only lock them when we have a 'sensitive'case, such as a person that was an attempted murder, an assault, or rape, where we must keep the victim safe.

When this does happen, we go on 'lockdown', but it's a joke, really. We use a fake name, but someone, usually the patient themselves, inevitably celphones the world their location. When it isn't the patient, it is a concerned family member.

We had one case where the victim was a gang member shot in the head by a rival gang, and they were terrified the rival gang was going to come and finish the job. We went on lockdown at their demand, we even had incidents of the rival gang members roving the halls looking in open doors.for him.

Thankfully, they didn't find him, but by the next day, about 75 of his closest friends did, and we had to move him.

This resulted in staff being threatened by the rival gang as well as his gang. We eventually had to move him to another hospital, because his "peeps" couldn't keep their drama and weapons out of our hospital, and his privacy off their cellphones and Facebook. This was done as a lifesaving measure.

His, and ours.

Yes, it's funny, until your life is the one in danger, either by a gang like I described above, or a distraught loved one that is disatisfied that thier family member didn't receive adequate care in their eyes. Even when there was no hope, and nothing you could do, they always blame you.

Some family members have killed their loved ones to put them out of their misery, then shot themselves.

We had a killing in our hospital a time back, which was a personal affair between a doctor and a nurse gone bad.

In hospitals, it's just like real life, and sometimes with families that are already grieving or under stress, it can even be worse.

This truly surprises people? Nothing, no place, is sacred anymore.

top topics

join