It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed woman accidentally shot in head by police during raid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Is the bar really that low to become a police officer?

No, it seems that it's lower.

What's the next excuse...I passed gas and my weapon went off 15 times before I could stop it. It was an accident, I didn't mean to shoot the dog, father, mother and kids...I passed gas and all hell broke loose.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Anyone know what kind of weapon he had? I think this is a very legitimate thing to question. No one in their right mind or sanity could even JOKE to suggest a man wouldn't know a handgun fired in his own hands. Unless the guy had a silenced .22 or something and I'd still call BS for feeling it.

I wouldn't necessarily say it couldn't happen on a larger sub-machine gun. The 9mm Beretta Storm I had was a thing of beauty. Accurate to punch tacks at 25 yards ..unusually quiet ..and almost 0 recoil whatsoever. What are Mp-5's like as many Departments apparent one of choice?

Oh, and I don't mean for one second the nature of how it happened should change what happens to HIM. A woman is dead because of his action and manslaughter seems the least they could do for the outcome here.

I do want to get an idea HOW this could happen though, and if perhaps it's another sign of people with military weapons that might not best fit in residential American settings.

If it was a handgun, I swear, accidents happen too often (though that's a new one to say you didn't even KNOW it fired), I say they all get put back to revolvers if those real fancy light trigger automatics are too much to safely control. Yikes!

edit on 17-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

"I dont always murder people, but when I do they are unarmed."

They should laser that into his forehead.
edit on 17-12-2013 by Lysergic because: Grammah!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wait a second...

McKnight didn't know he discharged his weapon until the police report came out?

So he didn't have any knowledge that his weapon was discharged till they basically pulled the bullet out and realized it's caliber, design and maker etc...

Is nobody else seeing the fallacy of this event or do US officers go around popping off rounds and losing bullets willy nilly, do they not check and maintain their weaponry before and after such operations?

How could you not tell that the weapon had been discharged? Or, was 1 bullet less. That is some serious flaws in weapon control if you ask me.

I have many more questions too but it's wasted breath... Looks like you chaps need to place better restrictions and procedures upon your police, whipping out your gun is not the same as whipping out your mobile phone and shouldn't be treated as such.

I know this happened during a raid and I do know mistakes can happen but come on, don't you think this is all a bit queer?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The 9mm Beretta Storm I had was a thing of beauty. Accurate to punch tacks at 25 yards ..unusually quiet ..and almost 0 recoil whatsoever. What are Mp-5's like as many Departments apparent one of choice?

Sorry Wrabbit I'm not able to help you there as I have no idea what they are issued. That being said, he would have had to have the weapon out in front and pointed in the victims direction and looking in that direction when it discharged. He would have seen and felt the weapon recoil but says he did not know.

The report of a hand gun is no where near the same as a grenade though the explosion of the grenade could mask the sound of the discharge if discharged simultaneously. And if that is the case...then why was his finger on the trigger unless he intended to shoot? Wrabbit, there may be some fish in this story beyond the OS.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

reply to post by Lysergic

"I dont always murder people, but when I do they are unarmed." They should laser that into his forehead.

Actually they will promote him for a job well done!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

And if that is the case...then why was his finger on the trigger unless he intended to shoot? Wrabbit, there may be some fish in this story beyond the OS.

Well, a woman is dead. His gun fired the bullet. His finger pulled the trigger that fired it. So whatever happened, we aren't dealing with the sharpest knife in the block anyway. He must have been pointing at a window or more likely screen or opening of some other kind and didn't see or care what exactly was downrange.

I'm going to just guess here by thinking about it, but you'd naturally want to look away yourself if you're close enough to have done what this guy did. So, aimed, hot dogging the trigger, looking a bit away and boom...

A sergeant though..that what is weird. No one seems to suggest anything personal or any motive whatsoever here, so accident (negligent homicide to me) works ...just a question of how someone could be so reckless as to do this and what about his equipment made this possible at all??

Hmm.. Ohio... It's been real cold recently.. Could Rambo here have been all toasty with gloves and padded jacket? ...We need more info to be sure. It's a good start to know more is needed! It's also too freak an accident not to be real curious now about learning how.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm sure this was no accident. Cops these days are bloodthirsty and will kill you rather than arrest you if they think they can get away with it.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Trigger-happy, scared & jumpy...not a good combination for carrying a loaded weapon...ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR FINGER ON THE TRIGGER

Even if the excuse they gave is true, I promise it only happened because this idiot had his finger resting on the trigger...

KEEP YOUR DAMN FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE...PERIOD.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

A police investigation determined that the fatal shot had come from the weapon of Sgt. Brett McKnight. According to a police press release, the news came as a surprise to McKnight, who was allegedly unaware that he had even fired. The department suspects that McKnight fired his weapon by accident, at the exact moment that the flash grenade was detonated.

WHAAAAAATT?!!!

He never even felt the gun fire? It was a flash grenade detonating, not a tactical nuke!
edit on 18/12/13 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

pstrron
Just on a personal perspective, where I live the police don't even have guns, mostly they stand on a street corner watching traffic and sending text messages. Really not a lot of crime other than stealing bicycles, cell phones and women's purses. Though everyday I read in the news that some policeman in the US has either shot, tazered or beat a person to death. There is something fundamentally wrong with that picture. I thought the police were to serve and protect .....

They *are* serving and protecting ...... the wrong people. They have devolved to nothing more than criminals protecting criminals.

The fact that the government simply ignored the massive theft and fraud(1) of Wall St and the central banksters should tell you everything you need to know.

(1) after destroying the regulating infrastructure

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I say, that despite many precautions, accidents do happen. HOWEVER what kind of an idiot who is supposed to be entrusted with a firearm, does it take to accidentally kill someone? No matter what I could say, this incident might still be an accident, but why?

It's more than inexcusable, it's an absolute atrocity to wit, only ignorance and stupidity can justify.

When I was a kid, I was always told that if you're ever lost, or scared, or whatever, that the police would be there to help. We were supposed to trust them. . .and now. . .we can only trust them to screw up, go against the very constitution they're sworn to uphold.

It angers me very much to know that someone died at the incompetent hands and mind of an official in which our faith is supposed to be placed.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Lysergic
Is the bar really that low to become a police officer?

sheesh.

Considering you will be disqualified for doing too well on entrance exams, absolutely.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It's entirely this officers fault. He was negligent and it's provable...Because SOP for officers taught during basic range training and observed all the way up is... you never place your finger on the trigger of your weapon until you are actually ready to shoot your target. Any range saftey officer would tell you the same. Sure fine go ahead and draw and aim...but thats precisely why those fancy semi-auto pistols usually have a tactile point for your finger to rest when not about to discharge a round. This officer should be getting a negligent homicide charge and spend quite a few years in prison rather than an oops it was an accident 2nd degree mansalughter.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

The trouble is that we have a whole lot of people who join the forces etc.. just so they can kill. Battle hardened officers are not who we need patrolling our streets. This is not a war zone! I would want to know how many have died at this mans hands prior to this incident.
edit on 19-12-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

ColeYounger
I wish I had a nickel for everyone who's been "accidentally" shot by a cop.

The gun went off and he didn't even know it went off ? It went off a the same moment the a flash bang went off ? Well...if that's what they said, that must have been it.

Oh My God !! Come on guys !! That's the best ya got ?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I'm starting to think that cops are just trying to find ways to get paid vacation. If they are denied, all they have to do is shoot an unarmed person or beat one to death and voila, instant paid vacation!

Then as soon as it dies down in the media, they are quietly reinstated as if nothing happened.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's not uncommon for the cops to be close to internal affairs who investigate these kinds of cases. "Just tell me anything that even remotely makes sense, and we'll take care of you."

This is just absurd. The gun goes off without the officer knowing, at the exact same time a flash bang goes off, and the shot hits a woman square in the head.

Then, the cop gets PAID time off.

It's just like the cops who arrested a man in Colorado for openly carrying a weapon when it was made legal to do so in 2003 and they claim "they didn't know."

In a time when cops are getting away with murder and doing pretty much whatever they want without penalty, and we get harassed for literally no good reason, something needs change.
edit on 19-12-2013 by Kevinquisitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

He apparently didn't receive appropriate training on how to hold his firearm and placement of his trigger finger. It is taught in Law Enforcement Academies everywhere for this exact reason.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
My thought is that maybe this cop had something going on with the woman and didn't want her to rat on him.
There is no way that a woman was accidentally shot in the head during a flash grenade while only one shot was fired. And for the cop to say that he didn't know his gun went off, please, he shot her to keep her quiet knowing exactly when he could do it and get away with it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join