It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed woman accidentally shot in head by police during raid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Police are now saying the shot that killed an unarmed Ohio woman during a botched drug raid was purely accidental–and the officer who fired the shot didn’t even know that his gun had gone off.

Generally I shy away from posting in this forum but in this case one has to say something.

I really wonder how gullible the police and media think people are. Since when does a policeman discharge his weapon and not know that he has done so? The police departments excuse for this is;

A police investigation determined that the fatal shot had come from the weapon of Sgt. Brett McKnight. According to a police press release, the news came as a surprise to McKnight, who was allegedly unaware that he had even fired. The department suspects that McKnight fired his weapon by accident, at the exact moment that the flash grenade was detonated.

Even though this happened during a Ross County sheriff’s department executed search warrant and the right address, the discharge of his weapon is inexcusable. It resulted in the death of an unarmed woman which though stated as accidental should carry the charge of manslaughter or 2nd degree felony. However so far all he gets is paid leave.

What say you ATS?

Source

Mods if this has already been posted please close.
edit on 12/17/2013 by pstrron because: forgot the link to the source

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If he discharged his weapon without knowing it, what business does he have carrying one?

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I really wonder how gullible the police and media think people are.

They know we're not gullible, It's just that they also know that any story they concoct is enough to get them off...ANY story.

We have no rights but they can't just state it as fact so this is how they get away with murder.

Largest criminal gang in the World...Police.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Exactly, if it was either you or I...well...we know where that story would end. But for the police, its a Ok.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I wish I had a nickel for everyone who's been "accidentally" shot by a cop.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

We have no rights but they can't just state it as fact so this is how they get away with murder.

It reminds me of the case where they kicked in the door of an elderly lady (wrong address) and shot her around 15 times. I think she was in her 80's in a wheel chair and unarmed and the police were never charged. I'm sure they said they were in fear for their life. Having a badge and a gun is a license to murder with a get out of jail free card.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

No Doubt.They will tell almost anything and get away with it.I dont care if the damn stun grenade went off at the exact same instant,are we expected to believe he felt no recoil when his sidearm "accidently" went off.Is he numb from the scalp down? Thats like saying i never felt my car hit that pedestrian.......oh yeah,I forgot about that one,my mistake.....peace ya'll

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Mother of 4, how sad.
Woman receives head wound as result of accidentally firing his gun at the exact same moment a flash bang went off?
Gee, what are the odds on that?
I think we're being lied to.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Just on a personal perspective, where I live the police don't even have guns, mostly they stand on a street corner watching traffic and sending text messages. Really not a lot of crime other than stealing bicycles, cell phones and women's purses. Though everyday I read in the news that some policeman in the US has either shot, tazered or beat a person to death. There is something fundamentally wrong with that picture. I thought the police were to serve and protect not murder and mayhem.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
so if nobody heard a gunshot because of the flash grenade, how did they discover this? they're rounding up the occupants of the house and, strangely, one has been shot in the head? how'd they figure out HE had fired?

"hey sarge, if i'm not mistaken, i think you may have accidentally just blown that woman's head off."
"really? oh man! i didn't even realize. my bad."

moving on: there won't be any charges filed here. he's a police sergeant, she's some woman hanging out in a drug house. that's all you need to know and that's all the "authorities" will consider.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So, we can use this defense then in the court of law? I am sure us commoners will be able to utilize the same excuse.

"Your honor, while the dog barked, I apparently, at the same moment, discharged my weapon...."

What a damn shame this is going to pass and be shoved and added to a growing pile of dung beneath the "police are innocent" rug...

ETA:

And I normally give this type of situation as being "isolated".....
edit on 17-12-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Thats exactly what our police used to be. Of course they had guns. This is America and all. That aside..it seems in the realm of police duty, you guys have progressed while we have become complacent and REgressed.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Was a rough crowd they pulled out of that house.

Tackett arrested with a guy who did a home invasion demanding pills in the past.

www.10tv.com...

Still does not allow them to slide this under the rug for discharging a firearm and killing someone. His gun should be taken and he will be the new desk jockey for the rest of his carrier.

A story with more information. Six were arrested at the house along with guns drugs and paraphernalia.

www.chillicothegazette.com...

Put what was the crime she committed to get a death penalty?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

This story only validates my reason to buy another gun and more ammo to (ACTUALLY) serve and protect my family and community.

We're getting closer and closer folks. Beware

Police is a fallacy, out-dated, and needs to be implemented with a more intelligent idea of security for OUR own sake before our mother(s), wife(s), and daughter(s) are raped with the "new" standard of strip search with Police Benefits

"I say kill them, before they kill us" attitude, is that wrong? The thought of the modern times going back to the ol' westerns isn't far off.

Just saying what everyone is thinking IMHO

S&F I scream more attention please!
edit on 17-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: Spelling and Grammer, duuuuu, LOL

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You know what's worse than a policeman that doesn't know he has fired his weapon?

A population that let's this sort of thing keep happening without getting off their asses and making them change how the police interact with the public!

We are going to keep hearing stories like this until the communities and it's people finally stand up and say......"that's enough".

Until then, there is always going to be another mother of 4 or an old lady in wheelchair scheduled to die.

edit on 17-12-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
A population that let's this sort of thing keep happening without getting of their asses and making them change how the police interact with the public!

Yet we demand if of the populace who do own guns; why not the officers who are acting for the State? They are not above any law (or shouldn't be) and their actions, should be held just as accountable.

A "professional", placed into a high-stress situation and discharges a firearm without "knowing" should be removed from the department period.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Was a rough crowd they pulled out of that house...Still does not allow them to slide this under the rug for discharging a firearm and killing someone. His gun should be taken and he will be the new desk jockey for the rest of his carrier. A story with more information. Six were arrested at the house along with guns drugs and paraphernalia.

Agreed, they were not the jewels of society so no tears for them. However, only one shot fired and it just so happens to be a head shot on an unarmed woman...hmmmmm Plus he says he didn't realize he had discharged his weapon...now that's right up there with President Clinton saying he didn't have sex with Monika, caugh, caugh.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

A "professional", placed into a high-stress situation and discharges a firearm without "knowing" should be removed from the department period.

I agree. But these sorts of events are just glossed over and we never say anything about it. Why aren't the local people outraged enough to say that this is not acceptable?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Is the bar really that low to become a police officer?

sheesh.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

That is a darn good question and I believe it is how the events are spun. "It was a drug-house", "they were all criminals", "bad people were taking off the streets"....etc. The local populace just chalks it up to "incidental" murder; er sorry; incidental damages.

The core of the story is why the officer discharged in my opinion and also to the how they didn't know they actually discharged. Why was his finger on the trigger (any trained person would know that you don't place your finger on the trigger unless you are ready to fire), why, given their training, did flashbangs startle the officer? Etc, etc....we won't know, save a dead person and an absolved officer who was just doing their jobs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join