It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God as You Understand IT to Be Shows Up On Your Doorstep

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

winofiend
reply to post by vethumanbeing

God appears at my door. I open the door.

nothing is there.

A blowfly sneaks in... god damn it.

This about sums it up. But if I weren't interested in summarizing, I would cast my lot in with this one :

AliceBleachWhite

Anyone presenting themselves as a 'god' on my doorstep gets kicked in the fork.

1. For pretending to be omniscient when in fact such would be a lie based on limitation of distribution of faith, geography, demographic, and time.

2. For presuming I'd be impressed, or care whether they claim to be a 'god'.

Next, I hold them accountable for the actions of their people, whomever their 'people' might be which would call for more kicking in the fork, as well as demands for payment of restitution owed to the planet for the troubles they've caused in instigating a faith movement and then abandoning it to the interpretations of their followers.

Suffice to say, there'd be quite a bit of kicking in the fork, as well as demands for payments of restitution owed the people of Earth, on top of demands for public apology and public shaming for abandonment and responsibility for the atrocities committed by adherents in their name.

edit on 18-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

schuyler

godlover25

I speak with God one-on-one almost all day long, every single day,

God spoke to Son of Sam, too. You people are very scary dudes.

actually I wouldn't be quite so sure... who's word did we have for it, Sam's?

Interesting that you would make such an observation. Who's word do we have that God talks to YOU, which was kind of the original point? You say God talks to you. Son of Sam says God talks to him. Sounds pretty much the same to me. Why should I believe you over him. You want proof God talked to Son of Sam. Well, I want proof God talked to you and your "word" isn't good enough.

In the early days of the Mormon religion Joseph Smith, the founder, was in a meeting with his fellow Mormons in a closed room. Many of them were smoking cigars and the room became dense with smoke. Smith became agitated at the smoke and stormed out of the room. A few minutes later he came back in and told his guys,

"God just told me you guys can't smoke!"

And so smoking is prohibited in the Mormon religion.

So when someone claims God talks to him I think it best to take it with a large grain of salt, indeed, a whole box full, because all it tells me is that you are seriously delusional. Who knows what "God" will tell you to do tomorrow. And that makes you dangerous.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

God doesn't talk to me... sucks really

I'm unconcerned... I believe!

oh and I read last night that a neighbors dog was supposedly talking to this son of Sam.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

God doesn't talk to me... sucks really

I'm unconcerned... I believe!

oh and I read last night that a neighbors dog was supposedly talking to this son of Sam.

I'm sorry. You replied to my post asking for proof of Son of Sam talking to God. I was actually referring to this statement:

godlover25

I speak with God one-on-one almost all day long, every single day,

He speaks to you as well, but you may not be able to discern His voice,

God bless

Sorry for the mix-up. My bad. But the same issues still apply.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

oh cool... sheet happens!

here ya go found this though,

[[At a press conference in February 1979, Berkowitz declared that his previous claims of demonic possession were a hoax.[67] In a series of meetings with his special court-appointed psychiatrist, the noted scholar David Abrahamsen, Berkowitz admitted that he had long contemplated murder to lash out at a world that he felt had rejected and hurt him.[67] Berkowitz felt particular anger over his lack of success with women and thus singled out attractive young women as victims.]]

[[In 1987, Berkowitz claimed to have become a born again Christian in prison.[69] According to his personal testimony, his moment of conversion occurred after reading Psalm 34:6 from a Bible given to him by a fellow inmate.[70] He says he is no longer to be referred to as the "Son of Sam"; rather he is now, he says, the "Son of Hope." In the same testimony, he stated that his involvement in the occult had been a major factor in the Son of Sam murders.]]

en.wikipedia.org...

freakin' psycho's man! find god later in prison eh? that should give us a clue Sherlock?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

freakin' psycho's man! find god later in prison eh? that should give us a clue Sherlock?

(Sigh). I can't believe people are still missing the point in favor of pedantic objections. Let's try one more time.

1.) We have at least one person here who claims he speaks to God on a daily basis.

2.) Lots of people in history have claimed to speak with God, from Moses, to Joseph Smith, to any number of preacher-types, to people LIKE the Son of Sam. Take "Son of Sam" as a metaphor for criminals who have killed in the name of God saying God TOLD them to do it.

3.) What makes number 1.) above different than number 2.) above?

Answer: Nothing.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
SisyphusRide
vethumanbeing

VeteranHumanBeingWhat if you understood there are 12 universes bubbled together;

SisyphusRidethis can not be observed beyond the fantasy realm of the blackboard and a small group of people on an island who would be considered to the rest of us, by all means... nuttier than a fruitcake....but I won't go there, we have no concrete evidence so entertaining someones fantasy would be alot like Dawkins loving theists.it just ain't gonna happen till he calls for the priest to give him more life when he passes beyond... very similar to what Sagan did on his deathbed. Should I entertain a fantasy that's called a theory? or have the theists been all along?

There is more fruit in a nutcake than nuts in a fruitcake. I have no idea who this 'Dawkins' character is; can you extropolate? Sagan in his cowardace flipped theories; can you blame him, as he was about to meet his (potential) maker (his wife declines this truism). Entertain whatever rings the truth, be it fantacy or 'an incling' that something else is not being shared with the public consciousness, sort of goes back the initial question; what would you have to say if (holding a belief system) your god showed up on your doorstep? alicebleachwhite answered with honesty (no affiliation to 7th Day Adventists of course).
edit on 18-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
schuyler
SisyphusRide

schuler
(Sigh). I can't believe people are still missing the point in favor of pedantic objections. Let's try one more time.
1.) We have at least one person here who claims he speaks to God on a daily basis.
2.) Lots of people in history have claimed to speak with God, from Moses, to Joseph Smith, to any number of preacher-types, to people LIKE the Son of Sam. Take "Son of Sam" as a metaphor for criminals who have killed in the name of God saying God TOLD them to do it.
3.) What makes number 1.) above different than number 2.) above? Answer: Nothing.

Why is it fine that Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Siddhartha can have a moment with God; say they did (SPEAK TO) and not be stoned, put in prison, tickled to death; or at least be housed in a functioning mental facility. Someone in modernday would be castigated/catagorised as a lunitic. Whats changed? Psychiatric diagnosis applied? Id like to see anyone of these individuals go through some multi-phasic-personality testing, and see how theyd score; as meglomaniacal, delusional egocentrics?. I know how modernday pulpit masters get around this; by quoting scripture written by before said lunatics (blame game thwarted).

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
HOW THE BLOODY HELL DID YOU GET PAST THE LOCKED 6 FOOT FENCE, AND BULL MASTIFFS?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

HigherTruth
HOW THE BLOODY HELL DID YOU GET PAST THE LOCKED 6 FOOT FENCE, AND BULL MASTIFFS?

Last name is 'Coward', engineered the escape from the Nazi War prisoner camp 'stalag 17', I was known as the 'cooler king'; you can bribe Ukrainian guards to look the other way regarding 'tunneling' (I had prior experience).

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

vethumanbeing

Why is it fine that Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Siddhartha can have a moment with God; say they did (SPEAK TO) and not be stoned, put in prison, tickled to death; or at least be housed in a functioning mental facility. Someone in modernday would be castigated/catagorised as a lunitic. Whats changed? Psychiatric diagnosis applied? Id like to see anyone of these individuals go through some multi-phasic-personality testing, and see how theyd score; as meglomaniacal, delusional egocentrics?. I know how modernday pulpit masters get around this; by quoting scripture written by before said lunatics (blame game thwarted).

it's not "fine." I certainly never suggested such.

What has changed is the gullibility of the average citizen. During the times of the ancients it was an accepted part of reality that people COULD talk with their deities. It was a part of their reality the same way they believed that if you sneezed, your soul was exposed, so to say "God Bless you" scared the demons away long enough for your soul to once again safely ensconse itself in your body. Even as late as 150 years ago the medical profession believed that if you bled someone, with leeches if a medical kit were not available, this would "balance the humors" of the body and make you well again.

Further, these stories of people talking to God are obscured by history. We have some ancient texts and we think we know what they mean, so it's generations removed from someone who observes you saying you talk to God. We don't have more direct knowledge of what they actually said. Even then they may have been perfectly reasonable but couch their edicts in ancient language. "Here, breathe the smoke of this cinnamon bark to scare the demons away from your body!" might translate in modern terms to "Take this antibiotic to clear up this infection." I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater here just because they used different terminology.

However, when a person today says he "talks to God on a daily basis" then that is pause for concern. I that means you want to build a temple of stone in your backyard, great. You have the right to do that. The problem occurs when you say, "God told me the infidels must pay for their blasphemy." That's a scary direction to take. Even of it's "just" a Jonestown massacre or the Hale-Bopp comet causing the suicide of a few bewildered followers, that takes it beyond a bit of harmless self-delusion into affecting others.

In other words, if you claim to talk with God, you need to be watched before your delusions make you do something stupid that affects other people.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
schuyler
vethumanbeing

VeteranHumanBeing

Schuyler
it's not "fine." I certainly never suggested such.
What has changed is the gullibility of the average citizen. During the times of the ancients it was an accepted part of reality that people COULD talk with their deities. It was a part of their reality the same way they believed that if you sneezed, your soul was exposed, so to say "God Bless you" scared the demons away long enough for your soul to once again safely ensconse itself in your body. Even as late as 150 years ago the medical profession believed that if you bled someone, with leeches if a medical kit were not available, this would "balance the humors" of the body and make you well again.

I think back in the day (half a million years ago) we had the mental capacity to telepath directly to 'God-aspect'. I believe this ability was de-engineered (removed) from of our DNA componants; on purpose. How far we have fallen using bleeding techniques/slice and dice medicine to fix an essencially 'spiritual' problem (we dont talk to or manage our bodies; as in tell the individual cell componants, the heart the liver, SOMEONE IS IN CHARGE steering the ship).

Schuyler
Further, these stories of people talking to God are obscured by history. We have some ancient texts and we think we know what they mean, so it's generations removed from someone who observes you saying you talk to God. We don't have more direct knowledge of what they actually said. Even then they may have been perfectly reasonable but couch their edicts in ancient language. "Here, breathe the smoke of this cinnamon bark to scare the demons away from your body!" might translate in modern terms to "Take this antibiotic to clear up this infection." I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater here just because they used different terminology.

Problems within dialects or languages; 'brother' in one might specify 'diety' in another (christ) meaning annoited means again brother in another; all confused and it seems that this was the plan in the first place; devide machiavellian style the human races, locale and tongues.

Schuyler
However, when a person today says he "talks to God on a daily basis" then that is pause for concern. I that means you want to build a temple of stone in your backyard, great. You have the right to do that. The problem occurs when you say, "God told me the infidels must pay for their blasphemy." That's a scary direction to take. Even of it's "just" a Jonestown massacre or the Hale-Bopp comet causing the suicide of a few bewildered followers, that takes it beyond a bit of harmless self-delusion into affecting others.

Just. A. Jonestown. Massacre. Just. Kill. The. Infidels. You made your point; and A VERY GOOD ONE: (heavens gate, Escondito CA) was horrible. Self-delusion is not Harmless, it is dangerous in the ability of Someone can lead others to self destruction willingly. What is this all about; exploiting the weak? how can God let this happen (others speaking falsely in ITS behalf and in allowance of it).

Schuyler
In other words, if you claim to talk with God, you need to be watched before your delusions make you do something stupid that affects other people.

(ATF/NSA has all of this under control; you arent related to Robert, bankrupt 'crystal cathedral' televangelist by any chance/had to ask as it is my unstoppable nature to do so).

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
What questions would you have for its 'sudden appearance'. It could arrive as Buddha/Siddhartha(with a begging bowl) Yahweh(with brimstone fire and dragging the Arc of the Covenant), Allah with Mohammed carrying the tent poles and 50 camels) Would you question these beings as demi-gods or stepped down representitives of a system of refined patterning? All That Is or (Absolute Unbounded Oneness) creates within itself smaller and smaller INTENSE factions of itself (in order to define what it IS). PMR, Physical Matter Reality vs NPMR (non-physical matter reality), and then the other, Physical matter manifold reality which is matter based (actionary). We as its final human result should have some questions regarding our purpose/intent or manipulation.
edit on 17-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Namaste, Vethumanbeing. First of all, the manifestations of God whom you mentioned would never show up at anybody's doorstep. Because in order to do that, they would need to lower a part of their mind into the dense 3rd Dimension, creating a persona that can be easily clouded by temptations and ego-centric messages. I'm not saying that it would affect them, but the chances are very high due to this world's lowered vibrations. This is why you see Yahweh in the Old Testament as an angry and war-like God. Therefore, Buddha Gautama wouldn't show up to your doorstep. He would instead wait for you to show to him. God wants us to train and experience this world for ourselves, no matter how difficult it is. If and when you learn your true potential, you will raise your consciousness to the 5th Dimension, which is where the first level of Heaven resides. There, Buddha Gautama or Allah would love to speak with you in person.

But while you are traversing the 3rd Dimensional Earth, they will only show up to you via dreams or out-of-body experiences when your consciousness has been raised to a certain point. You are using one of your higher bodies during these instances. Thus, it is easier for you to meet with God. As the old saying goes, when the student is ready, the teacher will show. However, this doesn't mean that you will not meet Angels in real life. They are our Guardians and Caretakers. Some Angels exist in the 4th Dimension and are very close to us in energy vibration. So they will show up in human disguises in order to help or test you in certain situations. But the Masters whom you mentioned would never make an appearance as the Angels would. Archangels, The Seraphim, Powers, or Principalities would also show up in your dreams like the Masters, or some manifestations in the physical if there is a special appearance of an Avatar, in the case of Jesus' arrival.

Do I have any questions when they show up in my dreams or OBE? No, not really. Because I AM ONE with Yahweh, Master Gautama, and Allah. Any question I may have, I just access my Divine Presence (My Father, God), whom is also ONE with me. There is no need to wait for anyone to show up on my doorstep, for I AM God, and God is ONE with me.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

My first question:

"When are we interstellar?"

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
ctophil
vethumanbeing

ctophil
Namaste, Vethumanbeing. First of all, the manifestations of God whom you mentioned would never show up at anybody's doorstep. Because in order to do that, they would need to lower a part of their mind into the dense 3rd Dimension, creating a persona that can be easily clouded by temptations and ego-centric messages. I'm not saying that it would affect them, but the chances are very high due to this world's lowered vibrations. This is why you see Yahweh in the Old Testament as an angry and war-like God. Therefore, Buddha Gautama wouldn't show up to your doorstep. He would instead wait for you to show to him. God wants us to train and experience this world for ourselves, no matter how difficult it is. If and when you learn your true potential, you will raise your consciousness to the 5th Dimension, which is where the first level of Heaven resides. There, Buddha Gautama or Allah would love to speak with you in person.

YES YES AND RESOUNDING YES. Buddha looks for you to find him in the same way he found his 'intuition/master/SELF'. Yahweh would attack you first and bludeon its way into your very laddened fear holding heart (my way or the highway). No one seems to understand 'personal raising of consciousness' (the western thoughtform is oblivious to this). Greetings!

ctophil
But while you are traversing the 3rd Dimensional Earth, they will only show up to you via dreams or out-of-body experiences when your consciousness has been raised to a certain point. You are using one of your higher bodies during these instances. Thus, it is easier for you to meet with God. As the old saying goes, when the student is ready, the teacher will show.

Higher consciousness is dreamstate can be described as 'lucid dreaming' (the ability to change dream outcomes) or oobe's; wherein you can actually audience with your higher selves.

ctophilHowever, this doesn't mean that you will not meet Angels in real life. They are our Guardians and Caretakers. Some Angels exist in the 4th Dimension and are very close to us in energy vibration. So they will show up in human disguises in order to help or test you in certain situations. But the Masters whom you mentioned would never make an appearance as the Angels would. Archangels, The Seraphim, Powers, or Principalities would also show up in your dreams like the Masters, or some manifestations in the physical if there is a special appearance of an Avatar, in the case of Jesus' arrival.

The 'masters I mentioned' were just a challenge to stimulate thoughtform; and you have explained this beautifully (as I knew you would).

ctophil
Do I have any questions when they show up in my dreams or OBE? No, not really. Because I AM ONE with Yahweh, Master Gautama, and Allah. Any question I may have, I just access my Divine Presence (My Father, God), whom is also ONE with me. There is no need to wait for anyone to show up on my doorstep, for I AM God, and God is ONE with me.

Well worth repeating, I say it again and again, I am God or the All that IS/Absolute Unbounded Oneness; as much as everyone else IS the expression of; is also God. Why is this concept so hard to understand. IF THE EGO OVERLAY WOULD/COULD JUST DISAPEAR or lesson its dynamic; perhaps human consciousness may have the opportunity to evolve into something less self centered and become excessively joyfull; creative and positive (it doesnt exist here but it does in the 5th D).

edit on 19-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Vicarious10000

My first question:
"When are we interstellar?"

Its within your genetics (a product of stardust would be the answer to a child, your forebearers did not originate on earth); so you always have been interstellar. Physically or psychially, when you are out of body; or what is called 'dreamstate'. Your consciousness is traveling to off world realms everytime you lay your head to 'sleep', or are able to reach a somnobulust meditative state. A simple way to put it is this: you are leaving your house and have to go back in to make sure the stove is turned off. You had an instance of a "DISCONNECT" with this reality (as you thought you forgot something); where was your consciousness in that nanosecond (it wasnt there, it was somewhere else).
edit on 19-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

That does nothing for the survival of the species past the life expectancy of the sun.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

God speaks to us all!

Just because son of sam (David Berkowitz) confused the voice of the evil one with the voice of the Light and Love doesn't mean God doesn't speak,

Just because you do not realize when God is speaking, doesn't mean God doesn't speak,

You know when you see a homeless person and you hear that voice that says to give them a little food or money? Who's voice is that?

If you understood exactly what God is, you would understand everybody hears His voice,

Secular types call it the "conscience",

Christians call it the Holy Spirit.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Vicarious10000

Vicarious10000
That does nothing for the survival of the species past the life expectancy of the sun.

Who said 'survival' was a promised reoccuring incidence for any living being in THIS version of the 3D experiment (there will be others as always have been). Entropy at some point will not be quelled/lessoned, and the rubberband of this physical matter reality will snap (poof), but another will replace it; if not doing so at this moment with the 3-and 5d merging (raising ones individual consciousness to integrate into the higher vibration). Not sure about the sun and its plans; (still hoping RA and Gaia will legitimize their relationship), adopt the bald headed Moon as a satilite child.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
godlover25

godlover25
God speaks to us all!
If you understood exactly what God is, you would understand everybody hears His voice,
Secular types call it the "conscience",
Christians call it the Holy Spirit.

Some also call it "the Free Will Awareness Unit", soul/spirit or the nonphysical componant to our individuation (whole point being a learning process of physical and spiritual growth) to advance the specie thereby advancing the Whole of All That Is; or God within your context.
edit on 20-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join