It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could they really keep ETs secret?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Interesting question Isaac and as the years pass by I am more inclined to believe that there can be no overall global government conspiracy to conceal the existence of advance ETs visiting this earth. I did perhaps once think that when I was much younger and when information was much harder to come by.

But even before the internet age of the 21st Century I had already came to the conclusion that if there really was intelligent life out there that had came here then visits would have almost certainly have been fairly rare.

I think life exists across the universe. Mathematical probability is almost certainly in favour of it.

However what are the chances of intelligent creatures developing to look like us, being able to detect our civilization before their own extinction, traverse the vast emptiness of space, develop the ability to speak our languages and even breathe our atmosphere easily without assistance?

UFO folklore had this as a semi-regular occurrence in the 1950s - 1970s. Not only that, aliens often decided to speak to seemingly random members of society. But that was heavily based around intelligent life existing in the neighbourhood. Now of course the trend is that "Ancient Aliens" were involved in our pre-history in some way.

We know that life in the Solar System probably cannot exist at anything approaching the intelligence of many species on Earth have (unless they are well hidden from us). So it seems that a couple of nations or even the Western allies could not keep something so secret for so long.

Unless of course there are just a few "real" incidents, buried under the deluge of fantastic stories from attention seekers, disguised by mis-information and dis-information of hoaxers, and a lot less exciting than some of the UFO lore that has been out there for decades.

Perhaps one of those classic UFO incidents was really "the one" and perhaps the only time we've came across ET? In which case keeping the secret could well be easier and as time goes by and even be forgotten. Maybe only a few dozen people were/are aware of such a case?

Imagine if in the decades now gone someone found ancient DNA evidence, a crashed craft, an unexplainable signal or even the very basic confirmation that simple life is out there on one of other bodies in our solar system BUT it is dangerous to all life on Earth. It would probably be prudent to keep it all under wraps until we could do something about it.

edit on 17/12/13 by mirageman because: Bad Spellings

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Imagine if in the decades now gone someone found ancient DNA evidence, a crashed craft, an unexplainable signal or even the very basic confirmation that simple life is out there on one of other bodies in our solar system BUT it is dangerous to all life on Earth. It would probably be prudent to keep it all under wraps until we could do something about it.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. It may also explain the general consensus that Presidents or indeed Prime Ministers don't know anything about the UFO subject.
edit on 17-12-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I personally think that the bigger the secret, the harder it would be to keep, mostly because of the number of people who would be involved with it and because people are big blabber mouths.

Considering that some kind of proof of life and intelligence beyond Earth would possibly be the biggest secret ever, and also considering that studying that proof would probably involve the work of tens of thousands of people, I find it very unlikely that the government (U.S.) would be able to keep the secret for any length of time.

Smaller secrets with fewer people involved, sure. Not alien life.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yes.

The government has kept silent about it for so long now that most people will rationalize sightings on their own.

To say that the government can't keep secrets is to presume that you know all the secrets the gov keeps...which would mean there are no secrets.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
ET have to be behind the coverup. it would not work any other way, lets face it if ET wanted to say hello we have nothing stopping them.

the circle of humans in on this secret must be quite small, but who would beleive anyway? somthing this big has only 2 chances of being revealed

its either a) undeniable video evidence (1080p up close of the beings and craft) or b) physical evidence

since neither exist, humans can shout and scream ET all they like but mostly its landing on deaf ears.

we need somthing HUGE to happen, and lets face it, its not going to be easy to get hold of such evdience, if these beings are indeed on a whole other level of intellect.

if you were on the inside of a very special group, would you risk getting caught stealing or taping the aliens? which would most likely end in certain execution

lets say aliens have bases with humans on earth, the humans wont get into said base without first being stripped naked, scanned probed, examined thourughly before even getting close to take a pic

wouldn't be that hard to keep a lid on things, unless a ship crashes in a populated area
edit on 17-12-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Blue Shift
I personally think that the bigger the secret, the harder it would be to keep, mostly because of the number of people who would be involved with it and because people are big blabber mouths.

Considering that some kind of proof of life and intelligence beyond Earth would possibly be the biggest secret ever, and also considering that studying that proof would probably involve the work of tens of thousands of people, I find it very unlikely that the government (U.S.) would be able to keep the secret for any length of time.

Smaller secrets with fewer people involved, sure. Not alien life.

This seems to be a common argument, I'd like to break it down a little. What exactly is a 'big secret'? What makes a secret 'bigger' than another secret? Technically speaking, I'd say it's the number of people that the secret is kept from. But I think a lot of people are approaching it more from the perspective of 'a secret that would cause a big impact if it were uncovered' But why should a secret with a 'big impact' require more people to be involved?

Are people approaching the 'big secret' argument from the perspective of 'a big undertaking is being kept secret'. If the 'bigness' of the secret is defined by what is involved in the activity being kept secret, how can we possibly speak to that without knowing what is actually being done with regards to ET?

This is a big secret in terms of how many people are being kept in the dark, and a big secret in terms of the impact it would have on society - but neither of these things mean that more people would need to keep the secret.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

There is no one "THEY". Some will never admit it, some will never believe it, some are laughing and some are screaming "theyre HERE!" from the rooftops right now, and others have been acknowledging their existence all along.

So there is no "they" to keep anything from us....there are wars, arguments, different idealogies, religions...the whole world as one will never agree on any one thing at the same time nor to keep anything from anyone.

Wont happen...there is no "THEY.....that are keeping quiet.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I would have to say no. They have been horrible at keeping the 'others' secret! 400 government and private contractors signing their name under constitutional oath - is not keeping a lid on the box! Astronaut testimony of not being alone in space! Come on now! Mass sightings... But the disinformation drip fed to the public over the past offset that shock... and well then they let us do the rest. So at best I say they - manage it, and allow the divisions they have set in place in societies to do the hard work. We're all too busy arguing to really step back and realize...

We are not alone in the Universe, and what's more, even if only a fraction of UFO's are actual non-human intelligences - then we're not even alone on our own biosphere! What's more, the rabbit hole of quantum is suggesting dimensions - and well - it's just so obvious I sit back and can only shake my head in bewilderment.

Our governments and elite - I think in the matters of UFO and the others operating them - I think the are powerless. They have no control over them, so what can the government say or do really? To acknoweledge it would be to invite public demand and what to do about it. The public will want answers, meaning.... Perhaps that's how religion came about. A mass sighting back thousands of years ago witnessed by entire cities.... The elected leaders may have been backed into a corner where the public demanded answers... and thus the sky gods were born and given meaning to satisfy public demand...

No they can't keep the secret. But they can socially engineer our perceptions of the what the secret is exactly. Aliens, demons, angel, vampires, fairy, ghost, swamp gas, weather balloons, hoax, bird, plane, and leave it to us to muddy up the waters.

CdT

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Maybe its also that these aliens dont want ppl to be aware of them, maybe the men who control this world and others have made some secret deals long time ago already with them and each other. I believe this have been going on for since mankind first baby steps and we masses the 99% are some sort of test subjects, not so natural beings to earth either.. Just my own theories of reality.

Oh yeah also want to add that maybe these aliens that lives here in earth for since man was created are the original man and we just grow their "souls", bodies dies and souls grows theorie.
edit on 17-12-2013 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Your entire post ... and more specifically

No they can't keep the secret. But they can socially engineer our perceptions ... and leave it to us to muddy up the waters.

has never been better said. Spade!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I look at it this way, they have managed to keep information on the Kennedy killing secret for over 50 years from the public, and made the documents unavailable to the public for another 50 years, when they had the only suspect and its case closed. Why then will they not release the evidence for public examination, same as when you request documents on 50+ year old UFO sightings and their is more black lines than words. If there was nothing to hide, they do the best job of keeping the information to their selfs, surely the secrets would be of no use if they were trying to hide 1960's secret technology if it were ours.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

IsaacKoi
If the governments of, say, the USA and/or the United Kingdom knew about Extraterrestrial visitors, could they really manage to that knowledge a secret?

The truth always comes out.

If you don't want people to believe it, make a movie about it. Preferably before people hear it elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

signalfire
Isaac, let's flip this around, if I may...

If there is no, absolutely NO alien presence visiting this planet, and none ever in the history of the globe, then a guy who was trusted enough to work at the UK Ministry of Defense, and another guy high up in the executive hierarchy in Canada, and several men the US government has entrusted with shooting off nuclear missiles from a bunker on orders from the President, regardless if that act will result in their family's death, and their own death soon after from either blast effect or radiation, are all certifiably insane, or liars.

Thanks for the comments signalfire (and others).

I don't think that Nick Pope or Paul Hellyer claim to have seen undeniable proof of ET visitation will working for the UK MoD and the Canadian government respectively - so I don't think we'd have to label them "insane or liars" to deal with their views.

In Nick Pope's case, the evidence he has referred to seeing while working for the MoD is largely in the public domain. We can look at that evidence ourselves and form our own views.

In Paul Hellyer's case, his opinions appear to be based on reading and hearing stories after leaving public office (e.g. reading Corso's book). Again, we can read those books and listen to the same stories ourselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

mirageman
Perhaps one of those classic UFO incidents was really "the one" and perhaps the only time we've came across ET? In which case keeping the secret could well be easier and as time goes by and even be forgotten. Maybe only a few dozen people were/are aware of such a case?

Mmm. If that turned out to be the case, both UFO researchers and skeptics would probably claim that they were basically right all along...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If that is the case, it brings some points I have posted in the past:

Why the coverup of something non existent? Disinfo? For what>? Some super duper jet with very high tech weapon? So what? Unless it can do what 'out of this world technology' can do, then it is understandable.

Why is there no solid evidence of the whole UFO conspiracy being a false alarm? Some say someone would really have blown the whistle as there would be no way to hide something so big worldwide. Ok, actually we have had many people telling something but when no one believers them - does it really make a difference?

And still, like some said, for such a thing there has got to be whistelblowers, where are the ones who prove that the UFO/Alien phenomena is a false alarm?

When we ask for evidence, it should go BOTH ways before making conclusions what it is and what is not.

I have seen many times not believing in real cases - of not UFOs but other things, even the 'gov spying on you' was considered by many ridiculous and non existent - nutjobs would say that, now what do you think?

It is even better for them to leave whistelblowers alone then harm them, unless they show solid evidence - like crash sites.

Why is it so impossible to hide the evidence fully? I remember when in one movie from the 80s they said 'those who know, do not speak, those who speak do not know'

I cannot say Yes to Aliens but I cannot say No as well, there is nothing conclusive.

For many skeptics here it is conclusive 'No', I think there is plenty of reasons to not rush with that conclusion

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SkuzzleButt

I agree. If they are here then they keep themselves hidden and the number of humans who have proof or possibly work with them of this is very low and each person is hand picked.

Humans have not even achieved type 1 civilization status on the Kardashev scale, meaning we still much more primitive than any ET visitors would be. Maybe more advanced civilizations abide by something like the prime directive when they come across a civilization like ourselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
How big a secret could YOU keep, if a lot of money and a cushy life was involved in the secret-keeping, and your death, or your family's death, was involved in the telling?

And if you had personal or anecdotal knowledge that retribution for telling the secret would be near-instantaneous?

If you had become so paranoid by working for an over-reaching government that you were convinced YOU had no secrets from them?

On another note, I love reading some of the posts where other people 'know' what the aliens would be like, act like (especially insofar as they'd contact us publicly if they were here), need as far as a home planet, or what technologies they might have perfected.

Have a good long think about what a culture a million years ahead of us would be like, and whether it would have its own agenda in visiting other planets, or just be stopping in to say hi?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Regardless of what one thinks about the "plasma" theory proffered in the now partially-unclassified British MOD Project Condign report, I think the evidence suggests that the report is their official and literal best guess relating the enigma.

The U.S., too--it seems--is like the rest of us: Generally befuddled and mystified by those very rare cases that do seem unexplainable using extant human knowledge.

If we do (on the lonesome occasion) come into contact with some physics-defying non-human intelligence, then the evidence to date suggests that they easily baffle us all---from the brightest minds to the mightiest of gubmint think-tanks.

Darn fine ufology, IsaacKoi and Xtraeme! Excellent commentary by OP and some valued participants.

Now, lemme put my lil' red horns on…Are there factions within the government(s) and/or military-industrial-corporate-intelligence-cut-out-complex that have some evidence that non-human intelligences of unspecified origin exist? That, imo, is an entirely different question.

edit on 18-12-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
More than secret if they wished. You only remember or see what they allow. Nothing to do with governments or black ops either. What the Higher Ups watching over allow only. So that there are crashes that would be impossible because they are truly impervious to our weapons and our weather systems, if they permit it to upgrade us. That there are sightings, memories, testimonies, is to wake more up, gradually, more and more. If it is all at once, thats their call and theirs alone. But so is everyone else's experiences, the one by one disclosures. There is no technology here that they can't use or veto and no thought we have that they can't erase or correct to their liking, they are in control of this. But its layers of an onion and Good/Higher Ups are the true ones who watch over.

I recall once being aware of feeling intimidated by whatever was surveillancing me, and quickly was shown levels, us, the lower down co-op et and paramilitary program and any of that level, and then they were above it all. All was calm, nothing to fear. Only what they allowed could ever happen. And this was a telepathic message but I saw my son, walk from the control chair to a huge viewing screen and the room spun and didn't know why I was here, just wanted to go home so bad. This son, was higher self to my son here.
edit on 18-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'll throw another idea into the mix that relates to something more down to earth but something "officialdom" chooses to leave to one side and even ignore in the absence of public pressure.

For as long as I can remember there have been intermittent reports of "Alien Big Cats" sighted in Britain. Now in modern times, the most ferocious feline native to these isles has been the Scottish Wildcat. Which looks like a slightly larger domestic cat and tends to live in remote areas of the far north of Scotland.

But down the years there have been many, many reports of non-native species of big cat sighted in more southern areas of Britain. Many of them "under the radar" of the news media even though some of the more legendary ones have been regularly reported in the style of the Loch Ness Monster mystery.

Other than in 1988 when Royal Marines were deployed to hunt the now infamous Beast of Exmoor (to no avail), the UK government has always taken a low key stance on the issue and perhaps for a simple reason. If it really was proven that a wild animal was loose in our countryside it would mean shutting down large areas to ramblers, tourists, farmers and even causing disruption to the local economy. When there is little evidence to justify such actions then politicians are nervous about losing votes.

Now there are, possibly, still a number of big cats running loose in the UK. But whilst they aren't killing human beings then the government will conveniently turn a blind eye.

So my point is that the governments of the world may well be aware of strange signals from space, spurious objects picked up by satellites, space stations and telescopes and even unauthorised intrusions of international airspace. Although they may have no idea what they are.

But whilst there seems to be no overall perceived danger to the public then it is best to stay silent on the issue.

edit on 18/12/13 by mirageman because: edits

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join