It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Has Been Found. Why Are They Keeping Us In The Dark?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

FlyersFan

muzzleflash
Well, according to my research there are ancient seashells found in the Himalayas.

We went fossil hunting in Canada ... near Niagara Falls. We found tons and tons of ancient
sea bed fossils. Brought some of them home. That was hundreds of miles inland and elevated
into Canada.

The Himalayas were previously the sea bed in the Tethys Sea (or ocean, not sure which). Either way, ancient sea bed hence the propensity of marine fossils at that elevation.

As to the OP, the "Ark" was been tested and the ribs of the "boat" were rock, not wood. Therefore it is not a boat, and never was.

Added to that are cuneiform tablets describing the Ark as being circular and being made of reed and bitumen. Noah's Ark was a coracle made out of reed and bitumen

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Simple mathmatics tell's us the Ark was a story. Simple logic say's the boat aint quite big enough. Now if you consider that instead of actual live animals onboard the boat was filled with small vials of DNA of all the animals ever. Then the boat might be big enough. You would need a boat the damn size of Texas and that would'nt be big enough for all them animals. Not to mention the food stuff's of all those animals. We have modern day aircraft carriers that make the Ark look like a canoe. And we cant stuff all those animals in there. Not in three of them, not in ten of them. These days we would'nt use an ark, we would use the ISS, impervious to floods.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

openyourmind1262
... small vials of DNA ...

Glad you brought up DNA. DNA shows that it is impossible for all the people on the planet to have come from three pair of related adults sitting on a boat over Turkey just 6,000 - 8,000 years ago. (which is what the bible dates the Ark to be from). It couldn't happen. And having just one pair of animals per species to reproduce from isn't a large enough genetics pool for the animal species to survive from.

The story, as it is written, is impossible.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And that is even before we look at the geological record, which coincidentally shows there was no global flood but instead various local floods over thousands of years (pulsewater flood events) as the last Ice Age petered out.

Still, we should never let facts get in the way of a good bible yarn should we?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Fast forward to the end of the thread and see that this isn't a very convincing find at all.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
6,300 feet up a mountain, um, so, there was enough water covering the whole world to a depth of 6,300 feet, so where did it all go? I dont think it drained away into the hollow earth, the steam pressure from hitting the molten lava would have blown the earth apart.
Am I thinking too far outside the box?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Right, Noah's ark was real and he had a pair of every animal and insect on earth in that little boat, not to mention enough food to feed those animals for 40 days. I never cease to be amazed.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by vivid1975

Life expectancy pre-flood was 850 years or so, some lived to be 1000 (that is a HUGE indication that the Earth's atmosphere and ecosystems were vastly different before "the event" then it was after; hint: this would render all carbon dating pre-flood as void)

The event changed the Earth forever moving forward, after a few generations life expectancy dropped dramatically. Abraham (a few generations from Noah) lived to be 150, Moses (a few generations after Abraham) lived to be 120. By the age of kings life expectancy leveled out at 70.

Noah lived to be over 900, so at 400 he would have felt like a 35 year old. It also took Noah 120 years to build the ark according to scripture, so the workforce didn't have to be more then 4 (Noah and 3 sons).

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

damwel
Right, Noah's ark was real and he had a pair of every animal and insect on earth in that little boat, not to mention enough food to feed those animals for 40 days. I never cease to be amazed.

God sustained Jesus Christ in the desert for 40 days without food and water.

And it was 7 of each clean animal and 2 of each unclean.

God is amazing!

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

ElohimJD

damwel

God is amazing!

God Bless,

"God is amazing". If this world and its suffering is what you call the work of an amazing god, you're one sick puppy. Try out this video for size.

edit on 18-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

ElohimJD

damwel

God is amazing!

God Bless,

Furthermore, created KINDS went on board the ark. For instance, 2 bears, not two of every current species of bear. That reduces the animal load by orders of magnitude.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Glad you brought up DNA. DNA shows that it is impossible for all the people on the planet to have come from three pair of related adults sitting on a boat over Turkey just 6,000 - 8,000 years ago. (which is what the bible dates the Ark to be from). It couldn't happen. And having just one pair of animals per species to reproduce from isn't a large enough genetics pool for the animal species to survive from.

The story, as it is written, is impossible.

That's funny, how can we descend from a common ancestor if a pair of a unique species isn't enough to survive from?

Surely not all animals evolved within a given population at the same time allowing for proper genetic variety to "survive from" right?

DNA can mutate, original genetic sample is not a permanent set of proteins, at times it mutates and changes to create variety.

Noah's daughter's in law were not of his and his sons race. If it is God's will to create life from a small original genetic sample (Adam and Eve), He can do the same in this instance. A lab views DNA as random chance genetic combination/variation, a follower of God views DNA as specifically arranged by a perfect God for your living blueprint. In one case it would be view as "impossible" to the other it is viewed as God's design.

Tomato, Tomaaato.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

"God is amazing". If this world and its suffering is what you call the work of an amazing god, you're one sick puppy. Try out this video for size.

According to the Word of God:

"this world and all its suffering" is a result of an age where mankind is allowed to rule themselves according to their own will (choose for themselves what is good and what is evil; what is true and what is false; whether Almighty God is real or imagined).

This world we live in is the very proof of the natural end of our carnal nature; this is the result of each man determining for themselves what is best for mankind, and living according to his personal desires.

This age is NOT God's design, it is mankind's design as influenced by the "god of this age" Satan. We were given 6 days to create our own world (6000 years) and it has failed in every possible way; the 7th day is God's (next 1000 years); then you will know that the Lord God is Almighty.

God's work is about to begin, he will usher in His Kingdom to rule over all the Earth, when this age of mankind's selfish making comes to its inevitable end shortly.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Oh, cool. So it was a set up from the beginning. It's good to know that God never intended for us to successfully do a good job of managing ourselves. Of course, given how narcissistic he has demonstrated himself to be (according to the Bible) it makes sense that he would want to rig the game before it ever started. The trick was to convince us that we did it to ourselves. Welcome to God's Carnival. Ta-da!
edit on 18-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
My question is:

How would someone prove it was Noah's Ark?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

There isn't enough time from the time of Noahs Ark for all the people on this planet ... and all the different strains of DNA and race ... to have evolved. It's impossible. And with only three pair of reproducing humans ... RELATED humans ... it simply can't happen.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I just watched your video. That was fun and well done.
I hope you don't mind, but I think I'll use that on other threads ...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

LOL WOW I hope you know that Robert Ballard has searched for a clue of the Deluged and he thinks he found some places and he Believes its true ... of what took place of the Gilgamesh Epic and Noah's Antediluvian Flood period ... and you hope you know this is the guy that FOUND the Titantic!!

Ballard and the Black Sea

Almost every culture on Earth includes an ancient flood story. Details vary, but the basic plot is the same: Deluge kills all but a lucky few

www.nationalgeographic.com...

Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened, Says Robert Ballard
Dec. 10, 2012
abcnews.go.com...

edit on 18-12-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

roadgravel
My question is:

How would someone prove it was Noah's Ark?

A good start might be to find something that isn't just a natural rock formation.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm sure these have been brought up, but bear repeating.

Ararat is a volcanic cone with little evidence that it was ever under water during the Flood, indicating that it may have formed after the Flood.

As they left the Ark, the animals would have had to make their way down a 16,950 ft (5,165 m) volcano.

Noah reported distant ranges without mentioning the closer Lesser Ararat.

www.answersingenesis.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join