It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Moon Rover: Picture of Mushroom Cloud over Europe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The image in question is actually the banner image for well-known (and private) torrent website TorrentDay.

www.torrentday.com...
imageupload.torrentinvites.org...

The Nuke-Earth image has been used for years by TD. Every so often - such as now - TD changes the banner to promote a specific torrent.

It would be interesting to know who designed and/or made the image. Also, why are the Chinese using it?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

By the direction of the map and angle i have to say it could be somewhere in the Eastern Europe maybe Balkans?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

A few things...

#1 Slayer you're hilarious.

#2 That explosion is bigger than the Tsar Bomba?!

#3 With all of the available workers and resources in China, isn't it most fascinating they just lifted a stock photo? Especially to promote an event that is suppose to "improve" their global image?

#4 Many expenses were spared.

I bet someone will get into a lot of trouble for this too. Considering past events and how things play out in cultural dynamics.

Anyways Props to China for trying to keep the "Moon Quest" alive.
If only the rest of the world were as gung ho about it....

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by teslarocks

Agreed, Moscow looks to be the location.
I only looked at maps and did some basic calculations and I come up with roughly the same location you have.

Sort of interesting considering this is probably an unintentional gaffe.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Could it be connected to this topic cosmic accelerator

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yeah no. It's actually directly over the center of Europe, genius.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

n00bUK

It's a stock photo...

]

Anybody else notice this? Why the hell would they put that there?

the image behind the Rover mock up is not a picture ...it is a 'stylized' image of a planet...
there might be some suggestion that the mushroom cloud that is both North+East of a suggested Arabian Peninsula

the image or graphic only seems to suggest that the globe is a view of the horn of Africa and Arabian Peninsula

if it is a true representation then the predicted, global tectonic Earth shift had taken place and the Mediterranian sea has shifted from due west of Arabia to a position North North West of the present day middle east Peninsula

then that supposed mushroom cloud would be located in Eastern Europe or European Russia and not Western Europe ....

i might think the mushroom image might be another 'Tunguska Event' repeat instead of a Nuke
because as i see the graphic is that the 1909 Tunguska asteroid explosion would be precisely where the mushroom cloud appears in the latitude+longitude grid of the present.... namely Eastern Siberia

its an intention getter...as it was meant to be

ADD: locate the mushroom cloud on this map...
www.worldatlas.com...

edit on 18-12-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I saw this on reddit and was thinking I should put this on ATS, but since it is a stockphoto and I knew somebody would do the work, I did not do it.
To be honest most stuff I find on ATS now comes directly from reddit, I get bored somehow.
Where is the original content?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wow that's weird...

Anyway be a nuke explosion or an asteroid (I am more for the latter), the explosion is HUGE and it makes the whole Black Sea disappear...I would dare to say it's an explosion comparable to the Yucatan asteroid blamed for the exinction of dinosaurs.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Rain cloud maybe??

Regardless, it doesn't look like an actual picture.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
could be an aseroid impact, china is rushing off to the moon to build bases to survive the impact!!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Staafke
Do you even know where Europe is? lol!
It obviously depicts the site in the south west of the country where the rover was launched. It's a bit out of place to be honest but I'm sure it's just that. Nice of you to bring this thread from godlikeproductions to ATS

I would fully agree with you. The angle at which the globe is turned makes it hard to see the depth and exactly where the cloud is but I would say it's over China.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

This is a snapshot of the future prophetic takeover of Europe by communist hords (in retaliation for the nuking of the United States in a sneak attack from Central Europe i.e. Germany).

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Russia and China are 'space rivals' ?

Since when ?

Russia sells China decades old tech, and has been for quite some time.

China will become a 'rival' when they stop hacking/stealing western tech and buying old stuff, and start coming up with there own.

Orlan space suits/ rad chips.

As to the photo in the op:

What makes people think the Chinese government is above propaganda ?

edit on 18-12-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
hmmm. while this is a 'stock image', i wonder why they used this particular one.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
What's in OMSK?,,Russia?

anything that would go boom?

Omsk
City in Russia
Omsk is a city and the administrative center of Omsk Oblast, Russia, located in southwestern Siberia 2,236 kilometers from Moscow. Wikipedia

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Nahhhh....its just Fukushimas plant 4 blowing its top. Moving on...........

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

OneManArmy
Europe?
Is that even Earth?
Its at a weird angle if it is.

Its still interesting why a mushroom cloud would be there at all.

The triangular bit is India, and the L shaped bit is Saudi Arabia . Then the two water masses around the area are obvious. The distance towards that cloud is one and a half times the length of Saudi Arabia taking into account perspective. Then you are looking at somewhere in the Ukraine.

I was thinking it might a depiction of the launch site, but that is the China Xichang Satellite Launch Center more towards the West side of China. That would have made sense if they had added some flight path or whiz lines showing the rocket being launched.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Maybe the same guy that painted the confusing mural in the Denver International Airport did it?
Seriously, it does kinda look like a mushroom cloud but that stylized globe with stuff shooting out into space makes me think it's really nothing, just an artist being creative.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Blister
The image in question is actually the banner image for well-known (and private) torrent website TorrentDay.

www.torrentday.com...
imageupload.torrentinvites.org...

The Nuke-Earth image has been used for years by TD. Every so often - such as now - TD changes the banner to promote a specific torrent.

It would be interesting to know who designed and/or made the image. Also, why are the Chinese using it?

You solved the 'riddle' yet it seems everyone ignored your post, I guess speculating the worst is a lot more interesting in the truth that China just lifted a stock image!
Imagine that, China stealing some image... next thing we will find out Iran Photoshopped their new 'stealth fighter-jet' in front of a stock photo!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join