It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author of murder manual“The Anarchist Cookbook” says it should be taken out of print immediately

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It's a shame the kid didn't find a few versions I've seen around the net. We wouldn't know his name or have to worry about him. He'd have just been a little statistic in the back page of the Metro section for a residential explosion of unknown cause taking only the life of the one playing with it.

Why do the real ones always have to find the real versions when so much junk is around? Figures...
edit on 17-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

by banning books, we just make the point that "information should not be so easily available" instead of saying "THIS specific type of information can be harmful in the 'wrong hands'" which I think is most people's point.
Personally, I've read that book throughout my life (found it in my dad's library when I was like.. 8 haha) but besides leading to some blown-up tennis balls and me smoking banana-peel residue when I was 17, I don't think any harm was done..

Like all information, the only thing that counts is what you do with it..

If I go on the internet for an hour, I could come up with enough information to cause havoc in a MAJOR way.. but I'm simply not interested. folks like timothy McVeigh were interested..
instead of banning the information itself, i suggest we try to look at the difference in MOTIVE between a violent person with malevolent intent, and someone like myself, and remedy those motives..

..or dare i say.. perhaps this generation could write their OWN "anarchist cookbook" in which perhaps the focus becomes on Hacktivism instead of building explosives..?

just ideas!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HyphenSt1

instead of banning the information itself, i suggest we try to look at the difference in MOTIVE between a violent person with malevolent intent, and someone like myself, and remedy those motives..

That would be very difficult in a society like ours, where some percentage of the population is so inclined to violence that they will kill someone over a parking spot or for looking at them the wrong way. Witness the kid in the OP -- he was disciplined by his debate coach back in September, and that was sufficient for him to go to school one day with a gun and homemade bombs, intent on killing, not just the coach, but as many students as he could before killing himself.

How do you "remedy" that?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I understand your point, but it's very much a "chicken or the egg" or "nature versus nurture" situation isn't it? I think the only way to "remedy" any such cycle, is to consider both chicken-and-egg as two aspects of the same cycle and see it for what it is..

Make certain Information taboo? people fetishize it all-the-more..

just like sexuality, when one is raised in a very restrictive environment where certain taboos are forbidden.. but spoken-of constantly haha. (I think a few Christians sects come to mind........)
Fetishes are a way for people to provide an outlet to certain types of emotional energy that isn't being resolved in other ways.. Violence is not different.
We are told (at least by our laws, if not our family and friends) that violence, sex, and drugs, are to be avoided all-together if possible, and all of us "sinners" who "succumb to temptation" have to just do our best to only do what we must and stick to "lesser evils"..

I'm not trying to bring religion into it, but pointing out how the mentality of religion is still imprinted onto most of us in America (and most westernized countries it seems..) and if we were to become aware of it, people would be too in-tune with their environment and colleagues to be SURPRISED when these people move towards an extreme like the kid in the OP.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
If we are going to talk about censorship - perhaps we should have our eye on the violence in our media, imprinting onto our youths minds...
CdT

I don't think there have been any truly violent movies, music or t.v. since the 90's. All the violence in modern media looks so CGI fake, prefabricated and unbelievable that's it's usually laughable. People are no longer mature enough to deal with truly edgy material any more. What you should really worry about is the soullessness, lack of reality and alienation being imprinted onto everyone's mind via mainstream entertainment.
edit on 12/17/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

and the legacy of his "adolescent recklessness" will be all the deaths it will cause. I'm sorry but just how does a book cause deaths? People read a book.People cause deaths not books.Unless you have a big pile of books and they fall on you, thats the only way.Then its still the persons fault that stacked them up.Thats the same thinking that guns kill people,I'm sorry but someone has to put a finger on the trigger for a gun to shoot.People need to stop trying to dodge our responsibility and take ownership of the things we do.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The Anarchist Cookbook is so out of date that its worthless.

The home made explosives in the Anarchist Cookbook are way to dangerous to make and the instructions leave out steps that make them safer. Its like the author was a fed wanting to blow up the bomb maker in the early 1970s

You can find more on the internet that is up to date and safer to make.

I am a ex blaster and have knowledge of how to make many types of explosives.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Maybe this guy should come out with a "How to get away with rape" book next. Surprised he hasn't, it's obvious that he knows how to pick great subject matter for his writings...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I've had several copies of this book over the years. Recent copies have been censored compared to earlier ones. A lot of content has been removed from new prints. Also a lot of the stuff in the book is inaccurate and false information. They took out how to make bombs from ammonium nitrate. They also took out information on how make ricin and assassinate people.

edit on 17-12-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Its freely available on the internet, I have had a copy for years, its very interesting and I can see how a sick twisted person could use it to cause plenty of harm.

That genie can't be put back in its bottle easily.

I say its a better idea to bring back mental asylums if we are considering how to protect society from dangerous basket cases.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

TheWrightWing
Its freely available on the internet, I have had a copy for years, its very interesting and I can see how a sick twisted person could use it to cause plenty of harm.

That genie can't be put back in its bottle easily.

I say its a better idea to bring back mental asylums if we are considering how to protect society from dangerous basket cases.
The question is how to you identify these people and how do you determine who to lock up. I have paranoid schizophrenia and I'm as nuttier then a box of fruitcake but after having this illness for 17 years I've never hurt anyone. I even own guns that I use for hunting.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

This article is complete bull#.. I own the Anarchist Cookbook and it doesn't say a damned word in it about committing murder and mayhem let alone, I would hardly call it a how-to book on homicide and mass murder...

edit on 17-12-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I too have a copy of this book. I wouldn't be hurt by taking the book out, but I would be hurt if it escalated quickly after banning who knows whatever else they feel they need to ban. There are many other books that are far worse than this out there and some websites alone are far worse than this book could ever be. I think ultimately it comes down to whos a nutjob and who is not.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

wantsome
The question is how to you identify these people and how do you determine who to lock up. I have paranoid schizophrenia and I'm as nuttier then a box of fruitcake but after having this illness for 17 years I've never hurt anyone. I even own guns that I use for hunting.

The first time they hint at doing something destructive to others, they should be observed and tested.

As in your case, if it came to light that you were contemplating, in jest or fantasy, that committing a violent act has an attraction on some level, a red flag might be raised and a mental health professional might be dispatched to have a chat with you.

But, freedom being what it is, a vulnerability to dangerous deviants is simply unavoidable. That's not to say one cannot be prepared for unexpected incidents.

It's one reason why I am an advocate of C&C.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join