It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bidding at eBay nears $100,000 for George Zimmerman’s first-ever painting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'm not too fond of his crap either, but I'm a snob.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't see it on ebay. anyone got a link?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Volia

Regarding Banksy. It should be noted Banksy is more of a corporation than an artist. It is likely there is more than one person involved in "Banksy". I met someone who worked for the publishing company that printed his books and they told me working with him is a nightmare. Apparently he has at least 10 other people working with him. Banksy is one of the cheapest schemes I've ever witnessed. It's a collective that parts idiot "art collectors" from their money.

I'm really not on the bandwagon that considers stenciling an art though. Anyone can grab a can of spray paint and stencil something. I don't even consider myself an artist either. It just makes me sad how cheap things have become. You used to need skill to be an artist, now you just need to spray paint a few high profile areas and be mysterious.
edit on 17-12-2013 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Inocent until proven guity and he was never proven guilty.

So good on him and his art career.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Didn't people who managed to cart away large chunks of the Berlin Wall make a decent profit? Off other peoples graffiti? Gotta love people for thinking ahead.

There's a sucker born every minute - PT Barnum.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yea, but did you see some of the graffiti on that wall? Makes banksy look like a jackass.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

JBA2848
Charlie Manson was the first to try and sell artwork.

Actually, Hitler did. And he did a great job of it. Hitlers Art Work

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Democratic underground? Sorry but that echo chamber is a mess and unreliable.
Do we have any reliable sources??

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

antonia

Yea, but did you see some of the graffiti on that wall? Makes banksy look like a jackass.

What I found amazing was the artwork on the Western side, compared to the Eastern side (Or lack of it).

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

JBA2848
Following in the footsteps of a Hero?
Charlie Manson was the first to try and sell artwork.

www.charliemanson.com...

Charlie Manson Is a convicted criminal.

So diffrent standards apply.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Paula Deen will be the top bidder.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by antonia

Democratic underground? Sorry but that echo chamber is a mess and unreliable.
Do we have any reliable sources??

You can look pretty clearly at the pictures and see what is going on, source be damned. But if you want to believe George Zimmerman went from novice to master artist in less then a year that is your business.
edit on 17-12-2013 by antonia because: opps, wrong letter

And really, you've posted sources just as biased.
edit on 17-12-2013 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I wonder how many ATS Zimmerfans are bidding.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

intelligenthoodlum33
I wonder how many ATS Zimmerfans are bidding.

Well as TDawg reminded us...."there's a sucker born every minute" PT Barnum

and as an after thought....HL Mencken's quote seems appropriate....

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public"

However I think I would prefer Mr. Z making "art" rather than out waving his gun around.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Check the video at the bottom here for a good comparison:
www.rawstory.com...

If George sells about 20 of these he'll be able to pay his lawyer off.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That's whats great about America you can get screwed by the press then turn around and use them to make a buck. Good luck George everyone else wants to make money off you

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If Trayvon's mother can try to make money off of this mess, then why can't the guy who was found innocent by a duly appointed jury of his peers?

It is amazing how quickly people froth at the mouth the moment George Zimmerman is mentioned.

So the guy is selling a crappy painting, and someone bid $100k on it; big deal.

The posts comparing Zimmerman to Charles Manson are ridiculous to point of not even warranting mention, and all of the hatred directed at this guy is extremely ignorant, especially for ATS.

Ever since the trial, the media has done nothing but make attempts to destroy this guy; highlighting his being pulled over for speeding, and domestic issues. Don't even try to tell me there isn't some kind of conspiracy against him.

Thanks to the relentless whipping up of controversy by the media, this guy is being hunted like he's a fugitive, and it isn't right.

The man was found innocent; that is all, end of story. Adapt and move on.

As a side note, I can hardly see how this qualifies as newsworthy (or thread-worthy) in the least; I've sold 15 books so far this month, and I'm innocent of murder as well, anyone want to report on that? No? I didn't think so.

*EDIT*
I'd like to point out that I would have no issues with someone reporting or starting a thread about my book sales, though; I could use the exposure.

edit on 12/22/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: edit to add

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't know why anyone would still stand up for Georges character or personality type. He's hateful, fat small and scared and has a gun that makes him feel like he can make everyone stop laughing at him and respect his paranoia and self endowed authority. He assaults his wife and beats up old guys. Then pulls guns on them. How nice to see he has found himself a hobby. I wonder how lucrative a painting of a dead black kid with his name stapled to it would be. Just sounds inflammatory but I'm being serious.

Not really trying to stoke things because it's over with someone died big deal right self defense ya ok but some of the soft supporters of Zimmerman need to stop acting like they still feel he did the right thing and that he totally deserves to pack heat, all the time, to neutralize all perceived threats. Come forth if you previously supported Georges intentions, and let it be known if you would enjoy having him as a neighbor or not, especially if you have teenage kids that could frighten him and (rightfully? wrongfully?) get themselves killed for being out after dark. Have got nothing to say to the hard supporters. I don't even think Geezuss could find a way to be cool with y'all.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

LizardSlicks
I don't know why anyone would still stand up for Georges character or personality type. He's hateful, fat small and scared and has a gun that makes him feel like he can make everyone stop laughing at him and respect his paranoia and self endowed authority.

Those are some very assumptive character traits you've posted here, unless of course, you actually know George Zimmerman personally.

Rather unfounded if you ask me, considering that you most likely do not know the man, and you certainly weren't present during the shooting.

I don't know George Zimmerman, I wasn't there when the shooting occurred, and I wasn't placed on the jury to hear testimony and view evidence, therefore, in my mind, he is innocent based on the jury's findings.

Even on a personal level, based on what was reported by the insanely twisted media, I didn't see a reason for him to be found guilty.

As another poster said, in 50 years, he most likely won't even be a footnote in history, so why waste our time tracking the guy through a media that has essentially stated that they felt he was guilty and seem bound and determined to ruin him in any way that they can?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

There are police reports of violent incidinces with his wife and her father since the trial ended, they each had the privilege of him making the call to pull his gun on them sounds like a someone who's not wrapped too tight and a prior history of aggression and violence is also fact.

Not to mention three speeding tickets in like a one month period, following the trial. If it were me in his shoes I would surely feel overwhelmed with gratefulness that I wasn't serving any prison sentence for the murky happenings on that day that resulted in the death of a teenager. I would be driving carefully, definetely within the speed limit, because I'm atleast partially rational and have atleast a minimal concern and care for the lives and wellbeing of everyone else that happens to be out and about in the world.

You avoided the only important part of my post. At this point I'm not concerned with whether or not there is a loophole to get away with being an aggressor in the wrongful death of another human in the state of Florida. I just have a question and since you seem to be somewhat of a Zimmerfan, you are the perfect person to give a valuable answer. Would you like this guy living next door to you in your suburban neighborhood? The question is much more relevant if you have teenage kids. I would not, for the very simple fact that this is a guy that makes calls to the police every few days for something he deems officer bothering worthy (perceived threats) that end up being non issues ( Clearly shows an impairment of judgement and general disconnect from the reality around him.) and also takes it upon himself to parade as a self appointed peace keeper, whose methods include stalking and following in a car and poorly developed communication (inquisitional) skills, but revolve mostly around that cheap semi-automatic of his. Why would anyone defend him.

edit on 22-12-2013 by LizardSlicks because: last sent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join