It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Dog Owner Warning Poisoned Meat Found On Trails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

A 2-year-old dog is recovering after eating poisoned meat at Carkeek Park on Saturday morning.

The meat is suspected to be tainted with rat poison, and a sample has been sent to a Washington State University lab for testing.

The Barker's (heh) were approached by a couple and informed that someone was leaving meat laced with rat poison on the trails around Carkeek Park right after the husband pulled some meat out of their dogs mouth.

Not too long ago there was a report of someone leaving food with embedded carpet tacks around.

News like this makes me furious. You have to be a real piece of ____ to try and poison dogs. I don't care how distasteful you find them, torturing an animal and it's family is disgusting. I dislike people that don't like dogs, but this is on a different level.

I wonder what the spark was. Disgruntled hiker/jogger tired of off leash dogs? Leaving around poisoned meat is a pretty specific and deliberate thing. I don't think it's some future crazy getting their rocks off. I think it's someone with a grudge against dogs after having an 'incident'.

In the off chance the dirtbag who did this is reading, I hope you always bring some A-1 sauce. Someone like me is going to catch you, and shove that tainted meat down your throat. Dog owners don't agree that this is a property crime.

Dogs are family.

Link

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
So, not only is this piece of crap trying to kill people's beloved pet's, but wild animals as well. Sounds like a real awesome person.
I'm with you. This person needs to be caught and taught a lesson. I know if someone poisoned my dog, I would do everything in my power to find out who did it.

What is wrong with people?

And as a side, I don't dislike people that don't like dogs, but I don't trust them. Especially if my dog doesn't like them.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
That is just sick. I think your suspicion is probably correct. Somebody had an "incident" now they're looking to hurt someone's dog at random.

Our dog is family and we've only had him for a little over a year and half.
You may as well poison one my children as my dog.
There will be some very po'd people looking out for this person.
I sure hope this stops one way or another.

I didn't even think of the wild animals getting ahold of it - bears, raccoons, possums, various birds.
Ugh....I hate to even think about the potential here.

I had to add this:

veterinarian Dr. Jeb Mortimer

Dr. Mortimer? really?
edit on 17-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
We have and currently are raising a generation filled with folks who feel the need to do this sort of thing at any perceived slight, and at the first sign of feeling "put out". A world full of "Me, me, me's". This is definitely disgusting behavior and I hope whoever is behind it is found, stopped, and punished. We have dogs that are like family as well, and this is just beyond the pale. It takes a special kind of person to do this to something that (in this situation) can not protect itself. It's not a victimless crime by any stretch of the imagination though I assume the person doing it probably feels like it is.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
What a messed-up coward. I'd much rather see someone who hates animals kick one publicly so they can see what kind of response they get. I'm glad it got local news coverage so folks can be on the look-out.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

That infuriates me.

Hope they catch the jerk and publicly flog him.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Things like this sickens me greatly. How can anyone do this and sleep at night? I had to stop watching those shows on TV that have people that rescue sick and abused animals. Dogs have feelings too as other animals or are these sickos not care about it at all? What if a young child picks it up and dies or is seriously ill due to this?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Ok so instead of complaining about this vile, wretched, sack of $#! $....

Let us do something about it. Someone, preferably from the Seattle area or even closer, needs to take time out of their "busy" lives and track this person down. The local LEO's aren't going to do a thing, and rather than rely on them to eat more doughnuts, let's take responsibility into our own hands. It doesn't take much to set up a trail cam or even stake out a joint. So there should be no problem catching this person and making a public spectacle out of it. Period.

I am tired of hearing about these atrocious acts and having nothing done about it. If I lived remotely near Seattle, believe me I would start this without hesitation. But I live about 2200 miles away so it would be very difficult for me to say...jog that trail.

We had a similar experience in my neck of the woods about two years ago. But the person was catching local dogs and luring them into their vehicle for whatever nefarious reason their sick minds thought of. I took initiative and setup a trail cam in the neighborhood, but to no avail. While I was walking through the neighborhood, a person who lived nearby approached me and I explained the situation. They immediately joined the "hunt". After about two weeks we had the persons license plate and information. Caught up with them and found 21 dogs, 18 alive and 3 dead. Summoned the humane officer, which is a friend of mine, and thus had the person arrested for a host of citations. I believe they got a hefty fine but I'm not sure about jail time.

POINT IS: We need less talk and more action.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Same thing happened in Toronto a few years ago. I'd just moved to the city when it all began and got to witness the panic among dog owners. It was a BIG story here in Canada. Sickos eveywhere it seems.... Hope I run into someone doing this crap, I'd kick a little butt for our beloved mutts.

globalnews.ca...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So what do you say about dog owners who let there dogs run loose and kill other people livestock. Why do some owners think uncontrolled dogs are OK.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Dog owners are a lot like gun owners. You have a LOT of responsible ones and a few lousy ones, because of that we all tend to get a bad rap. A dog running around killing things is not good behavior but it's no excuse for putting all the others at risk. Do what a normal person would do, call the police, talk to the dogs owner.

I have an awesome 5 year old pitbull named Harley, she walks off leash and is one of the most sociable dogs I've ever known. Worst she's ever done is prance up to someone for a quick hello and a sneaky dog kiss. With that said if someone poisoned her because another dog killed a chicken/cat/whatever, that person would be spending more than a few nights in the hospital...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

roadgravel
So what do you say about dog owners who let there dogs run loose and kill other people livestock. Why do some owners think uncontrolled dogs are OK.

I say let's poison every animal that comes close to the same path that dog walked on! What do you think? Sound like a good plan? Sounds fair to me!!! Screw all the animals!

Your question is an entirely different scenario. It's not even a comparison to what this person is doing. Setting out traps to poison one specific dog because of whatever lame reason is the dumbest most idiotic idea a person can muster. I really feel sorry for their competence if that is the best they could come up with.

If you have a dog killing livestock then the following action should be taken:
1. Call the game warden to handle the situation
2. If not possible, then the work must be handled by the affected person and the strictest aim set to capture the dog in question. NOT POISON. Capture.
3. Find a new home for said dog or take it to a shelter. Preferably no-kill.

Point is, responsibilities lie with the property owner or dog owner and necessary actions can be taken to resolve the situation without poisoning everything else around them.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMainEvent

This is totally vicious and horrid.

I loathe and despise anyone that could do this.

If this were happening in my area I would not stop until I caught the person responsible.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I hate people who poison any animal. What a piece of crap.

Anyone who uses poison,baiting,Snare Lines,Leg traps,Under powered rounds and takes shots past what they can shoot accurately.

If you are reading this and have done or used these methods you are pathetic and cowardly. It really is that simple you are either cruel or a fool. Imagine there is something after death and you have to justify doing these things what will the reasons be? I would think only starvation would clear your pathetic soul. And every other excuse would be your own ego or foolishness.

Life in all it forms is precious and personally I will not kill anything I don't have to that includes spiders I save in cups and let free outside........Am I wrong to do this........I think not........Precious life is.

Rant off..............
edit on 17-12-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Someone hurts my dog, I hurt them.

Its really that simple.

That being said, in the eyes of the law a dog is no more important than any other piece of property you own (baring the extra rules and regulations around dogs)

The person doing it better hope its the police that catch them and not an Owner who considers his pets as family.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Rat Poison is a horrible way to die or suffering from the
internal bleeding. If it's the same person who put down meat
with carpet tacks, then they themselves should have to indulge
in their own poisons. First the tacks, hoping they get bound up
in their intestines & then the rat poison for desert.

Sorry but after working in Veterinary Emergency for 13 to 14 yrs
I have seen & experienced things you wouldn't even want to know about.
There are many sick people out there harming the innocent creatures.

Since it's in the news the good par is that may be enough to stop the culprit.
The bad & sad is that the person may never get caught...maybe someone else
knows & will eventually come forward or maybe the idiot will be dumb enough
to mention it.

Cheers
Ektar

new topics

top topics

join