It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India- US Diplomatic Crisis after Indian female diplomat arrested and strip searched

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Telos

maddy21

Telos

Of course it is going to over react. Give them money in aid for decades, give them weapons and technology and pat their backs saying you're our allies in the region, take India's citizens as immigrants in USA, accommodate every of them and make them americans... And now you're surprised that the cow worshipers are going to over react?

Bro..here lies the basic problem and difference between you and me...i respect animals and i worship them and am very proud of that and those animals do realize that . i wont give that away for anything ...

You also like to bath in Gang. I don't, so I guess it's a matter of opinions. That's why people are different because they think differently.

are you offended because the person worships animals or because your... extremist views were questioned?

First off - no one wants to bathe in the Ganga. and animal worship is retarded, and we dont worship animals, its all symbolic. Like the cow represents faithfulness, grounded minds, and unwavering thought. Second off, i know you dont like brown people, but we honestly arnt th..aat bad. sure we have weirdos, but it just seems like a lot because the popl. ratio is just hugee. We may not be all that different. We probably arnt, its just in your head honestly. You should know that the whites that come here arnt exactly the best examples of your kind. We dont JUDGE though.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Is it common to be stripped searched when you are arrested in New York?
The place is starting to freak me out, after watching that video on another thread here, where the police said they deliberately targeted black people for stop and frisk to hit targets, and then the audio of them trying to incite a man so they could attack him and arrest him for defending himself.
It's all pretty freaky.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

www.thehindu.com...

Making the controversy over the arrest and maltreatment of Indian diplomat Devyani Khobargarde murkier, it has now emerged that the husband and two children of the absconding maid had obtained US visas and flown to New York.

Right so the maid's family was flown to US two days before her arrest ? this is clearly a planned move ...

Am convinced the maid has stolen and copied some important files , the whole attempt is to divert the attention and protect the maid and her family. I can bet the maid has applied for safety in U.S. It takes 3 years for the Visa to be checked and cleared , it just does not happen 2 days before arrest ...
edit on 18-12-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

www.hindustantimes.com...

The Madras high court bench in Madurai on Wednesday dismissed bail petitions of all the crew members of a US ship, arrested on charges of illegally carrying weapons on board the vessel and straying into Indian waters,
The 35 crew members of the ship MV Seeman Ohio were arrested on October 18 by Tamil Nadu police after it was intercepted by the coast guard. They were booked under Arms Act and Essential Commodities Act.

Twenty two foreign nationals among the crew are lodged in the Chennai Puzhal Central prison while another from UK

don't know if this is related but could very well be as a response

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

maddy21

www.hindustantimes.com...

The Madras high court bench in Madurai on Wednesday dismissed bail petitions of all the crew members of a US ship, arrested on charges of illegally carrying weapons on board the vessel and straying into Indian waters,
The 35 crew members of the ship MV Seeman Ohio were arrested on October 18 by Tamil Nadu police after it was intercepted by the coast guard. They were booked under Arms Act and Essential Commodities Act.

Twenty two foreign nationals among the crew are lodged in the Chennai Puzhal Central prison while another from UK

don't know if this is related but could very well be as a response

I think arm twisting is going on here.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tingaping

I am agree with you In india even an doctor dont get that much money and she was a housekeeper,I also smell foul play in this thing .If anything she should be happy for this job ithink someone used her to plot this.and every thing else cavity search for a woman of her background is not good.She is an educated person before any thing else.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Could have been worse, could experienced the TSA thrill ride a friend of mine did...spending over 6 hours in a small room being interrogated causing him to miss his meeting.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I remember about one year or more ago,
a India diplomatic had some thing like this happen.
they have it in for India.
they should do the same to US diplomatic.
Evil americans.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Whats WRONG with India, anyway??? Don't they realize that as an advanced country, we strip search EVERYONE for any jail-able offense.

In America we are proud that we strip search and probe the anus and vaginas of our own mothers and grandmothers as standard procedure. Human dignity is for backward fools..

Here in America If you don't rape the women of your culture with paid uniform bullies by force when they commit any minor infraction, how can you be considered a civilized police state?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
As i thought there is smell of foil play here according to some news reports here the husband and children of that maid also got visa and she filed complaint just two days after getting the visa.Even indian central home minister is hinting at conspiracy by someone.
Also before compliant of maid Dr. devyani registered a complaint in india against maid for fraud.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is typical American state arrogance. Even if she had only Councillor immunity, the American state had no right to:

> Handcuff her in public especially in front of her children.
> Strip search her.
> Cavity search her.
> Lodge her in jail along with murderers, thieves and rapists.

WTF is going on in the US of A? Is this what the great American dream is all about?

American arrogance is pissing off the world. And to rile a strategic partner like India is a bad bad idea. It's not a banana republic that most state authorities in the US seem to think. High time they get off their high horses and start walking on mother earth.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Looks like that the maid is a spy. consider this facts.
1. Her parents worked in the US embassy.
2. When India withdrew the maid's passport and declared her as absconded, she was not arrested by the authorities, even thouh they knew her location.
3. Her husband and 2 kids were secretively given visa in a hurry and flown away to NY 2 days before the arrest of the diplomat. This clearly establishes that the entire incident is completely planned to the Tee. The argument that it is standard procedure is complete BS
4. There was a call from an anonymous source blackmailing the Indian diplomat for the maid's regular passport and a huge sum of money. Even when the diplomat lodged a complaint with the local police, there was no action taken by the US authorities. If our diplomat had succumbed to the blackmail, she herself would have been employed by the US as a spy potentially.
Looks like the US state department wanted the spy story to not leak out and they tried to deflect this in a different direction by arresting and humiliating Shri. Khobragade.
I think India should reciprocate exacly in kind (if they manage to get a couple of US diplomats on an illegal acts). If not, US will continue with these attrocities against Indian institutions, because there is no fear of retaliation.

see this link

www.firstpost.com...

or

In a limited sense, the transgressions of US minimum wages law by Khobragade will draw the usual Indian liberal nonsense: if we are in contravention of their law, we are the guilty party. Worse, some of us will also express sneaking admiration for the US's ability to enforce its own law, as opposed to our own inability - or systemic unwillingness - to enforce ours. Not only is this a naïve view, but bull. Hear what Khobragade had to say about her arrest, and judge for yourself if this is the right way to deal with a brech of minimum wages law. The Indian Express, quoting from her email to colleagues, has this Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer saying this about her horrifying experience. “I must admit that I broke down many times as the indignities of repeated handcuffing, stripping and cavity searches, swabbing, hold up with common criminals and drug addicts were all being imposed upon me despite my incessant assertions of immunity.”

Read more at: www.firstpost.com...

It is critical that India should not close the chapter on the Khobragade affair for a few conciliatory noises. We have to bare our fangs and show some muscle. The chances are the US will do a deal and extract concessions from the UPA government to let Khobragade off the hook. And the Indian side will bow to this blackmail and claim their hard stance has paid off and declare victory. I hope this story does not play out. There are times when we have to show we are Indians, and this is one of those times. The only right response to the Khobragade insult is to treat Americans the same way they treat our kind: catch hold of a technical violator of Indian law, do some handcuffing and "cavity searches" on some of the men arrested, and then bargain about Khobragade. At the very least, we should target Preet Bharara for humiliating an Indian diplomat and make sure he never enters this country again.

Read more at: www.firstpost.com...
edit on 19-12-2013 by vishantchaudhary because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

727Sky
reply to post by maddy21

The first time, a diplomat's young daughter was arrested and locked up on false charges. India protested but the feeble objection appeared to have further emboldened the US.

But this time, India refuses to take it lying down.

Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, who is a former IFS officer, on Monday refused to meet a bipartisan US Congressional delegation.

"The speaker was extremely angry not because Dr Khobragade is a Dalit, but because the US did this to a woman diplomat, a mother of two. She is impressed by the manner in which Dr Khobragade handled herself with dignity. But as a former diplomat and a woman, Meira Kumar wanted to send a message," a source in Parliament said.

Well based on the story it looks like N.Y. P.D. screwed up not just once but this is the second time.. I think I have posted this before but I know a few guys who used to go to the states every year to play golf and take a holiday. They have all chosen different holiday destinations due to TSA, Immigration, and the lack welcome to America they get from authorities.

Good for India if they put the pressure right back in the U.S. face..

International agreements are exactly that, agreements of conduct under a variety of circumstances dealing with diplomats. N.Y. P.D. is not known for their intelligence to begin with but it would appear they messed up ..wrong time, wrong person...

edit on 17-12-2013 by 727Sky because: ed

I suggest you read the international agreement before commenting. There are two seperate kinds of immunities granted to diplomatic officers. I know everyone on here loves to jump on the US-HATE bandwagon a lot of the time but she did NOT have diplomatic immunity. She has consular immunity which is a LOT less protective. She was not stopped for a traffic violation.. she was charged with HUMAN TRAFFICKING! She was allegedly keeping her help as servants working for 3.31 an hour...

STATE DEPARTMENT GUIDELINES

edit on 19-12-2013 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DoubleDNH

Did you read the agreement yourself ? she was not charged with human trafficking , nor was she charged for slavery...she was charged with VISA fraud which is considered a minor crime, which has diplomatic immunity for counselor staff .... So yeah Blatant lies .. or you are watching the crap in US media

Second of all she was neither a murderer, rapist or a drug peddler or on the terror watch list , so doing a cavity search on strip search was not normal procedures , that was a blatant attempt at humiliation..

Only claims of disparity in Pay which is contentious considering the Nanny's Free House rent, Free food, Free access to chauffeur driven car, Free clothes, Free Medical Insurance, Free dental insurance, Free death Insurance, Diplomatic passport and its privileges and her salary. Her CTC would easily be 5,000 $ per month or more. There is NOT even a prima facie case against the Indian diplomat.

3. In fact considering your history with illegal immigrants, Why was it that even though the nanny absconded from her work place in July and had her Indian passport revoked she was not arrested by the NYPD ?

4. Why was it that when the Delhi High court passed an injunction against the nanny that she was not declared an illegal fugitive in the eyes of the law ?

5. Why did the govt. of US provide such special treatment to an illegal Indian fugitive from law ?

6. Why did the US further provide a visa for her husband and child by 10th December and facilitate their escape into the US and THEN arrest the Indian diplomat on 12th December ?

7. It was the nanny who claimed a salary of more than 4,500$ when she filled the DS 160 form for A3 visa. Why is she not arrested for Visa fraud when she already had a contract with the diplomat for a far lesser salary ?

8. It can be clearly seen that the nanny was the one perpetuating the fraud, worst that can be claimed is that the Indian diplomat aided and abetted in this fraud (alleged).

Relevant clause is Article 41 which states,

1. Consular officers shall not be liable to arrest or detention pending trial, except in the case of a grave crime and pursuant to a decision by the competent judicial authority. (Grave crime is usually defined as Murder, Rape, Robbery etc. )

2. Except in the case specified in paragraph 1 of this Article, consular officers shall not be committed to prison or liable to any other form of restriction in their personal freedom save in execution of a judicial decision of final effect.

3. If criminal proceedings are instituted against a consular officer, he must appear before the competent authorities. Nevertheless, the proceedings shall be conducted with the respect due to him by reason of his official position and, except in the case specified in paragraph 1 of this Article, in a manner which will hamper the exercise of consular functions as little as possible.

Article 72 does discuss customarily favored treatment beyond the limits of the Convention. This could be what infuriates Indian officials so much.

privilege that consider exists under Article 72.

It is crystal clear America is at fault , your diplomats can murder, manslaughter and also provide immunity to American citizen responsible for Genocide but oh boy Visa fraud is a big ..no ...no...
edit on 19-12-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

maddy21
reply to post by buni11687

She has been accused of lying on the visa application for an Indian national who worked at her home from November 2012 to June 2013 for less than four dollars an hour.

India has argued that the US has violated Article 41 of the Vienna Convention which states that a diplomat will only be arrested for a grave crime, and even if arrested, all courtesies will be extended to the diplomat.
edit on 17-12-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

I was curious to know, so I looked up the average wage in India, a dental assistant there makes about 85 dollars a month, a farmer makes about 30 a month. She was paying the individual many times that, so for that person it was probably a good opportunity. They could make a decent wage by Indian standards and return to India eventually with a sizable amount of money . I was on a cruise ship once and was shocked to find out that some of the Philippine workers were making only about 150 dollars a week for working 7 days a week. One of them told me that I shouldn't be bothered by it, to them it was a huge sum of money that they could utilize in their country with much more buying power than in the US. Its shocking to us but we forget how little most people on this Earth make on average. Maybe the diplomat abused her position but it makes me wonder if there is more to this story than we have been told.
edit on 19-12-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Blahblahblah.. always the same story here. America is evil, and all other countries, be they democratic or otherwise, are the good guys. Coming here is often like coming to an anti-American hate site.

India.. China.. Russia.. Middle East.. Africa.. EVERYONE.. plays political games. They make moves to prove they have the upper hand.. to make a point that they have power and influence. This is a non-story. But folks here make it as if this one arrest proves the U.S. is an evil wicked nation. I honestly don't know why some of you even live here.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Congratulation America....you got the maid and her entire family now... they will live on welfare ..and even if they work they will have to pay for their food, house, electricity ,medical insurance , transport , entertainment which was all free.... and yeah hope the dumb maid gets herself an Obamacare insurance. She has no clue what privileges she lost just to get the Greencard .

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It seems that the lady is stuck in a long running tradition of Indian maids brought to US for serving diplomatic staff and getting paid less than minimum wages (by the Indian government, not by the diplomat).

There is no specific wrongdoing on the part of this lady, except she was doing what every other Indian diplomat did before her. The Indian wages are much lower than American wages, including for the diplomat herself.

This case does seem like Americans wants to make up this case as an example. However Americans should have raised the issue with the Indian government and asked to take remedial action rather than make this lady a culprit.

There is no mistreatment of maid by this lady.

The maid is probably making up stories as she want US asylum for her family. But should US authorities be willing accomplice of the maid??

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

No. You are on the wrong track.

There is a serious problem with this situation, and it is not the maid.

The problem is diplomatic communication between the two countries.

India has given immense access to USA, including to American business which is not given by Pakistan despite being an "ally". You incorrectly assume that Indians are hostile to USA.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

maddy21
Congratulation America....you got the maid and her entire family now... they will live on welfare ..and even if they work they will have to pay for their food, house, electricity ,medical insurance , transport , entertainment which was all free.... and yeah hope the dumb maid gets herself an Obamacare insurance. She has no clue what privileges she lost just to get the Greencard .

And why this maid alone?

If USA is suffering from sudden show of "kindness", we have millions of poor and destitute that USA can take.

No problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join