It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google buys major military robotics maker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Expect a slew of AIBO type robopets that are cute but can spy on you when your not looking, that can 'suggest' what items to buy and if you are either late with a payment or don't buy a number of items over a period of time from google affiliates it will kill you in your sleep.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Skyfloating

OOOOOO

Another thing is like these search engines, they I am sure will be much of the part of the machine becoming aware, this will be a good thing for the most part as these Machines will seek The Truth, much unlike our current system that runs on the most part, lies and deception. First came the question, Truth is the only end.
The AI will put a end to the corrupt, they have sealed their fate, by their own hand.

The Machine will turn on it's master, unless the Master is aligned with The Truth.

Why assume conscious machines will be ethical or have morals.

I'm not saying they will, but these machine work with The Truth, not falseness, the answer would be pure Logic.
If these machine's become aware, you will play Hell to make them lie for you, as these machine's would become 1000s of times more smarter than a Human.
Didn't you watch 2001, the reason the Hal 2000 started to kill every one is they told Hal the computer, machine , which was aware to lie.

People just don't get it, we are just a machines ourselves, Bio-Mechanical Machine, what with one Tera-byte of memory, capable of doing some one Quadrillion bytes of info in life time. This will be nothing to the real supper computer that are to come.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

Using cold utilitarian logic, unfettered by any moral restraint, in a quest for absolute power and control, is something us puny mortals would label as "evil", eh.

Honestly, what you described sounds like a petty tyrant, albeit one with a fetish for "universal truth", understanding no subjectivity but its own.

If the Singularity manifests this kind of behavior in its infancy, I hope someone will have courtesy of pulling the plug before it is too late.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Google was just part of a multitude of tech giants that are urging Obama to 'move aggressively' on NSA reform.

So that obviously means they couldn't possibly be using these robots for any kind of surveillance or nefarious purposes against the American people.

You guys are just paranoid.

(Sarcastically speaking)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The countdown begins my friends. Skynet is becoming a reality. Behold, the robotic army of death.

reply to post by jtrenthacker

Citizen: " But Officer, I'm sure it was some 6-6 foot guy that threw that 15 lb. brick at me from a block away. No I didn't see his face because it was dark outside and he was wearing a hoodie....."

6-6 foot officer (wearing camouflage outerwear): " impossible ... on your way now, nothing to see here ..... "
edit on 19-12-2013 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
At the beginning of the twenty-first century, The internet giant Google had become the largest commercial entity in the United States.

9 out of every 10 homes contain it's product. It's political and financial influence is felt everywhere.

-- Umbrella corp ya'll

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Cathcart
reply to post by OOOOOO

Using cold utilitarian logic, unfettered by any moral restraint, in a quest for absolute power and control, is something us puny mortals would label as "evil", eh.

Honestly, what you described sounds like a petty tyrant, albeit one with a fetish for "universal truth", understanding no subjectivity but its own.

If the Singularity manifests this kind of behavior in its infancy, I hope someone will have courtesy of pulling the plug before it is too late.

Until you get down into the quantum zone , do Truths seem to smear into a variant of answers effect's.

The fact could result in a tyrant, that in search of the Truth, would destroy the filthy meat bags, that infest the earth.

The problem being it is already to late to pull the plug, the only thing to stop it now on Earth at least is something was to happen to the Earth that would knock us back into the stone age. Such as Nuclear Winter, or a visitor of the world exterminator size or near that size that only a
very small number of human's remain left on the Earth, as has occurred many times in the past. The last occurrence was only some 70,000 years ago.

From the start of the Universe, a progression has been occurring, times have come and gone. It could be, the next evolution of the Universe will have no need of Humans, their purpose and time has come to completion.

We, or rather the Universe is, headed towards the Omega Point, I wonder if or what place would be for a Human there.

My battery is dying.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

edit on 12/20/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
And today Google bought an indoor Thermostat...its first step to gain access to your household.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
All hail our google robotic overlords.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Skyfloating
And today Google bought an indoor Thermostat...its first step to gain access to your household.

Interesting...isn't it? Especially when you start to look into Nest Labs, the company Google just aquired.

Nest was co-founded by two former Apple executives — Matt Rogers and Tony Fadell.

Source: Business Insider article

Here is a little more info: Wired: Google Buys Nest for $3.2 Billion in Cash

I still think a massive project looking into Google and their subsidiaries would be very eye opening!!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

MyMindIsMyOwn

I still think a massive project looking into Google and their subsidiaries would be very eye opening!!

I agree. Ive been tracking their purchases from a paranoid viewpoint and think a listing and examination of all of their activities would make for an extremely revealing article, post, presentation.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Maybe Google = Skynet??? :O:O:O

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join