It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning revelation from man who sued NSA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

NEW YORK – The attorney who won a high-profile federal court fight Monday with the National Security Agency over its invasive telephone call spy program says he was put under surveillance – and more – by the agency when he filed the case.

Larry Klayman, a WND commentary contributor and founder of Judicial Watch and, more recently, FreedomWatch, told WND that once his allegations that the federal government was violating the Constitution with its “watch-every-call” strategy hit the courts, he noticed problems with his email.

“People began receiving from me emails that I had never sent,” Klayman told WND, suggesting harassment over his work. “The government just wanted me to know they were watching me.”

Stunning revelation from man who sued NSA

In a story which now is the top of the news on google, the Feds lost a key ruling which judge Leon used the words Orwellian. This is after 60 minutes made a maddening puff piece just yesterday which is the number one story on ATS now. Through the 500+ news headlines which are posted, you may have missed this story...

Unmentioned on Fox, CNN, or other msm fronts... is a story about two parents.... just wanting peace of mind about their child who died...

"Klayman brought the case on behalf of Charles Strange, the father of Michael Strange, a cryptologist technician for the NSA and support personnel for Navy SEAL Team VI."

"Klayman explained earlier that Charles and Mary Anne Strange received emails from him that he never sent, and even a text message from their dead son. Klayman suggested at the time that the NSA was sending a message that it could do whatever it wants."

Well that doesn't sound anything like what that huckster Alexander said on 60 minutes... and Michael Strange and his parents are Americans... not only do they claim their calls were spied on... but they then mind screwed them after their son gave his life for his country.

Shame on the NSA... Shame on anyone defending this surveillance system which replaces humanity and family with fake emails and sms to these parents...

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Uhm.. wow....

If they did in fact listen in on this family during the court case....

The NSA must truly believe they are untouchable to commit the very crime they are being accused of. I am glad the judge involved is seeing the NSA for what it is..

he needs to send them a reminder that the book 1984 is meant to serve as a warning and not to be used as a blueprint by the NSA.

Secondly I would like the judge to require the NSA to provide the court with the warrant they would be required to obtain when they began listening in on the family.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
How in hell is doing that kind of sick garbage to the parents of their deceased son fitting into any definition of defending the security of the nation? Boy,is our society sick! I am beginning to think that the only sane people are here on ATS. (omg, did I really just say that?) Good for him for suing and exposing it.

On a side note, I hope Snowden does not return for a while and believe they will give him amnesty. We do not have sane people at the helm.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

This PRISM issue gets more and more concerning every time we hear a new story about it. To be honest with you, I think we have reached a point where the worst assumptions we can make about the full extent of the abuse of this system, are probably less serious than the actual truth. Too much power is given to the NSA, where the PRISM system is concerned and they appear to be about the business of not just abusing that power, but the people over whom they weild it.

In short, they are not using this system in a targeted, justifiable manner. No amount of security could possibly excuse this destruction of liberty. Someone, ought to be doing a better job of watching these watchmen, than the job currently being done, otherwise the entire PRISM ought to be shattered asunder, and it's keepers barred from doing anything more important than directing traffic in Alaska.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It just shows how vindictive these spooks can be, and childish too. That E-mail scam is an ongoing thing, with known private details being used to 'validate' the E-mail as genuine, and it's going on in the UK as well.

I received such an E-mail from a known friend, which had personal details, even pet names and expressions, but the friend never sent it, and was in England at the time. It's phishing, to see what somebody's replies might entail.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And they say they do not record the content of the conversations....BS

It is well known that they have a "Key Word" list.

Now how the hell do you listen for "key words" without recording?

****Attn: Fast Eddie Snowden, I am just waiting for this admission****

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Oh yes, they are doing much more than just listening.
In their spare time they enjoy being anonymous agents provocateurs.
Slander, threats, libel - all in a day's work.
They are out to make life miserable for those who oppose an over-arching police state.
Too many loose ends makes these folks nervous.
It's not enough to just watch us.
They use every tool at their disposal to manipulate us towards their ends.
It's an abomination of the American way.
It's the Stalinist way AND I HOPE THEY ARE READING THIS TOO.

edit on 17-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
They are out to make life miserable for those who oppose an over-arching police state.

More than that, they have fecked up the whole philosophy of the internet, one of the greatest sources of instant information ever, and they know it. Like the E-Mail I spoke of in my last post, what I forgot to mention was that the senders E-Mail address was not only the correct one, it was on an automatic private mailing list of around two dozen people. They all got the same message, just like the guy in the OP would have a mailing list. It has got to stop, as the judge has ruled. The judge hasn't just ruled against the government either, has by default agreed with Snowden, and Snowden should be reinstated as a citizen, and treated as a whistleblower for the people, just like Obama promised (pre-election) whistleblowers should be treated.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Asktheanimals

edit on 17-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

See thats what people keep forgetting, its not the listening that we should be worried about, its what they are doing once they heard.

Far to easy for a senator who wants to investigate this, or say a foreign government who is upset about it, to suddenly have their dirty laundry aired.

Its very much a case of Who is watching the watchmen.

They gave the NSA everything it needed to become the single most powerful agency on the planet, are we to think they didn't use what we gave them?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

This is what is scary to me. Most people communicate via electronic communication. If they (TPTB) want to get someone out of the way, all they have to do is "generate" some electronic terrorist activity, and that is it. You get to go to prison for the rest of your natural life and it will not ever matter what you say, all they have to do is say "see here? this person sent these emails, it was authenticated as coming from the person in question!"

In the days of old handwriting analysis could vindicate a person, now... nothing can if they can make it look like the communication came from your computer.

edit on 17-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In my humble opinion, Snowden should get a medal.

2nd

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
In the UK the spy chiefs claimed they foiled 34 terrorist plots against the UK since the July 7 suicide bombings of 2005. They didnt state what kind or how severe, just that that was justifiable to spy on an entire nation.

They should of provided evidence but just said take our word for it.

The judge in the ruling for the US said he didnt find one instance where it prevented terrorism, hence why the law is being changed to define the actual meaning of terrorism.

We are being taken for the mugs that we are for not stopping them.
edit on 17-12-2013 by Horus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

beezzer
In my humble opinion, Snowden should get a medal.

2nd

Flyers Fan is still on the fence about him

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That is the most disgusting abhorrent abuse of surveillance, to psychologically torture the parents of someone who has served for their country is ... ineffable.

Shockingly disgusted.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The 21st century version of mankind is sicker than most people would like to believe. This NSA phenomenon is only beginning to show to everyone just how insane this whole system is becoming.

It's sad, and I wouldn't have ever wanted to say this but - BIG BROTHER is actually knocking on the door as we speak.

The question is, will we be his humble host?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Xcathdra
[...]

Secondly I would like the judge to require the NSA to provide the court with the warrant they would be required to obtain when they began listening in on the family.

He is against the NSA spying on people, which should be enough for that secret court to deem him a possible terrorist and issue that warrant.

OpinionatedB
[...]

This is what is scary to me. Most people communicate via electronic communication. If they (TPTB) want to get someone out of the way, all they have to do is "generate" some electronic terrorist activity, and that is it. You get to go to prison for the rest of your natural life and it will not ever matter what you say, all they have to do is say "see here? this person sent these emails, it was authenticated as coming from the person in question!"
[...]

No need to bother with making stuff up if they want someone to disappear, just arrest him and throw away the key to the cell... all legal thanks to the NDAA. Generating stuff could easily be used to blackmail people to do whatever though.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

these spooks must be pieces of human excrement. who would betray all their countrymen, under the guise of some bs terrorism that kills less people than lightning strikes per annum? clearly we have a bloated feces war/spy machine turned against the American people and eliminating their freedoms because as the wars wind down they have nothing left to do but hate the citizens. what a cancer on democracy.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

A toast to such a distinguished guest. *holds up a molotov*
*edit for the NSA* I'm at work and don't have any molotovs. Ya know. Since your probably looking for that "keyword"....bunch bull# pretty sad I even have to be concerned about it.
edit on 17-12-2013 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2013 by GrimReaper86 because: for the NSA

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

The NSA ONLY Exists because of the Patriot Act . The Patriot Act Only Exists because of what happened on 9/11/01 . Then President Bush needed an Excuse for Invading Iraq , and later on Afghanistan , so the Post Cold War Boogeyman was Now Alledged Islamic Terrorists Hell Bent on Destroying the United States According to the Federal Goverments Delusional Propaganda Act in 2001 . The NSA is the Product of a " Fairy Tale " , and Should Not Even Exist Today , but it does , and you know Why ? Because of the indifference by a Majority of the American People at the time to Cede their Constitutional Freedoms in exchange for the Illusion of Safety and Security that neither the Federal Goverment nor the Military can provide .

What the NSA has Morphed into Today is a Goverment Sanctioned Tyranny Courtesy of the Ignorant Masses who have given up their ability to Govern themselves ............ Sadly , Ignorance is an Excuse in that regard...............;(

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

In my job as a Tier 2 Technician for a major telecommunications company and I get people nearly everyday that have had their emails compromised by botnets (automated, malicious scripting that uses ones computer as a zombie to propagate spam to others) and it automatically send emails from their accounts on a daily basis to people they do not know. This is viral activity, this guy may be compromised....but it doesn't mean that it is the NSA doing it....although I would not put it past them to spy like this anyway or to intimidate.
edit on 17-12-2013 by Illuminawty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join